Hate using buses after 4pm

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby applemaca » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:51 pm

Shame on you Cheesylion & Crusty Bint! You’ve adopted mob tactics and launched another assault on an innocent driver...... ::):
“Let me in old pensioner……for I am a bogus gasman, wi fake ID, n’am here tae ransack yur hoose!”
applemaca
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:12 pm

Don't try and get wide then :wink: ::):
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby glasgowken » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:19 pm

Gentlemen, may I suggest a punch up in a pub car park to settle this ?

And as a self-appointed honorary bus driver, i'll take applemaca's side :wink:
Last edited by glasgowken on Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby applemaca » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:21 pm

Thanks Glasgowken, but can I suggest a well lit car park close to a polis station……I think they two might be “tooled up”!…… :wink: ::):
“Let me in old pensioner……for I am a bogus gasman, wi fake ID, n’am here tae ransack yur hoose!”
applemaca
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:25 pm

Yeah, a whack with those big camera lenses can hurt 8O

Bring a snooker ball in a sock.
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby applemaca » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:29 pm

got me ball in ma sock......how's a person supposed to walk in this state of dress?...... 8O
applemaca
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Sydney Rosewater » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:38 pm

friendliest bus driver in the world drives the 40 , sometimes 62, big curly mullet hairdo.
Sydney Rosewater
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:25 pm

applemaca wrote:Busted! I agree with much that’s been said regarding platform staff, but they are drawn from the general public and not flown in from another planet (which might surprise a few) and as a result what you see when you board a bus is exactly what I see when you board a bus..

So, in your informed opinion, does Edinburgh have a better class of general public with higher standards of etiquette than Glasgow or do they get thiers from another planet?
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby busdriver » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:11 am

crusty_bint wrote:So, in your informed opinion, does Edinburgh have a better class of general public with higher standards of etiquette than Glasgow or do they get thiers from another planet?

Never having driven a bus in Edinburgh I am unable to draw comparisons’ between the two Cities but; For the last ten years while serving the public in Glasgow I can tell you this: I have been spat at, spat on and been abused verbally and physically while driving buses all for no other reason than simply being the focus of unspent frustration by often drunken or misguided individuals who see the driver of the bus as not an individual but as a mere extension of the machine in which they intend to travel, for example the number 75 going to Milton; passenger wants to travel is totally pissed has no money and no intention of paying when he informs me of this and says “ah suppose that means ah need tae walk” and I agree what happens ? I end up in the Royal, for the night suffering a stab wound. Another example; this time on the 57 late one night heading for Darnley, a group of drunks attempting to board start fighting among themselves and I have a curry thrown over me because I try to shut the doors on them. I could go on and on describing numerous instances of passenger abuses but it all boils down to one thing, people have no respect anymore, I put this point to a passenger once while on the 44 I said to her “ when I get respect from you, you will get it from me in turn” her reply? “Why should you get any respect? You’re just a bus driver, public servant” suffice to say that they argument that anyone providing a service to the public deserves respect for doing so went right over her head.

“The Glasgow public would have you hung” is a phrase often heard in conversation among my colleagues, a damming but well deserved indictment, for when your bus driver has a bad day you can bet somebody who boarded before you was the cause.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Pripyat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:35 am

Everyone deserves respect, regardless of their occupation. One day
the camel's back will break and god help those without manners.
"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe
Pripyat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby applemaca » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:39 am

crusty_bint wrote:
applemaca wrote:Busted! I agree with much that’s been said regarding platform staff, but they are drawn from the general public and not flown in from another planet (which might surprise a few) and as a result what you see when you board a bus is exactly what I see when you board a bus..

So, in your informed opinion, does Edinburgh have a better class of general public with higher standards of etiquette than Glasgow or do they get thiers from another planet?

Crusty, in my opinion you couldn’t get a fag paper between 'em!
Last edited by applemaca on Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
applemaca
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:50 am

busdriver wrote:For the last ten years while serving the public in Glasgow I can tell you this: I have been spat at, spat on and been abused verbally and physically while driving buses .

Do you not have DNA kits as standard issue onboard a bus these days? every first Scotrail train has them.
OK might not be as effective and gratifying as a stick with an nail in it but invaluable in upping the ownage on those disgusting dirty scum bass's who think they can get away with anything.
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tedmaul » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:53 am

Sydney Rosewater wrote:friendliest bus driver in the world drives the 40 , sometimes 62, big curly mullet hairdo.

Agreed. He's also unafraid of tackling nefarious characters on either bus. I'm always reassured when he's on the 40 as, otherwise, I avoid all eye contact with the jolly passengers.
Jim Hacker: "Are you saying that winking at corruption is government policy?"
Sir Humphrey: "No, no, Minister. It could never be government policy. That is unthinkable. Only government practice."
tedmaul
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby busdriver » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:14 pm

Pgcc93 wrote:
busdriver wrote:For the last ten years while serving the public in Glasgow I can tell you this: I have been spat at, spat on and been abused verbally and physically while driving buses .

Do you not have DNA kits as standard issue onboard a bus these days? every first Scotrail train has them.
OK might not be as effective and gratifying as a stick with an nail in it but invaluable in upping the ownage on those disgusting dirty scum bass's who think they can get away with anything.

Yes, these have been isssued to "First" drivers since 2004 and have led to at least 5 prosecutions that I am aware of (In my case none at all) as a detterent they are of little value and there has to be a matching DNA profile on record to begin with for it to be of any use. Not every abuser has a criminal record and not every abuser fits the average profile of the wee ned some are actually seen as rather respectable (Office workers and such like) whom you wouldnt imagine doing that kind of thing.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:38 pm

Hey busdriver, just wanted to ask if you know any older Glasgow drivers, who have any old badges, uniform caps, signs, or official booklets to sell, give me a shout please :wink: Cheers :)

Request over, please continue with the thread everyone 8)
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)