free parking

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

free parking

Postby stevienoo01 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:00 pm

i know this is a longshot will be in glasgow city centre aprox 17 aug till 29 ish as a extra for the world war z film will need parking for my car 6am to 7pm any free spots near george sq
stevienoo01
First Stripe
First Stripe

Re: free parking

Postby The Egg Man » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:07 pm

13 hours a day for 12 days? Park in Partick and invest some of your wages on bus fares.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby stevienoo01 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:27 pm

thanks for the reply but we dont get paid till 6 weeks after the film finishes shooting ::):
stevienoo01
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:38 pm

stevienoo01 wrote:thanks for the reply but we dont get paid till 6 weeks after the film finishes shooting ::):

Well, as they say, you have to speculate to accumulate. Couldn't you get a Crisis Loan from the buroo?
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:31 pm

stevienoo01 wrote:i know this is a longshot will be in glasgow city centre aprox 17 aug till 29 ish as a extra for the world war z film will need parking for my car 6am to 7pm any free spots near george sq

There are no free spots near George Square unless you're shagging a councillor. http://www.spt.co.uk/subway/park_and_ride.aspxPark%20and%20Rides

Or set your sat nav for Burrells lane.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby stevienoo01 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:29 am

The Egg Man wrote:
stevienoo01 wrote:thanks for the reply but we dont get paid till 6 weeks after the film finishes shooting ::):

Well, as they say, you have to speculate to accumulate. Couldn't you get a Crisis Loan from the buroo?

well i'm self employed havent been on the buroo for ages try my best to keep of that crap had enough of it in the past ok i will spread the net a bit anywhere within sensible walking distance of the sq
stevienoo01
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby groovyclown » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:12 am

Florence Street of there abouts in the Gorbals - 5-10min walk.
:D
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&xhr ... a=N&tab=wl
groovyclown
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby RDR » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:02 pm

As someone who has to go in and out the City centre, regularly by car there isn't anywhere free.
The bit in Florence street being refered to is a patch of waste ground behind the Health Centre and it rarely has any gaps.
If you go up Garscube Road a bit, you might find some free parking in the side streets off that. Good 15 minute walk back into George Sq, though.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby stevienoo01 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:19 pm

RDR wrote:As someone who has to go in and out the City centre, regularly by car there isn't anywhere free.
The bit in Florence street being refered to is a patch of waste ground behind the Health Centre and it rarely has any gaps.
If you go up Garscube Road a bit, you might find some free parking in the side streets off that. Good 15 minute walk back into George Sq, though.

thanks for the replys thats a big help gives me some options cheers for the pointers :D :D
stevienoo01
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby gap74 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:02 pm

Before I sold my car, I would occasionally park up Garscube Rd, more like a solid 20 min walk to George Sq. from there though - it's a controlled zone until you reach the flats.

University Gardens is the only free road I can think of now, should easily get a space there at 6am, but that's more like half an hour's stroll from George Sq - could jump on the underground at Hillhead and get to Buchanan St, but that'll still cost £2.40 or whatever a return on it is these days.

Cheapest car park near to the city centre is probably the one under the Dundasvale flats - it's 60p an hour from 8am till 6pm, £1.50 overnight from 6pm till 8am. Parking on the street around that part of town is only 50p an hour too, but has a 4 hour limit.

Glad I got shot of the ruddy thing....
gap74
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BTJustice » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:26 pm

A few years ago I drove over to Edinburgh for a 4 day weekend. Parked in a multi and when I went back for the car said I had lost the ticket.

The penalty for loosing the ticket was having to pay a full day but that was much cheaper than paying for 4 days parking :mrgreen: .

No idea if it would work now with cameras on the entrances.

Dave
My all new film location website is here;
www.rewoundandfound.com

Check oot ma flickr page;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/route9autos/

For handmade jewellery, go to:
http://www.weegemjo.co.uk
BTJustice
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby gap74 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:26 pm

I think most of the council car parks use number plate recognition cameras when you've lost your ticket now - being a clumsy beggar, I've put this to the test a few times in the last year or two...!
gap74
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scaryman2u » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:09 pm

Plenty of free parking around Barrack St / Hunter St next to Tennent`s Wellpark Brewery a short walk to George Sq 10-15 mins.
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby gap74 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:19 pm

What about the large patches of spare ground at the Barras - one bounded by London Rd, Greendyke St and Charlotte St, the other between London Rd and Monteith Row? Are they still used as a free car park?
gap74
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scaryman2u » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:04 pm

gap74 wrote:What about the large patches of spare ground at the Barras - one bounded by London Rd, Greendyke St and Charlotte St, the other between London Rd and Monteith Row? Are they still used as a free car park?

Much the same as Hunter St / Barrack St areas, read the signs on street furniture advising on parking, but most of the Barras area is free parking.
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)