The Fall Of The House Of Purcell. Do not Go OFF TOPIC

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: The Fall Of The House Of Purcell.

Postby moonbeam » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Which is the best newspaper story on this sad affair? The "east coast" press ie Scotland on Sunday I think has a well written piece. Labour must have a damage limitation excercise. Really sad because he did do a lot for Glasgow. Saw a women on a TV interview who probably never voted in his life saying "He didnae do nothing". What happens in 2014, Schools/Education etc. all mostly his legacy.
moonbeam
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mack4 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:57 pm

I would like to know where the money has come from to support the lifestyle he's been leading.Partying with friends in Florida,PR companies,legal costs,who knows what else,£60k a year won't fund that.Maybe Glasgow's taxpayers should be putting councillors and leaders incomes under the microscope.That might be why the wagons were drawn in a circle when the news of this started to break.The last MPs expenses scandal,and the present SPT fiasco should be enough to make us all suspicious of the City Chambers "club members",who graft on our behalf.
mack
mack
mack4
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Josef » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:31 pm

I'd imagine that, for a single bloke living in Yoker, 60k might just be sufficient to fund the odd luxury.

As for the expense of the past week or two, it sounds like there are already one or two papers on the track of that, so we'll soon find out, I daresay.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hazy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:14 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:Out of the online newspaper editions The Herald provides the best coverage.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/purcell-the-end-of-the-line-1.1011630

Over in The NOTW Sandra White MSP combines with The Taxpaers Alliance to ask who paid for Jack Irvine and the legl advice. You cna search for that yourselves

Dex while I would not read the NOTW I dont think it is to much to ask " Who is paying for this " . Instead of trying to involve other parties and trying to offset the question I think all his labour friends should hang there heads in shame and ask themsleves where they where when the guy needed help as some of the party in Glasgow already seem to be distancing themselves from him. I am not politically motivated to condem the guy and am still hoping he can make a recovery but his PR team also seem to be making a complete arse of it .
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Autolycus » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:49 pm

hazy wrote:
Dexter St. Clair wrote:Out of the online newspaper editions The Herald provides the best coverage.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/purcell-the-end-of-the-line-1.1011630

Over in The NOTW Sandra White MSP combines with The Taxpaers Alliance to ask who paid for Jack Irvine and the legl advice. You cna search for that yourselves

Dex while I would not read the NOTW I dont think it is to much to ask " Who is paying for this " . ........... .

I suppose it's possible Levy & McRae and Media House took the view that the attendant 'free' publicity outvalued any fee that might have been extracted from Steven Purcell. I don't suppose they ever expected events to take the turn(s) they have.
Autolycus
Autolycus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby hazy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Levy & McRae and Media House have obviously failed . The point is the poor guy had a severe problem . The guy is and was shunned by those nearest him and he had to get external help from people who by all accounts did not weigh up the whole gravity of Mr Purcells needs.
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Autolycus » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:16 pm

hazy wrote:Levy & McRae and Media House have obviously failed . The point is the poor guy had a severe problem . The guy is and was shunned by those nearest him and he had to get external help from people who by all accounts did not weigh up the whole gravity of Mr Purcells needs.

Not if their motivation was publicity.

The City Chambers 'machine seemed will to act for Purcell but he clearly felt his interests could be better represented elsewhere. As someone (perhaps yourself Hazy) pointed out earlier, he fucked up.

We can either take the schadenfreude route or the support route. There seems to be quite a bit of rather tasteless schadenfreude around here.
Autolycus
Autolycus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby hazy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Glad your paying attention Autolycus .As I previuosley stated we all fuck up . Fortunatley I was not stabbed in the back by so called friends. Was he advised by the party to seek a PR company or did he take it upon himself to do it. Surley he must have some friends within his circle that could have saved him all the crap that is being splatterd all over the press .
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:20 pm

I've made this a Sticky - Hes fucked off to Australia hoping we forget in time :D . Aye Right.
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby moonbeam » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Did he shop his "dealer"? Is there more to come out in this story? Will I have to buy the "Digger" in a wee newsagents
in Saracen Street to find out more. I suspect the Glasgow press will do a damage limitation job. If he had let the council PR people handle it it would probably have been over by now. The Scotsman / BBC smelt a rat when he employed those "high powered media" people. Bad decision.
moonbeam
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:51 pm

Fossil wrote:I've made this a Sticky - He's fucked off to Australia hoping we forget in time :D . Aye Right.

It's been on or near the top of the page anyway. What's the point?
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:23 pm

Fossil wrote:I've made this a Sticky

Forget this shit and post up some photographs, ya miserable bugger, we all know you have hunners secreted away.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Autolycus » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:27 am

hazy wrote:Glad your paying attention Autolycus .As I previuosley stated we all fuck up . Fortunatley I was not stabbed in the back by so called friends. Was he advised by the party to seek a PR company or did he take it upon himself to do it. Surley he must have some friends within his circle that could have saved him all the crap that is being splatterd all over the press .

Was he stabbed in the back by anyone? From which tabloid did you get your information (or is yet more wholly uninformed speculation)?

Does it matter whose crap idea using Levy & MaCrae and Media House was?

If Purcell had resorted to someone from within his circle of friends he'd have been accused of using the Party's old boy network.
Autolycus
Autolycus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Autolycus » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:27 am

hazy wrote:Glad your paying attention Autolycus .As I previuosley stated we all fuck up . Fortunatley I was not stabbed in the back by so called friends. Was he advised by the party to seek a PR company or did he take it upon himself to do it. Surley he must have some friends within his circle that could have saved him all the crap that is being splatterd all over the press .

Was he stabbed in the back by anyone? From which tabloid did you get your information (or is yet more wholly uninformed speculation)?

Does it matter whose crap idea using Levy & MaCrae and Media House was?

If Purcell had resorted to someone from within his circle of friends he'd have been accused of using the Party's old boy network.
Autolycus
Autolycus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby hazy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:36 am

Have your fingers got a stutter Autolycus
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext