A Seasonal Reminder

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: A Seasonal Reminder

Postby Josef » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:46 am

Blueboy wrote:Some poor kid from my work got mugged for a few quid under the bridge on Argyle street on their way to Jury's Inn last week. As Sgt. Phil in Hill Street Blues used tae say "Let's be careful out there"...

Aye, careful which Sergeant you pick from that programme - as I remember, his predecessor used to say 'Let's do it to them before they do it to us'.

As a puny attempt at balance, can I say that in all my years in Glasgow, despite often being unaccompanied and not dragging baggage/jacket etc to the bar/loo/outside (post-smoking ban) with me, I have never once had anything nicked (with the exception of a cassette tape nicked by a bunch of deaf folk on the 240 bus 8O ).

Course, there's seldom anything worth nicking, but they're not to know that.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:37 pm

thecatsmother wrote:It happened inside Costas, the only place in the station there is no CCTV. It's become a hotspot for robbery as a result. The scumbags know.

And the library wanted to charge me for the books, and a replacement ticket. I'm no needing a new ticket as I'm leaving Glasgow anyway. I'm told the charge will catch up with me if I return to Glasgow (*pictures a SWAT team on the M74).

Please PM me with the details.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:34 pm

Josef wrote: I have never once had anything nicked (with the exception of a cassette tape nicked by a bunch of deaf folk on the 240 bus 8O ).

post of the month ::):
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Speedbird » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:07 pm

Yeah, those deaf gangs are really becoming a menace aren't they??

Thing is, they make up their own special sign language, so that nobody has a clue what they are saying or about to do.

They mercilessly target their unwitting and innocent prey on the buses, and, KAPOW!!

If you see a group of deaf folk, particularly if you have tapes on you, run like hell, seriously!! ::): ::):

I sympathise with you, I mean, it's not even as though they can get a hearing or anything if caught, is it?? <JOKE!>.
I can always rely on this forum to make myself feel about 10 times worse than I did before
Speedbird
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)