Glasgow's Image - is it really time to be Hidden?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Glasgow's Image - is it really time to be Hidden?

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Yesterday's fiasco with George Square 'Designs' and the Leader of the Council not agreeing with the judges left me bewildered then I found out I wasn't the only one. It appears the pundits think this could turn 'political'....

I opened my internet this morning to see that the Leader of GCC had been reported to the Procurator Fiscal...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-21078316

What further astounds me is that all the Glasgow Forums are quiet on this issue, most unlike us!
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Glasgow's Image - is it really time to be Hidden?

Postby InkMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Delmont St Xavier wrote:Yesterday's fiasco with George Square 'Designs' and the Leader of the Council not agreeing with the judges left me bewildered then I found out I wasn't the only one. It appears the pundits think this could turn 'political'....

I opened my internet this morning to see that the Leader of GCC had been reported to the Procurator Fiscal...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-21078316

What further astounds me is that all the Glasgow Forums are quiet on this issue, most unlike us!

Before I make my point I must say that I am not; nor will I ever be a Conservative party voter.

That said were that allegation be made against any Tory on a badger spotting exercise whether they be MP, MSP, MEP, Councillor, Donator to the shits or high profile supporter then the reaction would be different. When scandal on our doorstep is profiled; from questionable sealed bids practise to high profile links to organised crime, we all seem to turn the other cheek and adopt a "well .........that's different" attitude.

Shuggy
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby pingu » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:15 pm

does anyone think that matheson having his willy out in public in December had any bearing on the george square fiasco tho?
toot toot
pingu
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BTJustice » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:22 pm

There is no Linn view that I know of in Cathcart. And by the sounds of it the view should be avoided.
My all new film location website is here;
www.rewoundandfound.com

Check oot ma flickr page;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/route9autos/

For handmade jewellery, go to:
http://www.weegemjo.co.uk
BTJustice
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:30 pm

Should he do the honourable thing and resign or will he be another Tefal politician?
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:37 pm

pingu wrote:does anyone think that matheson having his willy out in public in December had any bearing on the george square fiasco tho?

What did the cops say when you reported what you'd seen?
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:11 pm

Delmont St Xavier wrote:What further astounds me is that all the Glasgow Forums are quiet on this issue, most unlike us!

Man cheats on partner? Big deal.

It's not a political issue. Now if he were a strong opponent of single-sex marriage or a gay-basher, then it would be. In the same way that it would be if a proponent of 'family values' ran off with the secretary. But otherwise.......
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:46 pm

im with josef on this one.seems like his partner will be hurt nobody else.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby InkMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Josef wrote:
Delmont St Xavier wrote:What further astounds me is that all the Glasgow Forums are quiet on this issue, most unlike us!

Man cheats on partner? Big deal.

It's not a political issue. Now if he were a strong opponent of single-sex marriage or a gay-basher, then it would be. In the same way that it would be if a proponent of 'family values' ran off with the secretary. But otherwise.......

That point is true but not all Tories caught with their cock out were proponents of such ideology. The Glasgow monopoly free pass card seems to be issued all to freely. I apologise for being defensive however my issue is not a matter concerning sexuality or party politics.

Shuggy
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby pingu » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:18 pm

The Egg Man wrote:
pingu wrote:does anyone think that matheson having his willy out in public in December had any bearing on the george square fiasco tho?

What did the cops say when you reported what you'd seen?

::): ::):

im sure theyl tell you (under caution) when they catch you :wink:
toot toot
pingu
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:03 pm

All political leaders have enemies, remember John Major's "bastard" rant? It's interesting therefore that an alleged incident which took place on December 12th should be news only today just as Mathieson struggles with the real story - the George Sq. debacle.
Perhaps there is someone in the Labour Party, or someone acting for someone, releasing this in time to add to the Council Leader's woes. If Mathieson goes, then the next Leader can have an easy crowd-pleasing start by dropping the plans and reinstating the trees and grassed areas.
I love a good conspiracy theory.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:12 pm

I have no problem with Mr Matheson having an affair, nor do I have a problem with his sexuality, these are after all private matters and not for the titillation of the citizens of Glasgow.

But what I do have issues with is that he was caught by the Police engaging in an alleged sexual act in a public place, its hardly behaviour befitting of the Office of Council Leader.
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:37 am

yoker brian wrote:I have no problem with Mr Matheson having an affair, nor do I have a problem with his sexuality, these are after all private matters and not for the titillation of the citizens of Glasgow.

But what I do have issues with is that he was caught by the Police engaging in an alleged sexual act in a public place, its hardly behaviour befitting of the Office of Council Leader.

I agree! I don't think his sexuality is an issue or his betrayal of his partner as that's his business but as a the holder of the top office in Glasgow, I personally think a little honour would go a long way.
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:44 am

Delmont St Xavier wrote:
yoker brian wrote:I have no problem with Mr Matheson having an affair, nor do I have a problem with his sexuality, these are after all private matters and not for the titillation of the citizens of Glasgow.

I agree! I don't think his sexuality is an issue or his betrayal of his partner as that's his business but as a the holder of the top office in Glasgow, I personally think a little honour would go a long way.

So, if it's not his sexuality nor his betrayal of his partner, what does his position as Leader of the Council have to do with anything?
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:25 am

'Man likes sex' shock. Wow.

I sometimes think we should be more like the French, and think less of leaders who aren't having affairs.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Next

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)