kids out really late for the summer

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

kids out really late for the summer

Postby nonniesmummy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:05 am

has anyone else noticed that some people are letting their kids stay out really late at night just now.
over the past few days i have notice that some people in the houses across the back from me are letting their kids stay out till eleven at night.
Last night when I was going to my bed at 11:45 there was still kids that looked no more than 4 or 5 years old were still out playing and making a right racket. when i went to the window to see where they were I noticed a distinct lack of any adult supervision. as a mother this actually really worries me because with todays climate of children going missing these children could be targeted.
Maybe i am just being over anxious but with some of the unsavoury characters that lurk about parents should be more vigilant when it comes to their children. Dont get me wrong I am not saying that we should wrap them in cotton wool but keep an eye on them and dont let them stay out till god forsaken hours at night. half past nine is a more reasonable time. ::):
nonniesmummy
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: kids out really late for the summer

Postby onyirtodd » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:29 am

It's just a variation on the McCann family set up where the kids are put to bed early and the grown-ups (and I use the term very loosely) go out to play.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hazy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:37 pm

nonniesmummy as a kid we all stayed out and played in the street till the cows came home but its unfortunate now that we have been made to believe through the media that our children are all at risk from deranged phycopathic axe murderer,s. It,s all about personal choice though saying that a wee bit of adult supervision wont go a miss.
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Roxburgh » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:44 pm

hazy wrote:nonniesmummy as a kid we all stayed out and played in the street till the cows came home but its unfortunate now that we have been made to believe through the media that our children are all at risk from deranged phycopathic axe murderer,s. It,s all about personal choice though saying that a wee bit of adult supervision wont go a miss.

The main problem today is that cars and/or buildings have taken over all the places that, as kids, we played in.
Roxburgh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hazy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:59 pm

Good call Roxy
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Riotgrrl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:54 pm

Problem with keeping kids that young up that late is that they don't get enough sleep. Then they're whingey and difficult.

My kids certainly aren't allowed out until 11.45 . . and they're 15 and 16!!!
International general interest photoboard: http://photofit.proboards.com/index.cgi?
Riotgrrl
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Lone Groover » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:55 am

They should get the right parental advice.
"If you aren't in bed by ten o'clock - come home ".

i already have my coat on, you don't have to shout :roll:
"Work hard, Rock Hard, Eat hard, Sleep hard, Grow big, Wear glasses if you need 'em"
Flickr photos - If you can stand them !
www.flickr.com/photos/davetrott/
Lone Groover
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)