Mori Has Passed Away :(

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Mori Has Passed Away :(

Postby AzimScot » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:52 pm

Thanks for all your support guys. I intend to follow in my fathers footsteps and make his dream a reality one day. He is currently located at 700 Carmunnock Road Cemetry for anyone. I intend to make a blog on the life and times of my father with photos/videos soon and will post here.

Take care everyone.

Azim.
AzimScot
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:13 pm

What can I say. Im actually speechless.

Initially at least, coz I aint leaving it there…

Mo, I remember the first time I encountered you on the interwebs ,on skyscrapercity. I thought you were Japanese, for about a year. Funny how you get such a skewed perspective of folk using this as a platform. Imagined ethnicity aside, I always held the opinion of you as a genuine glesga guy, someone not just interested in but espoused to Glasgow, its promotion and betterment. How could we not have got on? Your taste in music maybe. I jest.

The first time we, and a few online cohorts, met was the radiance festival of light, which you must remember… coz you were the only one sober! Feels like a million years ago now, in another epoch. Suppose it is now really. Last year was the last time I saw you, when we went round the lyceum where amongst the old fittings we found robertpool, building a paper fort out of the original menus from the maiden voyage of the Daphne. Mibbe a handful of folk will get that joke (nowt changed there huh), but you will.

I’ll miss seeing you around, whether virtually or real..lllly. Will miss your diplomacy, your excited energy like that of a teenager, I’ll miss your 3d visuals, I’ll miss you laughing at my daft jokes n jibes, I’ll even miss reading the planning committee minutes you post! But most of all I’ll miss you sharing your memories of a Glasgow that a lot of us wish we had got to meet, although im sure theres more than a fair few auld bastards kickin about here that saw it.

Well im glad I got to meet you. Honoured when you sought my opinion and input. Honestly grieved to have to say goodbye. When I think on it nor, you always did have a way of getting the last word. Your signature on skyscrapercity means you’ll always have it, ya fly bastard…

'Memento mori-Remember that you are mortal!'

See ya, Mo, big guy, ol buddy, ol pall!

P.
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby SomeRandomBint » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Lovely words, Crusty.

I wanted to say, as an infrequent visitor to here, that I learned so much about this city from reading Mori's posts. And I'm really sad to hear of your loss.

I'm glad he was here, and I'm glad that thanks to the wonders of the internet, his knowledge and enthusiasm will still be here for people to read for a while to come.
"-What was all that then? - What? - THAT. - That was Glasgow"
SomeRandomBint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:30 pm

You hit the sweet spot there, Crusty. such a nice way to say good-bye.
Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby InkMan » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:47 pm

Such terrible news; condolences to his family and many friends.

What a wonderful tribute were his dream to be realised.

Shuggy
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby sandabound » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:29 pm

R.I.P Mori, peace be upon you & may Allah the merciful give your family the strength to get through this difficult time
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:54 pm

My condolences to Azim and all Mori's family.

Never met, never even pm'd …. but I'll miss his threads, and comments.

Sad, sad news indeed.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vinegar Tom » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Very sad news. Mori will be missed in these parts.

Condolences to Azim and family.
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby maccoinnich » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Azim, I'm very sorry for your loss. Your Dad was a great guy. There's a tribute thread to your at SkyscraperCity, another forum where he was a prolific and valued contributor (http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1658118). It's clear that he meant a lot to a lot of people, including those who never met him in person, but clearly felt like they knew him all the same.
maccoinnich
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Dugald » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:32 pm

AzimScot, I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I always read what he had to say and felt that he and I had something in common. He will be greatly missed on this forum. May Mori rest in peace.
Dugald.
Dugald
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:19 am

Sorry to hear this. He will forever be known in cyberspace for his great posts on here
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:21 pm

Very sorry to hear this - Mori was one of the most genuine and informative contributors on HG. At least we have all his contributions over the years to look back on.
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:26 pm

It is with a heavy heart and deep regret that I learned of Mori’s passing. I never met the man but I read many of his posts, in fact I read the majority of his posts and they were always full of information, humour and a great sense of humanity but quintessentially Glaswegian.

I think this forum will be poorer without his contributions and the subjects he either contributed to or started, from subways to Peter Capaldi becoming Dr Who! There were no ends to his contributions, no barriers and no boundaries to his ‘warmth’ that always shone through.

I know this may appear strange but I am not going to present my condolences but my congratulations! Congratulations to the man for his life and legacy, congratulations to his son for having the courage during this difficult time and coming on to this forum to inform us and most of all and congratulations to those who loved and knew him for in doing so they were touched by a life that the rest of us can only envy!
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HelenD » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:20 pm

Azim, my sincere condolences to you and your family. I met Mori at an HG drinks night some years ago and he was very much the man described in the tributes that have been paid to him.

I was too stunned to write anything when I found out last night. I've had a few unexpected bereavements myself but it doesn't diminish life's ability to throw an unpleasant surprise from time to time. Mori's contribution to forum life, both here and elsewhere has made him very much part of the weave and weft of our world. A pillar of the community, we will miss him as we would the theft of a railway station.

I hope you are able to continue with the Lyceum. Restoring old buildings is a considerable challenge but you may find it therapeutic.

Meminerimus Mori
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby edward carolan » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:11 pm

Never met him , but always liked his posts. We will be the less for his absence,
lets hope we will behave a bit more like him with sense and decorum.
Sallam Mori
edward carolan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)