Bothwell Plaza

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Bothwell Plaza

Postby Mori » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:33 am

Evening times

New plans for the old Albany hotel which is now being demolished.

More Images @ Future Glasgow

Image
User avatar
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 1:05 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Bothwell Plaza

Postby crusty_bint » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:12 pm

Demolition pics from tonight
Image

Image

Image

Image
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-
 
Posts: 4412
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:52 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Bothwell Plaza

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:59 pm

Excellent photos, young master Crusty.
User avatar
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8925
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

Re: Bothwell Plaza

Postby Vinegar Tom » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:03 am

Fascinating process demolition.
I was rubber-necking earlier this week,

Image
Glasgow ya bas!
User avatar
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:59 pm
Location: That Doom 4 Planet

Re: Bothwell Plaza

Postby RapidAssistant » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Noticed that diggers are now on site at the old Albany Hotel site....does this mean that work on Bothwell Plaza is finally starting?
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:22 am

Re: Bothwell Plaza

Postby Mori » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:25 pm

RapidAssistant wrote:Noticed that diggers are now on site at the old Albany Hotel site....does this mean that work on Bothwell Plaza is finally starting?


Its getting turned in to a car park till further notice.
User avatar
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 1:05 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Bothwell Plaza

Postby The Egg Man » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Mori wrote:
RapidAssistant wrote:Noticed that diggers are now on site at the old Albany Hotel site....does this mean that work on Bothwell Plaza is finally starting?


Its getting turned in to a car park till further notice.



Like the site at the foot of India Street.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Re: Bothwell Plaza

Postby Mori » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:00 am

The Egg Man wrote:
Mori wrote:
RapidAssistant wrote:Noticed that diggers are now on site at the old Albany Hotel site....does this mean that work on Bothwell Plaza is finally starting?


Its getting turned in to a car park till further notice.



Like the site at the foot of India Street.


Single flat concrete car park untill such times the economic climate gets better (if ever) to rebuild the Hotel.

Reference: 10/02656/DC Community Cnl: Anderston
Address: Site Formerly Known As Holiday Inn 177 Bothwell Street Glasgow
Proposal: Use of site as temporary car park.
Date Received: 28.10.2010 Date Valid: 23.11.2010
Applicant
Details:
Mr Stuart Spence
Agent Details:
Fouin And Bell Architects Ltd
1 John's Place Edinburgh EH6 7EL
Ward: Anderston/City Representation Expiry Date: 28.12.2010
Type: Full Planning Permission Level: Local Development
Case Officer: Mr M Thomson, 0141 287 6031
Listing: Cons Area:
Map Reference: (E) 258311 (N) 665436
User avatar
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 3436
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 1:05 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Bothwell Plaza

Postby RapidAssistant » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:04 am

Ahhhh - I see now. Totally sickening though that a perfectly good hotel was closed, the staff made redundant and the whole place flattened only to leave a gaping hole that's probably going to be there for years now.

Was it just plain bad luck that the financial crisis struck, or plain incompetent management in shutting and demmying the place before the funds were in place to build its replacement.....
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:22 am

Re: Bothwell Plaza

Postby The Egg Man » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:07 am

It was never Paradise down there but it shows Joni Mitchell was right - not that we doubted her.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Re: Bothwell Plaza

Postby RapidAssistant » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:44 pm

RapidAssistant wrote:Ahhhh - I see now. Totally sickening though that a perfectly good hotel was closed, the staff made redundant and the whole place flattened only to leave a gaping hole that's probably going to be there for years now.

Was it just plain bad luck that the financial crisis struck, or plain incompetent management in shutting and demmying the place before the funds were in place to build its replacement.....


OK - I was wrong, according to this it was sitting on a "Decaying Podium"....(scroll down to "Anderston Masterplan")

http://www.futureglasgow.co.uk/Index_Mixed_Use.html

Interesting though that Taylor Wimpey were basically trying to bribe Marriott into vacating the land with a shiny new hotel so they could flatten the 1981-vintage Holiday Inn building and expand the Cadogan Square scheme westward.
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:22 am

Re: Bothwell Plaza

Postby RapidAssistant » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:50 pm

Did anyone pick up on this:

http://www.costar.co.uk/en/assets/news/ ... velopment/

I haven't been down that end of town in ages, but I assume this means the old Albany Hotel site which was originally going to be called Bothwell Plaza? At long last someone is doing something about this ugly hole in the ground....
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:22 am

Re: Bothwell Plaza

Postby RDR » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:34 pm

RapidAssistant wrote:Did anyone pick up on this:

http://www.costar.co.uk/en/assets/news/ ... velopment/

I haven't been down that end of town in ages, but I assume this means the old Albany Hotel site which was originally going to be called Bothwell Plaza? At long last someone is doing something about this ugly hole in the ground....


Went past it the other day. Lots of work going on and what looks like concrete shafts going up at the moment. No indication, I could see what it's going to be though.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:58 pm
Location: Lanarkshire


Return to Glasgow Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests