Sighthill - Fountainwell Place Demolition

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Sighthill - Fountainwell Place Demolition

Postby jodieohdoh » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:39 pm

I went off to youtube to watch a few videos of this and came across this one. The commentary is comedy gold, reminds me of Boxing Days with the family gone past (which were spent not far from where that video was taken, btw).
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fireman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:58 am

jodieohdoh wrote:I went off to youtube to watch a few videos of this and came across this one. The commentary is comedy gold, reminds me of Boxing Days with the family gone past (which were spent not far from where that video was taken, btw).

Brilliant - a rare gem! ::):
You can take the man out of Maryhill, but you can't take Maryhill out of the man.
Fireman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby maximusmop » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:27 pm

the 2 remaining deck blocks are now gone, anyone got demolition pictures?
maximusmop
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby maximusmop » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:08 pm

16-18 pinkston drive now sealed up and in the hands of technical demolition services
maximusmop
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby scottwramsay » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Any updates on this? When and how is it coming down?
http://www.flickr.com/scottwramsay/
scottwramsay
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby maximusmop » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:26 am

not yet scott as always i will be doing a wee bit of digging, have heard another pinkston block 17/19 pinkston drive may be empty and ready for demolition contractor take over within the next 6 months but will have to wait and see and will post anything i hear!!
maximusmop
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby scaryman2u » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:15 pm

Add the 3 multies at Iona Court to the demo list...starting soon.
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby maximusmop » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:20 pm

i have heard that 3 will be in the demolition contractors hands/demolished by the end of this year maybe early next year
maximusmop
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Forgive me for retreading old ground possibly, but does this mean that all of the remaining Pinkston/Sighthill blocks are coming down....I read somehwhere that one or two may survive.
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby maximusmop » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:01 pm

Yes 2 where to be saved but now all 5 pinks ton blocks are for the chop
maximusmop
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby SomeRandomBint » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:03 pm

It's the two nearest to Springburn Road that are still standing, isn't it? I'm not up that way very often, only when Mater lets me come and shop at Costco with her.

I've never seen a demolition live, but I would very much like to. Would anyone be up for making one of these a HG outing? Assuming they don't come down at 2am of course.
"-What was all that then? - What? - THAT. - That was Glasgow"
SomeRandomBint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 pm

SomeRandomBint wrote:It's the two nearest to Springburn Road that are still standing, isn't it? I'm not up that way very often, only when Mater lets me come and shop at Costco with her.

I've never seen a demolition live, but I would very much like to. Would anyone be up for making one of these a HG outing? Assuming they don't come down at 2am of course.

Given that the first ones were downed at 2a.m-ish, I rather suspect the others will be too. Something to do with the trains, if I recall correctly.

Mind you, the ones that were brought down last summer were done in the day-time, weren't they? :?
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Celyn » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:24 am

SomeRandomBint wrote:It's the two nearest to Springburn Road that are still standing, isn't it? ...

No. All other blocks are still standing and, oddly enough, people live there. I wonder whether you have seen Sighthill. recently, or perhaps ever. GHA has plans to "decant" residents to the two blocks nearest to Springburn Road. Those might be the ones you are thinking of. But they are not the only ones still standing.
Celyn
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby SomeRandomBint » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:45 am

Celyn wrote:
SomeRandomBint wrote:It's the two nearest to Springburn Road that are still standing, isn't it? ...

No. All other blocks are still standing and, oddly enough, people live there. I wonder whether you have seen Sighthill. recently, or perhaps ever. GHA has plans to "decant" residents to the two blocks nearest to Springburn Road. Those might be the ones you are thinking of. But they are not the only ones still standing.

*Looks out of front window* Ah, there's Sighthill, right over there. You're right, though. I've passed through it, and can see it. But I've had no cause to ever go there.

Having spent most of my adult life living elsewhere, I'm not overly familiar with areas of Glasgow outside my immediate experience (namely the East End and the City Centre). You will note the question mark in my comment. That indicates that I was looking for confirmation/correction, not making a statement. However, given the two tower blocks, which are next to Springburn Road, at the end of Pinkston Drive, and just next to Fountainwell Place (and the Fountainwell flats, or what's left of them), are still standing, I'm no a kick in the arse off the area. It's not as though I was referring to the Whitevale flats, was it?

Keep the heid and we'll buy ye a bunnet.
"-What was all that then? - What? - THAT. - That was Glasgow"
SomeRandomBint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby 2HB » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:53 pm

Why don't the next time you and mater go to Costco visit the optician section and get yer eyes checked ya fukkin stupid cunt?
2HB
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Development