Where was I on 10th August 2007

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby dave2 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:54 pm

AIUI The council must get permission from the owners of the building's which have been grafitti'd to clean the walls. Some companies refuse, thinking this means that the council want them to pay for I. Thus if permission is refused, the council cannot clean the wall. However sending these pictures to the owners of the buildings (or businesses within) might get some action I don't mean the local manager, but Chairman / Chief Executive. Lots of references to 'corporate image' and 'scruffy' and ';threatening environment' tend to do the trick.

Also, now each ward has 3 councilors, presumably they will be outdoing each other to prove that they are the best, so one letter to each, and see what the results are,....

On a related note, Alex, are councilors in a ward obliged to meet regularly to work together and also to 'divide' up some of the load and campaigns - and I mean meeting across the political divide. Things such as joint surgeries would be useful.
dave2
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:07 pm

dave2 wrote:
On a related note, Alex, are councilors in a ward obliged to meet regularly to work together and also to 'divide' up some of the load and campaigns - and I mean meeting across the political divide. Things such as joint surgeries would be useful.

Hi Dave

It is for each group of Councillors within the multi member wards to decide how they wish to work within the wards. They are not obliged to meet regularly but plans are being prepared for Area Committees so that local issues can be discussed and local people involved in this forum. The size if the area covered is being considered as part of this proposal.

Not everyone will agree to divide up the workload or hold joint surgeries. They many all choose different campaigns to take forward within the ward.

There are some examples of joint working in some areas.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby OLDFART » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:21 am

Councillors agreeing on something......... now thats a new concept ::):
OLDFART
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)