Aggressive Begging in Glasgow City Centre. Getting worse?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Aggressive Begging in Glasgow City Centre. Getting worse

Postby Fat Cat » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:04 pm

RapidAssistant wrote:
Big Dan wrote:Wait did someone say they're putting a stop to these aggressive beggars in Glasgow? Does that mean the BBC is going to stop coming to my door demanding money for some reason?

....or someone stop the Irish navvies who persist on ignoring the "no cold callers" sign on my door - no I don't F-ing want my driveway tarmacked thank you very much. Or my sofits replaced, or my back fence renewed.

Irish navvies?? Oh, you mean travellers. :?

The guy who sells the Big Issue outside Marks in Sauchiehall Street is a bit pushy. I really, really don't want your last Big Issue. Really.
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Godsgift » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:36 pm

RapidAssistant wrote:
Big Dan wrote:Wait did someone say they're putting a stop to these aggressive beggars in Glasgow? Does that mean the BBC is going to stop coming to my door demanding money for some reason?

....or someone stop the Irish navvies who persist on ignoring the "no cold callers" sign on my door - no I don't F-ing want my driveway tarmacked thank you very much. Or my sofits replaced, or my back fence renewed.

In fairness sir, we'll take your money but lay the bare minimum of tarmac. ::):
Godsgift
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby bAzTNM » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:57 pm

Some wee guy who appeared to be wearing a black bin bag as a coat burst out on me from that lane where the Annie Miller's pub is off of Clyde Street. Asked for £6. Don't recall why he wanted it. Just wanted £6. Looked well wild. As usual, Police go by not bothering why this fucking loon is pointing in my face losing the plot.
bAzTNM
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:45 am

bAzTNM wrote:Some wee guy who appeared to be wearing a black bin bag as a coat burst out on me from that lane where the Annie Miller's pub is off of Clyde Street. Asked for £6. Don't recall why he wanted it. Just wanted £6. Looked well wild. As usual, Police go by not bothering why this fucking loon is pointing in my face losing the plot.

you shouldve let him rant for an hour and you couldve given him £6.31
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:19 pm

bAzTNM wrote:As usual, Police go by not bothering why this fucking loon is pointing in my face losing the plot.

Y'know, yer 'average person' might consider that to be incompatible with

bAzTNM wrote:I suffer from mental health issues too.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Josef wrote:
bAzTNM wrote:As usual, Police go by not bothering why this fucking loon is pointing in my face losing the plot.

Y'know, yer 'average person' might consider that to be incompatible with

bAzTNM wrote:I suffer from mental health issues too.

Where's the vigorously nodding smilie?
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby busdriver » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Reguloj por la gvidado de sagxuloj kaj blinda obeemo de malsagxuloj.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby RDR » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:10 pm

busdriver wrote:Image

Excellent!
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby moonbeam » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Yes Yes & Yes after getting accosted by a guy in Sauchiehall Street to-day seeking £5 to get to "Inverness". Aye right! He had a scrap of paper with a pencil, he would write down his address. He asked me to write to the address and he would post the fiver back. Made a change from the 50p for a cup of tea! Anyone else run into this guy?
moonbeam
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:42 pm

or the wee dwarf like wummin in clydebank shopping centre who asks for bus fare as she has lost her pass then blows the dosh in the amusement arcade.a nasty litte person when you politely refuse her plea.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bAzTNM » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:37 pm

banjo wrote:or the wee dwarf like wummin in clydebank shopping centre who asks for bus fare as she has lost her pass then blows the dosh in the amusement arcade.a nasty litte person when you politely refuse her plea.

Does she look very odd? Like a small dwarf pixie? I'm sure she hangs about Duke Street too.
bAzTNM
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby banjo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:23 pm

if theres an arcade in duke then yes.you have described her so well.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby InkMan » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:40 pm

I also depends in which way certain Police officers choose to discharge their interpretation of incidents. I thought I had posted this story on HG before but seemingly not.

A few years ago I phoned Pitt Street to inform the police of an incident I had witnessed the previous day in Buchanan Street. An old woman had handed me a bit of heather and I subsequently gave her it back when she demanded money for it. When coming out of a shop five minutes later I see two old dears, clearly shaking delving into their purses to pay her. I ask them if they had requested the heather and unsurprisingly they had not then told me they did not wish to pay for it. I picked the heather from their hands and returned it to the old woman politely at which point two young males talking in their own language (one that I am ignorant enough to not understand afore any professional offendee asks). They were also dressed similarly to the old woman. When they start growling at me two workies who had witnessed the full situation started to shout and bawl at the scam artists causing their quick departure.

I call the police to give them heads up to this disgusting scam and speak to a young male. I do not repeat the language used by the workies other than to say it was direct and not which you normally hear in a public environment. He was more interested in what the workies said to the two foreign males and when I questioned this anomaly his response was "well Sir, you have not notified my of any crime but I would like to know precisely what it was that they said.

He was clearly interpreting my elucidation of the workies behaviour as being racist and ignoring the scam which clearly caused distress. I asked if I was speaking to a serving officer and he said yet. He was not happy when I assumed that he had scored top in his class in his 'Understanding differences within communities and accepting subsequent behaviour society would not otherwise tolerate' exam. He really took offence at that.

Yes, it is one example but as I have said many times on here before it is funny how the one bad example is tolerated with Civil Servants or whatever Public Sector workers. That does not excuse the fact that this behaviour - and to make it clear to any looking to take offence I mean this particular quasi aggressive threatening behaviour by the scam artists - cases distress.

I hate violence but I have have always hoped that somewhere, sometime this pair oc chancers were handed their arse in front of whoever the evil old witch they chose to be past of this.

Shuggy
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby banjo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:52 am

of course inkman you should know by now that a curse has been put upon you.lucky for you that i have the powers to remove said curse .for a fee of course.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dsrfcno1 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:09 pm

banjo wrote:of course inkman you should know by now that a curse has been put upon you.lucky for you that i have the powers to remove said curse .for a fee of course.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1127180/?ref_=sr_1 8O
dsrfcno1
Just settling in
Just settling in

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)