Moss Heights - Cardonald

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Moss Heights - Cardonald

Postby QueenOfTartan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:32 pm

Hello there :)
I am a third year media student from Glasgow Caledonian University. As part of the course this semester I have to write weekly news articles about the ward in which I live (Cardonald). This week I intend to write my article about the proposed £14M regeneration of the Moss Heights tower blocks in Cardonald. I was curious to know if anyone on this board has any tales to tell about these recognisable local landmarks or knows anyone who might. One of the rules of the exercise is that I have to have quotes from original sources and I do not currently have a very comprehensive list of contacts for the area. I also do not feel comfortable going from door to door in the area at present.
Any help at all would be absolutely so appreciated, and I would of course make available the finished article if anyone wants to see what has been written.
Thanks in advance, Kayleigh George.
QueenOfTartan
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Moss Heights - Cardonald

Postby Peekay » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:50 pm

Hi QoT, dunno if there's anything in any of these posts of use to you.

http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/forums/search.php?keywords=moss+heights

PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby QueenOfTartan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:53 pm

Hi, thanks for that, I did have a quick look, but a lot of those posts are a few years old and I'd like to get peoples permission to use their words and preferably get some new spontaneous comments ^.^
Who said that I had given thee up? Who said that thou wert sold?
'Tis false! - 'tis false! my Arab steed! I fling them back their gold!
QueenOfTartan
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:22 pm

Head for Morrisons and take a recorder and board and conduct some interviews. Ask permission from teh manager first.

Check out

http://www.theglasgowstory.com/image.php?inum=TGSA00772

[url]http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/display.var.2456740.0.0.php?act=complaint&cid=1931633
[/url]
Moss Heights Demand Assessments
Glasgow Housing Association (2007)
Options study into core and non core housing stock in the Moss Heights area of Glasgow

"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:53 pm

QueenOfTartan wrote:Hello there :)
I am a third year media student from Glasgow Caledonian University. As part of the course this semester I have to write weekly news articles about the ward in which I live (Cardonald). This week I intend to write my article about the proposed £14M regeneration of the Moss Heights tower blocks in Cardonald. I was curious to know if anyone on this board has any tales to tell about these recognisable local landmarks or knows anyone who might. One of the rules of the exercise is that I have to have quotes from original sources and I do not currently have a very comprehensive list of contacts for the area. I also do not feel comfortable going from door to door in the area at present.
Any help at all would be absolutely so appreciated, and I would of course make available the finished article if anyone wants to see what has been written.
Thanks in advance, Kayleigh George.

Maybe you should contact the Local Housing Organisation and ask to speak with some of their committee. Maybe one of then lived there. They would also be able to provide you with some details about the decision to invest in these flats. It may also be worth contacting Councillor Alistair Watson and asking to speak with him about the proposal. Councillors often assist students in this way. Just this week I had an interview with a student who was working on a paper relating to Darnley. The interview lasted over an hour. It is best to make sure you tell him what you are doing and how long you would want to speak with him if you decide to contact him.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Glasgow Development