Greggs, the city boaker.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: gregs

Postby onyirtodd » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:29 pm

hazy wrote:I know what you mean but Ive learned that if you nuke them in the micro wave for 30 secs this allows the chocolate to melt thru the muff and makes them nice and moist.

Is putting your muff in a microwave a new form of treatment for STDs?
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: gregs

Postby hazy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:16 pm

onyirtodd wrote:
hazy wrote:I know what you mean but Ive learned that if you nuke them in the micro wave for 30 secs this allows the chocolate to melt thru the muff and makes them nice and moist.

Is putting your muff in a microwave a new form of treatment for STDs?

It certainley makes it easier to swallow.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby JayKay » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:07 pm

Surprised no-one's mentioned this so far - Greggs the musical: Seven bridies for seven brothers
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Found a new baker for my cake addictions

Postby scallopboy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:01 pm

allyharp wrote:
hazy wrote:
scallopboy wrote:It's called Steve's in Greenock on Cumberland Road. Smashing home-made tablet and fanyummytastic chocolate brownies.

Hey big boy ever tasted the humungus giant chocolate chip muffins out of Costco in Springburn. Swear to God they are better than Kissing. Or what about the deliciuosly delectable £6.00 chocolate fudge cake,better than a wet dream. Kid you not, then there is there Danish pastrys . My lips are dribbling as I speak.

Actually I'm not so keen on the chocolate muffins in Costco - I'm much more partial to a Tesco one. Costco gets the vote for size, no contest, but the chocolate chips just taste wrong. Sort of, dry perhaps. I can't quite describe it.

Anything tastes great once you've added some Queen's Park cafe ice cream to it. Well, except and old pair of smell socks perhaps.
scallopboy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

TEN IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby JoeyCape » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:03 am

The best bit about Greggs is paying with a ten pound note and hearing the delightful cry of "TEN IN!!!!!" as your money is placed in the till. It makes me feel all rich and fancy.[/b]
JoeyCape
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby scallopboy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:12 am

I'm guessing you go to Greggs for the banter as well as the steak bakes then?
scallopboy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby YokerBloke » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:01 pm

My Kitten wrote:
Bonz wrote:....Does anybody remember Vics Bakeries? The shops were always ultra basic, but they used to do massive doughnuts dirt cheap......

I wonder if any of them are still on the go....

I think there's one at Finnieston?

http://www.ilike.org.uk/photos/bakeries/vics.html
That would be the one on St. Vincent St. opposite the flats iirc.
YokerBloke
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: TEN IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby engineer » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:47 pm

JoeyCape wrote:The best bit about Greggs is paying with a ten pound note and hearing the delightful cry of "TEN IN!!!!!" as your money is placed in the till. It makes me feel all rich and fancy.[/b]

to paraphrase peter kay its not too good when thay say that and the shop is full of neds, calculating that you have at least £8.73 in change on you, and you end up lying on the pavement covered in puff pastry and tomato soup :)
engineer
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mooshimooshisan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:17 pm

I have just been in greggs maryhill (shopping centre) and was disappointed with the lack of ten in banter.

However, the young lady behind the counter made up for it by tipping a cup of tomato soup all over the man in front of me!
mooshimooshisan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby allyharp » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:16 pm

I was at Greggs today too and was also disappointed. To add to that I then met a friend who was also disappointed with her Greggs. What's going on? I had a Tuna and Mayo sandwich which really does need to be renamed to Tuna in Mayo. Then the follow up Yum Yum just had far too much icing. :?
allyharp
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mooshimooshisan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:22 pm

I would kill for a yum yum right now.

I can report that greggs maryhill had run out of tuna crunch and that the sultana cakes have "no come back in yit".
mooshimooshisan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Bex Bissell » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:31 pm

What with all the chat about Greggs etc.. I'm surprised that no one has not mentioned Henry Healy's thus far!
Ye dinae get a roll n hasslet at thon poncy Greggs, with all their "Cajun Chicken" guff, wheres the hasslet?

btw...If your looking for some "Ten In" action then the lassies in Healys on Dundas Street always shout "TEN IN", never fails.
Gie the lassies a laugh by shouting Ten Out prior to the Ten In getting aired.
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ally Doll » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:37 pm

mooshimooshisan wrote:I can report that greggs maryhill had run out of tuna crunch

I'm intrigued... what makes the tuna crunch? At school it was usually onions or cafe wummin's fingernails.... 8O
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mooshimooshisan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:40 pm

not sure, but it seems to be v popular amongst the hungry workers/dole scroungers/junkies of maryhill.. the 5 people in front of me all asked for it.

puts me in mind of the special stuff from league o gentlemen...
mooshimooshisan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:13 pm

mooshimooshisan wrote:I have just been in greggs maryhill (shopping centre) and was disappointed with the lack of ten in banter.

However, the young lady behind the counter made up for it by tipping a cup of tomato soup all over the man in front of me!

Ha ha ha. Aye, I've said it before and I'll say it again, ye canny whack a right good scalding.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)