Hitler's deputy crashed in Scotland

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Hitler's deputy crashed in Scotland

Postby bigstevie » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:42 am

a wee story in the newspaper today..................

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -life.html
bigstevie
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Kemac16 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:57 pm

Not sure if this is anywhere else on the forum (I couldn't find anything). Does anyone know anything about a Nazi sympathiser named Professor Berthold Rubin who supposedly dropped thousands of leaflets over Glasgow from a light plane in May 1968 calling for the release of Rudolf Hess from Spandau? I was wondering if there were any copies of the leaflet anywhere? He had also parachuted out over Eaglesham to recreate the parachute jump that Hess had made. On landing he was arrested and taken to Giffnock but released with the pilot of the plane.
Kemac16
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Thalia » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:41 pm

Kemac16 wrote:Not sure if this is anywhere else on the forum (I couldn't find anything). Does anyone know anything about a Nazi sympathiser named Professor Berthold Rubin who supposedly dropped thousands of leaflets over Glasgow from a light plane in May 1968 calling for the release of Rudolf Hess from Spandau? I was wondering if there were any copies of the leaflet anywhere? He had also parachuted out over Eaglesham to recreate the parachute jump that Hess had made. On landing he was arrested and taken to Giffnock but released with the pilot of the plane.

I studied history but I'm not sure if you mean this one "The Karlsbad Program". You can check the link here: https://www.wintersonnenwende.com/scrip ... sgi03.html
Thalia
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Strelets_410 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:59 am

I don't know, but that site looks Nazi-friendly as hell.. The vibe I've gotten from reading the article was very "poor Germans did nothing wront, they were bullied by the other cruel countries into genociding tens of millions of people, it wasn't our fault, we were just goaded into it".
Strelets_410
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby peasy23 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:52 pm

Completely off topic, but I used to be a shop steward and in the middle of one dispute another manager was brought in from another department to try and mediate.

Manager: "I've been parachuted in here to try and find a compromise solution"

My colleague: "Who do you think you are, Rudolf f***ing Hess?"
peasy23
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Kemac16 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:58 pm

Thalia - Thx I don't think that is the one but this Professor was a Nazi sympathiser. His parachute escapade was in the papers at the time.
Kemac16
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby john harris » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:53 pm

Good evening. The Hess affair has been well discussed previously, but questions remain:

1) We know where Hess went, but where was he intending to go?
2) Was the Dungavel airstrip of sufficient length for a MeBf110?
3) Were there landing lights?
4) Have any stories ever surfaced from Dungavel House itself? By contrast to the story of the Mcleans and the Eaglesham pitchfork etc, little has surfaced to my knowledge of the events that night (if any) at Dungavel. In 2002 a book called Double Standards, placed the Duke of Kent at Dungavel, waiting for Hess, but has there been any further local information surface?
5) Why would Hess target Dungavel if the Duke was not present?

I have written a number of books on the subject and am yet to be convinced that Hess was intending to land at Dungavel. He was clearly lost and virtually flew over Dungavel. Why did he continue to the coast at West Kilbride?
john harris
Just settling in
Just settling in

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)