WiFi locations in Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: WiFi locations in Glasgow

Postby John » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Free for the first six months then only 30 minutes per day before charges kick in.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:37 am

Well, I can now confirm that there's free wi-fi on trains running from Gourock to Glasgow.

However, it's so bloody slow that by the time you've got a signal and actually logged on, the train's pulling into Glasgow Central. :roll:

So, not much point really.
Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:48 am

The Creeping Spleen wrote:Well, I can now confirm that there's free wi-fi on trains running from Gourock to Glasgow.

However, it's so bloody slow that by the time you've got a signal and actually logged on, the train's pulling into Glasgow Central. :roll:

Sounds about right that one. The other thing that irritates me are the free hot-spots that make you fill in a ruddy online form before it lets you on; by the time you've done it and jumped through all the hoops to get online it's time to move elsewhere. Or it doesn't work.....
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:58 am

RapidAssistant wrote:Sounds about right that one. The other thing that irritates me are the free hot-spots that make you fill in a ruddy online form before it lets you on; by the time you've done it and jumped through all the hoops to get online it's time to move elsewhere. Or it doesn't work.....

Yeah, like free hotspot at the GSC IMAX.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby pingu » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:04 am

RapidAssistant wrote:
The Creeping Spleen wrote:Well, I can now confirm that there's free wi-fi on trains running from Gourock to Glasgow.

Sounds about right that one. The other thing that irritates me are the free hot-spots that make you fill in a ruddy online form before it lets you on; by the time you've done it and jumped through all the hoops to get online it's time to move elsewhere. Or it doesn't work.....

legally any free wifi provider has to ask you for your details in case you get up to no good while using it.

agree it is a pain in the bahooky though, then all the junk mail arrives too
toot toot
pingu
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:59 am

pingu wrote:
RapidAssistant wrote:

legally any free wifi provider has to ask you for your details in case you get up to no good while using it.

Which is a mockery because anyone can set up a bogus Hotmail or Gmail account with false credentials purely for the purposes of having to subscribe to wifi (or any website that requires you to register, for that matter) so you don't have to get bombarded with spam afterwards...
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:44 am

Dunno if anyone's mentioned this before, but you can get three hours of free wifi at Glasgow Airport. After the three hours you can either start paying for it, or wait ten hours until you're eligible for another three free hours.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pit » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:05 am

The Creeping Spleen wrote:Dunno if anyone's mentioned this before, but you can get three hours of free wifi at Glasgow Airport. After the three hours you can either start paying for it, or wait ten hours until you're eligible for another three free hours.

Now i know! Thanks mate! Next time i will make sure to arrive at the Airport earlier :mrgreen:
Pit
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)