Clyde St

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Clyde St

Postby Mori » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:18 pm

GCC

Friday 22 January 2010

Glasgow City Council notes new agreement for proposed Custom House Quay development

Glasgow City Council’s Executive Committee noted at its meeting on Friday 22 January an update on the position for the proposed development at Custom House Quay on the north bank of the River Clyde.
In 2003 and 2005 the Council approved entering into a development agreement with Clydeside Properties (Glasgow) Ltd to deliver an integrated development of Custom House Quay. The basis for dealing with this developer was that they had taken over the ground lease from the Council of the former Trading Post nightclub. The combination of the interests was seen as the best way of providing a comprehensive development of this important stretch of river frontage.
The length of time taken to bring plans forward has been brought about by a number of circumstances, include obtaining finance; the large development costs principally arising from the rebuilding of the quay wall; and developing proposals which Glasgow City Council regarded as appropriate for this site.
The principal development agreement terms are:-

(a) The land will be initially leased to the developer. The land for each phase will be excised from the lease and sold to the developer as the development phase is complete.

(b) The land value will be based on the residual site value after deduction of development costs including the new quay wall.

(c) The Council will also received a share of any super profit above a defined developer’s profit.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby rabmania » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:40 am

Mori wrote:GCC

Friday 22 January 2010

Glasgow City Council notes new agreement for proposed Custom House Quay development

Glasgow City Council’s Executive Committee noted at its meeting on Friday 22 January an update on the position for the proposed development at Custom House Quay on the north bank of the River Clyde.
In 2003 and 2005 the Council approved entering into a development agreement with Clydeside Properties (Glasgow) Ltd to deliver an integrated development of Custom House Quay. The basis for dealing with this developer was that they had taken over the ground lease from the Council of the former Trading Post nightclub. The combination of the interests was seen as the best way of providing a comprehensive development of this important stretch of river frontage.
The length of time taken to bring plans forward has been brought about by a number of circumstances, include obtaining finance; the large development costs principally arising from the rebuilding of the quay wall; and developing proposals which Glasgow City Council regarded as appropriate for this site.
The principal development agreement terms are:-

(a) The land will be initially leased to the developer. The land for each phase will be excised from the lease and sold to the developer as the development phase is complete.

(b) The land value will be based on the residual site value after deduction of development costs including the new quay wall.

(c) The Council will also received a share of any super profit above a defined developer’s profit.

And if it's to be made of cardboard, yes, it'll happen,
rabmania
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby chateaudulait » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Friday 22 January 2010

Wont that be right in front of Custom House ? Daft decision if so,they would effectively be hiding a lovely old building out of view. Also what will hapen to La Passionara statue which is located there at the moment?
chateaudulait
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Mori » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:36 pm

12/01511/DC | Demolition of unlisted building within Central Conservation Area. | Typographical House 222 Clyde Street Glasgow G1 4JH

Graphical house about to be Demolished.

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scaryman2u » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Graphical House has been earmarked for demolition for at least 2 years now, we tendered it in early 2010.
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:04 pm

scaryman2u wrote:Graphical House has been earmarked for demolition for at least 2 years now, we tendered it in early 2010.

The order was published Friday 9th Nov on the GCC Planning website, was the issue of the building being in a conservation area have anything to do with the delay demolition previously, does anyone occupy the building Scarryman ?

It will be good riddance to this horible lookin building when its gone.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scaryman2u » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:19 pm

I have no idea what the hold up was Mori, but Morrison`s pub closed early 2010 due to persistent flooding and the building to my knowledge was vacant and sold to developers for demolition, I then heard no more about it till now.
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Send us a pm once you know SM2U :)
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby The Egg Man » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:25 pm

Many a happy night in the Riverside Club.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby kirstymaclaren » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:50 pm

I thought graphical house was listed? What Was its use - offices? I will miss seeing that font as I drive past!
kirstymaclaren
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:22 am

It's not listed. There was a dispute between Morrison's and Unite as to a buy out of the lease, The tank burst and flooded through the Riverside Club and into the bar.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:47 pm

I suppose this answered my question on another thread.

Oh well, another haunt of my youth (The Riverside Club), is about to bite the dust.......soon there will be nothing left..... :? :roll:
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:47 am

RapidAssistant wrote:I suppose this answered my question on another thread.

Oh well, another haunt of my youth (The Riverside Club), is about to bite the dust.......soon there will be nothing left..... :? :roll:

You can still go ceilidh dancing at Avant garde and Sloans.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:00 am

I was only ever at the Riverside Club for the ceilidhs, but they had the nastiest bouncers I've ever come across in my life.

There are several tales of people who have never had a moment's difficulty with doormen in their lives barring that place, but who got (literally) a kicking in there.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:33 am

Felonious dj'd at Goodfoot at the Riverside and there would be one or two stewards on but the only time there was trouble was when someone put talc on the floor and had to be lifted out. That ceilidh mob must have been a bunch of real neds.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Development