No-Go Areas in Glasgow. Serious ones.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: No-Go Areas in Glasgow. Serious ones.

Postby The Egg Man » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:
An Taigh Sear 14 wrote:
RDR wrote:
An Taigh Sear 14 wrote:It seems that Pollokshields is a disproportunately no-go area in relation to violence, rape and murder if you are an ethnically native Scot or similar.
The Kris Donald Murder, the murder of Irishman William McKeenan and the rape of a working girl by two Sikh Holy Men tells us that if you are a native Scot then you are more likely to be murdered or a victim of violent assault per capita in Pollokshields than anywhere else in Scotland because of your skin colour.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... er-1402402
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... ed-1368458
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla ... 123014.stm

You want to define what a 'native scot' is?
By the look of it anyone who is white according to you?

Erm not particularly, I will let the facts stand for themselves. :? :?

Perhaps I should have stipulated ethnically native Scot, maybe then your irrational PC dander would not have been up so much, :roll:

Get Back to where you belong, Dave.
http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=122494

A wee warning about that site wouldn't have gone amiss Dexter.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:27 am

Josef wrote:

Jesus.

Banned. Permanently.

I thought Josef's post was warning enough.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:59 pm

Josef's warning came after your post.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:48 pm

I saw it was the usual BNP in fighting and I had got what I wanted. I'm not going back to see what you wanted warning about.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mrlipring » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:11 pm

An Taigh Sear 14 wrote:To deny the facts is to be complicit---a la Jimmy Savile.

That's a rational argument if ever I saw one. "If you disagree with me, you're a fucking paedo!"

That forum he linked to is proof, if it were needed, that computers are too easy to use these days. His arguments are laughable. You'd think the South Side was turning to Sharia Law to hear him rant. Obviously, in the meantime, nobody white's committed any crime whatsoever.
mrlipring
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby floweredpig » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:52 pm

An Taigh Sear 14 wrote:It seems that Pollokshields is a disproportunately no-go area in relation to violence, rape and murder if you are an ethnically native Scot or similar.
The Kris Donald Murder, the murder of Irishman William McKeenan and the rape of a working girl by two Sikh Holy Men tells us that if you are a native Scot then you are more likely to be murdered or a victim of violent assault per capita in Pollokshields than anywhere else in Scotland because of your skin colour.

Have you been to Pollokshields in the last ten years?

Nothing happens apart from a brief flurry of activity around school run time,its got to be the quietest area in Glasgow.

Unless you are intimidated by 18 year olds driving round in their dads S Class Mercedes listening to Jay Z.
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby viceroy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:04 pm

floweredpig wrote:

Have you been to Pollokshields in the last ten years?

Nothing happens apart from a brief flurry of activity around school run time,its got to be the quietest area in Glasgow.

Unless you are intimidated by 18 year olds driving round in their dads S Class Mercedes listening to Jay Z.

Likewise I have walked through Pollokshields on countless occasions over the years and never felt the slightest bit apprehensive, nor have I ever seen any reason why I should be.

I did – and this is true – have a peculiar experience some years ago, when two prepubescent Asian boys stopped me in Keir St. one Sunday afternoon and asked me if I was Jewish! They seemed disappointed somehow when I told them I wasn't. I was too taken aback by the unexpectedness of the question to ask them why on earth they would want to ask me something like that and we went our respective ways without me being enlightened on that point. To this day I often think I should have called their bluff and given them a reply in the affirmative.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby edward carolan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:09 pm

Hear, hear/
edward carolan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby edward carolan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:17 pm

My agreement was was with post prior to the one above. Getting all your information from the "Daily Wretched" is probably not a great idea, try walking around and making your own mind up, not pre-formed ideas from others especially those with an axe to grind.
edward carolan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby pingu » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:11 am

viceroy wrote:To this day I often think I should have called their bluff and given them a reply in the affirmative.

i fear i would have went all pete tong if you did, they more than likely would have rag dolled you about the street.
toot toot
pingu
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:11 am

pingu wrote:
i fear i would have went all pete tong if you did, they more than likely would have rag dolled you about the street.

Explanation required.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:32 am

Funny how you only get a perspective of a place once you've been away from it for a while.

Before I moved up north 6 years ago to a quiet wee village in rural Perthshire, and recalling my first 29 years growing up in Shettleston, I look back in horror the amount of times I walked from the railway station to my house in Sandyhills at night, sometimes late at night, blissfully unawares of all the youth gangs (the Shettleston Tigers were a pretty notorious lot...) that could have easily chibbed me, walking past the dodgy pubs where "deals" were surely going on, the Town Tavern, the Cottage Bar etc. not to mention the infamous Sheiling Bar up at the top end where there have been two shootings in my lifetime.

I am lucky to still be around!!
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby norman mcnamee » Wed May 08, 2013 10:57 pm

I have in the past 10 years or so, wandered all over Glasgow taking photos of the Victorian Tenements, I have never had any bother
I was wary right enough in some areas, Possil , kept close to my car, took the shots and moved on, Shettleston and Tollcross, I had company but we had no trouble
I have been asked why I am taking photos, my explaination satisfied them
Pollokshields was quiet but this was long before the troubles that have occurred in the last few years.

Dennieston, I was asked by an ethnic, why I was taking photos of his street, my first impulse was to tell him to get lost but I explained why, not sure if he beleived me but who cares, I had the shots

I have finished all the districts and perhaps some of them I would not like to return on my own, Govanhill being one of them
Gorbals was never a problem as I worked there for 12 years and was known to some of the young team

Best to be wary where ever you go , its not the first time I have seen youths and have rerturned another day
Bye for now, Norrie
norman mcnamee
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Glesga_Steve » Wed May 08, 2013 11:33 pm

RapidAssistant wrote:Funny how you only get a perspective of a place once you've been away from it for a while.

Before I moved up north 6 years ago to a quiet wee village in rural Perthshire, and recalling my first 29 years growing up in Shettleston, I look back in horror the amount of times I walked from the railway station to my house in Sandyhills at night, sometimes late at night, blissfully unawares of all the youth gangs (the Shettleston Tigers were a pretty notorious lot...) that could have easily chibbed me, walking past the dodgy pubs where "deals" were surely going on, the Town Tavern, the Cottage Bar etc. not to mention the infamous Sheiling Bar up at the top end where there have been two shootings in my lifetime.

I am lucky to still be around!!

I lived in a wee development behind the Sheiling for a few years in in my early/mid 20s and I can recall at least two stabbings, one of which proved fatal, during my time there - I'm fairly sure there was a (non-fatal) shooting as well. Despite that, I never felt at risk of being threatened or assaulted by the group of lads who used to hang around that area. My opinion has always been that if you're not looking for trouble it will rarely, if ever, find you.
Glesga_Steve
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Thu May 09, 2013 7:43 am

Dennieston, I was asked by an ethnic,

What does an ethnic Dennistonian look like and more to the point sound like. Did you have a translator or do you speak more than one language yourself? Is that his/her spelling of Dennistoun you're using?

I always find it's helpful to do some research on an area before visiting and to respect local customs when you get there particularly when speaking to its natives. In Dennistoun they are particularly proud of their links to the UK and I gather fly the Union flag at any opportunity.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)