The Fall Of The House Of Purcell. Do not Go OFF TOPIC

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: The Fall Of The House Of Purcell.

Postby Autolycus » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:08 am

hazy wrote:Like the majority of politicians the guy has fucked up , infact we all fuck up at one point in our lives. Unfortunatley for Mr Purcell its with media hype he has fucked up. We do not have the truth about the guy and at this point I still give him the benifit of the doubt. He seemed to work very hard for Glasgow but I only see and hear the politcian so I cannot make any personnal judgement on him. But i hope he does get better and get back to work.
To many people listening to half truths and demanding the guy get the bump.

A lot of people fuck up far more than once.

There seems to be an implication that we're entitled to know all the ins and outs of Purcell's health problems. Are we? 'Cos he's a public figure? 'Cos some folk don't like him because of his politics and/ or his sexuality?

Are we entitled to know about anyone's health other than our own?
Autolycus
Autolycus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dave » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:04 am

hazy wrote:
Dave wrote:Where's onnyirtodd?

AKA Autolycus. Get with it Dave. 8O

Not convinced.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby moonbeam » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:20 am

What surprises me is the reaction of the local Glasgow press/media. The Evening Times/ Herald/ Record are saying very little. You have to buy the Scotsman and last night BBC2 Newsnight to get information.
moonbeam
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:37 am

moonbeam wrote:What surprises me is the reaction of the local Glasgow press/media. The Evening Times/ Herald/ Record are saying very little. You have to buy the Scotsman and last night BBC2 Newsnight to get information.

When there is a ball of shit about to explode do you want to be the one holding it. The media are steering clear because they know full well they can sway public opinion and if they sway it the wrong way........litigation
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Autolycus » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:51 am

moonbeam wrote:What surprises me is the reaction of the local Glasgow press/media. The Evening Times/ Herald/ Record are saying very little. You have to buy the Scotsman and last night BBC2 Newsnight to get information.

It isn't information - it's speculation.
Autolycus
Autolycus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby moonbeam » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:49 pm

Look how the "press" treat footballers and so called "celebrities". I think the local press are treating this matter with great concern and care because Purcell has been an outstanding Glasgow figurhead. But what seems odd is the "east coast" press. They seem to be running on speculation. Perhaps they hope to sell more copies in the "west"?
I find the city council so called pr "draft" response about the city leader very strange.
moonbeam
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:57 pm

moonbeam wrote:Perhaps they hope to sell more copies

Of course the press are well known for their accurate non biased representation of facts, the idea that they have papers to sell is really a secondary consideration.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby munroman » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:26 pm

Apparently he has now resigned as a councillor, the mystery deepens, a very short 'rehab', conflicting stories, heavy team of lawyers, Media House involved, nothing to see here then! :cry:
munroman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby + 1 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:38 pm

In my opinion this is more looking like a celebrity bombardenment,,, If he was going to resign he should have just done it and left it like that. Why are we all so fascinated in what he does in his private life, focus on his position! Agree or disagree with his policies but he is still a person.
+ 1
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:46 pm

heard today, again a rumour, that apparantly the News of the world have something on him, and its coming out this week. Im not relaying the story i heard today, as it could just be more tosh.
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Tick, tock Image
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:08 pm

DickyHart wrote:heard today, again a rumour, that apparantly the News of the world have something on him, and its coming out this week. Im not relaying the story i heard today, as it could just be more tosh.

Yes, yes. Come on, out with it.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:19 pm

The evening times will never say a bad thing, they are the bitches of GCC
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Riotgrrl » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Why all the cloak and dagger stuff?

Is it not more or less established now (albeit 'on the street' rather than in print) that he was a cokehead who got caught?

Does there need to be any more to it than that.

(NOTE: Should Mr Purcell's lawyers be reading this, can I state unequivocally that these rumours have no basis in fact and I am not promoting them in any way, merely telling fellow (and fellowette) posters what the malicious and slanderous rumours about Mr Purcell are.)
International general interest photoboard: http://photofit.proboards.com/index.cgi?
Riotgrrl
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:53 pm

We await the weekend papers.

Well, makes a change from Cheryl "public toilet" Cole, Jordan and Andre, etc etc.

Purcell and advisors have made a complete cod of this. But we'll never get the full story.

Digressing, I see Scotland on Sunday have got a feebie - book on old Glasgow pictures. Might be worth a look.
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)