KEEP 314202 ORANGE

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Vladimir » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:59 pm

No, national flags are exempt.

::): ::): ::): The European Union is far more important than any of the little nations in Europe. Also, what is being advertised? How did the trains in France get away with it?
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ally Doll » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:03 pm

Vladimir wrote:

::): ::): ::): The European Union is far more important than any of the little nations in Europe. Also, what is being advertised? How did the trains in France get away with it?

Did France maybe get some EU funding for the trains? Do they go across national borders? I'm sure there's a money pot for things like that...

There's a European Railways Agency http://www.era.europa.eu/
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vladimir » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:31 pm

Most likely they do get EU money, Im sure the railways here do as well, Im just sure they just wouldnt ever put an EU flag on anything... The trains do cross borders a lot, makes sense.

The European Railway Agency in Valenciennes/Lille, France,
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:03 pm

Alycidon wrote:

So who was the councillor???

It wisny me! A didny get electricuted til 1999.

I think Charlie Gordon was the Chair of SPT at that time.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sir Roger DeLodgerley » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:42 pm

Vladimir wrote:

It's UK law Vlad (Town and Country Planning Act 1990) and there is probably no equivalent in France hence there is no restriction. The display of flags is controlled by the Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) Regulations 1992. Under Schedule 2 of the Regulations, the national flag of any country, and this includes the Union flag, is exempt from advertisement control provided each flag is flown from a single vertical flagstaff and neither the flag nor the flagstaff display any advertisement additional to the design of the flag.

The European Union Flag is not currently classified as a national flag under the Town and Country (Control of Advertisements) Regulations 1992. I wonder how many local authorities have flown this flag in breach of their own planning regulations.

There may also be some requirement to display the ring of stars on trains which cross EU boders in much the same way as there is a recognised EU licence plate design on cars. Not much call for that though on the 17.20 to Largs. :wink:

Does anyone else enjoy dissecting secondary legislation or is it just me? :oops:
Sir Roger DeLodgerley
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alycidon » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:45 pm

Sir Roger DeLodgerley wrote:There may also be some requirement to display the ring of stars on trains which cross EU boders in much the same way as there is a recognised EU licence plate design on cars. Not much call for that though on the 17.20 to Largs.

There arn't any on the Eurostar sets so I think that you can rule out that requirement.
[img]http://www.jhowie.force9.co.uk/emu314carcream.gif[/img]

We must perform a Quirkafleeg!!!!
Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pripyat » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:55 pm

Alex Glass wrote:It wisny me! A didny get electricuted til 1999.

::): ::): ::):
"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe
Pripyat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:15 pm

Ill gladly add my name to it, as a lover of using trains be good to see one kept in the 'orange' livery.

If they dont then maybe back to the old blu like the old 303s used to be.

p.s. i love trains but am not a train spotter (yet) ::):
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby McShad » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:33 pm

First trains/SPT have a four coach blue train running at the moment in glasgow. 4 coachs in glasgow is rare itself since they normally use multiple of 3
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby james73 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:52 pm

McShad wrote:First trains/SPT have a four coach blue train running at the moment in glasgow. 4 coachs in glasgow is rare itself since they normally use multiple of 3

I think that's one of the class 322 EMU's that run from Glasgow to North
Berwick via Carstairs.

James H
He's over there...
james73
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby McShad » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:14 pm

I remember seeing it a few times sitting in the shieldhall yard.... it was just last week was the first time I saw it in service. No idea where it was going, but it was on the western side of the tracks implying paisley or returning to sheildhall
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:09 pm

два сталкиваются
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:17 pm

james73 wrote:I think that's one of the class 322 EMU's that run from Glasgow to North Berwick via Carstairs.

It's been on the 7:05am GLasgow Central - North Berwick service almost every morning for the last 2 weeks - not a train spotter 8O just use this train every day
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:34 pm

cant remember where i read it but spt are painting more of the underground trains in the new livery also ideally id like the old color scheme on the subway to stay also, perhaps a modernised version....... slowly strathclyde orange is dissapearing i wasnt a great fan of it but i appreciate the historical value of it
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lordsleek » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:01 pm

whewe glad I read the thread cos it seemed from the title a bit one side 1690 and all that :wink:
eeeeeewwwww whats that!
Can I touch it?
lordsleek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)