AUCHENSHUGGLE

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: AUCHENSHUGGLE

Postby robertpool » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:38 pm

can't say the name rings a bell, but then again my memory is not as good as it once was. If the guy says he knows me then fair enough; unless l owe him money ::):
robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby busdriver » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:21 pm

robertpool wrote:can't say the name rings a bell, but then again my memory is not as good as it once was. If the guy says he knows me then fair enough; unless l owe him money ::):

I believe the Patons lived in the 5 apartment either 54 or 56 the next block up from me, my sister used to hang out with one of em. Although its been a while so memory aint that good. Havent been back since 97 though.
Reguloj por la gvidado de sagxuloj kaj blinda obeemo de malsagxuloj.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby jackparkhead » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:44 am

my family lived at number 15 finhaven St the family name is O'Hara,

I remember a lot of the people who lived there at the same time as us
my name is Jack I had two brothers George,Billy, and two sisters
Patsy,[rip] and Sadie my mum 's name was Mima [rip],and my dads was Pat[rip].

we lived with my Grandad Rab Selkirk, and my Granny Sarah.
jackparkhead
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Bighaich47 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:40 am

Hi Flower Girl, the No.9 tramcar terminus was at Auchenshuggle stopped t the aec works on london rd., which until recently was dreams furniture shop. Many a good times down there.
Bighaich47
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby jimbritton » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:57 am

I lived at 30 Finhaven St. Auchenshuggle, 1964 - 65. I worked at MacFarlane & Laings shoveling coal into a tip that was transported to the boilerman. James Dougherty and I worked together. When one of us had a day off the the other had to supply a days worth of coal alone. Never believed it was possible for one person to shovel 20 tons of coal in an 8 hour day but we did.
It was so cold in the Winter. No central heating in the houses. I was given a heating pad to warm the bed before getting between the sheets, with strict instructions not to leave it plugged in for more than a few minutes. However I made the mistake of falling asleep with it plugged in and caught the mattress on fire; nearly burned the building down!
Once I was visiting someone in Maukinfauld Rd. the family was burning furniture in the middle of the apartment floor.
Now living in Oregon, with fond memories of the wee men and lasses in Auchenshuggle.
jimbritton
Just settling in
Just settling in

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)