Hitler's deputy crashed in Scotland

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Hitlers deputy in scotland

Postby hazy » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:25 pm

They used a stunt double at Spandau prison and the real Hess ended up teaching me at Waverley school in Drumchapel. Gave me six of the belt cause I reckon St Etienne should have beat Bayern Munich in the 1976 European cup final.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby radar » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:28 am

HH wrote:
Why though, after all those years, would sudden death be necessary? Was he up for parole and therefore available to the worlds press? If the purpose of a prison sentence is to remove a person from society in the hope that a process of rehabilitation has time to take place, was Hess then not badly let down by the system that incarcerated him?

I believe that Hess would have been released from Spandau if it had not been for the Russians. Spandau was in West Berlin (British Sector iirc) and each of the occupying forces in Berlin took turns to guard Hess in the prison. For him to have been released it required each of the occupying forces to agree. I have heard that the Russians never agreed and that the reason they would not agree was that as the last prisoner in Spandau, they would have lost their right to enter West Berlin.

There have been many suggestions put forward that the person in Spandau was not really Hess at all. Whoever he was (and I believe he was Rudolf Hess), as soon as that person died, Spandau was demolished to prevent it becoming a shrine to Nazi ideals.
radar
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby salty dog » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:32 am

I suppose another good reason for demolishing the prison , extreme to say the least...would be to prevent any future forensics investigation proving it wasnt Hess after all ?
salty dog
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby ghiribizzo » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:32 pm

Throwing a spanner into the forum, I recall from working in Maryhill/Ruchill/Possil etc. - that once 'Hess' was captured, he was taken to Maryhill Barracks and 'allegedly' fed at one point with fish and chips from Jaconelli's at Queens Cross.
Now, allegedly, Hess was vegetarian but a lot of veggies will also eat fish, just not 'captive' meat. I dealt with Mario and family in business, but it's not the kinda thing you ask about out the blue, eh?
Anyone else heard this?
ghiribizzo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:58 am

A few years ago I asked My Gran who lived in a village near Busby where Hess's plane came down and asked her what actually happened at that time.

She spoke of the sudden influx of army trucks full of soldiers/ policemen decending on the area without warning and ordered everybody indoors until told otherwise by officials.

She said 'the name "Hess" was all over the place soon after the crash up the road' that place being a field near Eaglesham.

This apparently lasted for several days when movement restrictions were lifted and locals within the vicinity were warned not to discuss any rumours they may have heard.

A post office in or near Busby was the scene of high security and heavily guarded from the outset of the commotion.

On a side note I'd like to read the CO's logbooks (if there is such a thing?) from the Heavy AA sites at both Carnboooth near Castlemilk and Limekilnburn near Strathaven which Hess would have flown over.
According to my Gran the guns were silent that evening but the plane wasn't!!?
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby salty dog » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:25 am

An excellent point Pgcc33 ... the guns were silent , a german fighter overhead and nobody took a shot ? On who's orders ...to state the obvious question , somebody gave the order not to shoot it down..documented fact.Apparantly Hess had hoped to land on the Duke of Hamiltons estate for talks ..bad luck ol'boy , wrong stately home ..he was not a pilot and most historians acknowledge its a miracle he got as far as he did.
salty dog
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Socceroo » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:03 am

Soldiers posing with Hess's Bf 110 plane in the field at Eaglesham.
Socceroo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Azrael » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:28 pm

[picky bastard] RAF, so they aren't soldiers. [/picky bastard]
Azrael
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Socceroo » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:57 pm

I can see that, but who am i to question the mighty Scran who call them sodjers. :)
Socceroo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:28 pm

Take a phoaty and there is always wan wee eejit dancing at the back :D
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jim » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:07 pm

Hess got lost. He was on his way to Rosslyn Chapel to nick the Holy Grail. Heard he was held, not in the Post Office but in the Masonic Halls in Eaglesham... And lets not get started on the Duke of Hamilton.
a pair of stout boots, a stick, and away...
jim
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby jim » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:29 pm

Check this if you don't believe me:

http://freemasonrywatch.org/P2.html#L20

Of course there are also rumours abounding in the 'esoteric community' as to the 'real' site and nature of the Grail. Look closely at a detailed map of Eaglesham for some pointers...

Those bloody Bavarian Illuminati!
jim
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Alycidon » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:08 pm

I can state quite categorically that Rudolf Hess was never in the Masonic Hall in Eagleasham.

..........draw from that your own conclusions 8)
Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jim » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:26 pm

There is nothing simple about this one.

The Earl of Eglinton (Alexander Montgomery) was, like the Duke of Hamilton, a 33 degree Mason and a member of the Golden Dawn. Its interesting how Hess 'got lost' enough to land at Floors farm, just across the road from Eaglesham House (or Polnoon Lodge)...abode of Montgomery. Whatever Hess was up to he was certainly moving in occult circles before and during the war, I think it was pretty much de rigeur at the time if you were rich and right wing (still true of course).

Oh and Eaglesham Old & Carswell Parish church (formerly Eaglesham Kirk, situated on Montgomery St naturally) used to be octagonal. Someone perhaps thought that was a bit obvious and likely to attract undue attention. Whoops too late! Anybody fancy an HG trip in search of the Holy Grail? (or the 'Beast with two (male) backs', the Grail being regarded in some quarters as the fundamental void at the centre of all things or, in common parlance, the arsehole. Its all Crowley's fault of course. Try googling 'sodomy' then 'occult'. Brilliant.)
jim
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:36 pm

jim wrote:.............. Try googling 'sodomy' then 'occult'. Brilliant.)

What do you mean try? ::):

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)