Unerground station under botanic gardens

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Unerground station under botanic gardens

Postby r2builder » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:31 am

Hello,
I'm currently organising a music video shoot for the Glasgow band Frightened Rabbit. The ideal location would be the abandoned underground station in the botanic gardens, but I heard that it's been boarded up permanently?
Would you know how I could get permission to shoot in there? Or know any other pitch-black friendly locations that would welcome a film crew?
There will be around 30 of us in all. There's zero budget, so the cheaper the better.
Thanks,
James
r2builder
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Unerground station under botanic gardens

Postby Knightmare » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:52 am

There's been pictures placed on here quite recently of the station at botanics gardens...try a search. However i think its not just a case of walking into this place. I've read that you need to use your enginuity to get access (hole in the fence type stuff).

Failng that....i would imagine that British Rail would have a say in who gets access?

Alternatively you might want to try the Bridgeton Tunnell?? There's lots of info on here about it too!
Knightmare
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby r2builder » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:57 pm

I'd previously visited it, and it was fairly easy to gain access.

I visited it again today, and it's impossible - razor wire & the fence has been welded closed. No padlock & door anymore.

Gutted.
r2builder
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby allyharp » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:17 pm

Good luck finding somewhere.

One of my friends says the best gig he's ever been to was a Frightened Rabbit one!
allyharp
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Shardonnay » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:04 pm

Frightened Rabbit are superb, They are from Selkirk and like to be known as a Scottish Band. They live in Glasgow. Scott Hutchison has an amazing voice his solo shows are outstanding . Great talent . Love seeing them live :)
Shardonnay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:25 pm

I am off to check them out as I am looking for new music.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby Shardonnay » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:01 pm

John wrote:I am off to check them out as I am looking for new music.

Hope you like them John :) I am fortunate to get the chance to hear and see new up and coming bands . some great talent in Scotland .
Shardonnay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:08 pm

I haven't listened to any new music in ages. I read the John Peel biography and it has reminded me how much more satisfying it is to seek out the new.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby Springburn Boy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Knightmare wrote:There's been pictures placed on here quite recently of the station at botanics gardens...try a search. However i think its not just a case of walking into this place. I've read that you need to use your enginuity to get access (hole in the fence type stuff).

Failng that....i would imagine that British Rail would have a say in who gets access?

Alternatively you might want to try the Bridgeton Tunnell?? There's lots of info on here about it too!

How do you get in to the Bridgeton Tunnel? Is it a climb over a fence scenario?
Where ye gaun wi' that Jobbie?
Springburn Boy
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Springburn Boy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:14 pm

Shardonnay wrote:
John wrote:I am off to check them out as I am looking for new music.

Hope you like them John :) I am fortunate to get the chance to hear and see new up and coming bands . some great talent in Scotland .

Try The Untitled. Good Glasgow boys. Got a chance to play The Wickerman next year
Check them out at http://www.digitalbluebells.co.uk
Where ye gaun wi' that Jobbie?
Springburn Boy
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Dodgecaliber » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:33 am

As someone who has worked in the TV/Filming industry for a good while - What is it you want to achieve from the shoot?

Not trying to put you off the idea, but do you specificly want shots of the train station or would another "dark" location be suffice?

Obviously you will need a LOT of lighting to do this - And folk that know how to do it!

My only suggestion is to speak to GCC or Network Rail - Not sure who owns it now.

One place I would suggest is Antonine lane. With a bit of facial light and some colour for the buildings this lane has not changed since it was made. Signage, tiles, cobbles and the feel is just - freaky.

I did filming for CBBC or whatever it's called around a year ago. It's quite a place!

If I can be of any help - Contact me on here! I have a few contacts who may be able to help
Dodgecaliber
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)