Jacobean Corsetry

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Jacobean Corsetry

Postby delirium » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:57 pm

Not sure if this is the right place to ask :/ but does anyone have any info or pics or could anyone point me in the general direction of any info or pics on the old Jacobean Corsetry business in Virginia Street? I've hunted, and hunted and apart from some articles on it closing down and many, many pictures of the sign I'm pretty much stuck.

I make corsets, and I'm embarking on a body of work which relates to the city. I'd love to pay some homage to such a familiar landmark but to do so I need more info on the company behind it and what their products were actually like (it's a broader field than you might think). Anyway, any help at all would be appreciated.
delirium
First Stripe
First Stripe

Re: Jacobean Corsetry

Postby dazza » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Have you tried to locate William Brown, or his relatives, who ran the business? I think only they would have and the type of paraphernalia you're looking for.
dazza
-
-

Re: Jacobean Corsetry

Postby delirium » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks for the links Robert. What a treasure trove you have there.

Yeah dazzababes, you're probably right. I wouldn't know where to start though given it's 11 years since they shut and it's not exactly an uncommon name. I'll do some more looking about. There aren't even many older underwear shops left that might've dealt with them. The only one I can think of is off Dumbarton Road.
delirium
First Stripe
First Stripe

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)