Elections - May 6-2010

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Elections - May 6-2010

Postby Dave » Fri May 21, 2010 11:32 pm

Are the 'cuts' you are experiencing really as a result of 'uncertainty' or are the folk paying your wage jumping on the band wagon? Greater Glasgow NHS are a prime example of this, claiming a cut of 1,200 jobs 'as the cuts kick in'. As I recall (and I may be wrong) the cuts were announced before any official word from Westminister of any party claiming leadership.

I would like to state that I am very sorry for any loss you are suffering, having experienced this first hand I don't think it's a laughing matter. I do hope things improve and both you and your partner can get back to your earning capacity.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sat May 22, 2010 12:34 am

8cats wrote:My partner and I have had our jobs cut to 2-day weeks because of 'uncertainty' about the new government funding our work at all, and a pal has lost hers. I don't feel too safe right now......

2 many cats m8.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sat May 22, 2010 5:52 am

Dave wrote:Are the 'cuts' you are experiencing really as a result of 'uncertainty' or are the folk paying your wage jumping on the band wagon? Greater Glasgow NHS are a prime example of this, claiming a cut of 1,200 jobs 'as the cuts kick in'.

Wherever you're getting that 'quote' at the end from, it's not the article in your link.

"The health authority, Scotland's largest, later said it planned to make the cuts over 18 months without compulsory redundancies, after an investment programme meant it could provide the same standard of care with less staff.

[...]Mr Salmond said NHS spending across Scotland this year was £264m higher, despite a £500m "cut" handed down by the last UK government."

Not that I neccessarily believe a word that NHS GGC says, you understand.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby 8cats » Sat May 22, 2010 7:04 am

Dave wrote:Are the 'cuts' you are experiencing really as a result of 'uncertainty' or are the folk paying your wage jumping on the band wagon? Greater Glasgow NHS are a prime example of this, claiming a cut of 1,200 jobs 'as the cuts kick in'. As I recall (and I may be wrong) the cuts were announced before any official word from Westminister of any party claiming leadership.

I would like to state that I am very sorry for any loss you are suffering, having experienced this first hand I don't think it's a laughing matter. I do hope things improve and both you and your partner can get back to your earning capacity.

Yeah, our work depends directly on the Dept. of Health agreeing to continue funding and they're not doing that, so money is being withheld right away.
8cats
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby 8cats » Sat May 22, 2010 7:05 am

HollowHorn wrote:
8cats wrote:My partner and I have had our jobs cut to 2-day weeks because of 'uncertainty' about the new government funding our work at all, and a pal has lost hers. I don't feel too safe right now......

2 many cats m8.

We'll be sending them out to sweep chimneys soon!
8cats
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Dave » Sat May 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Josef wrote:Wherever you're getting that 'quote' at the end from, it's not the article in your link.

You're right Josef it isn't in the article I posted it was from what I recall from the news headlines of the evening of the announcement, Sally Magnusson if the old grey matter is ticking right. Happy to be corrected.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)