Tesco Pollok Silverburn

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby mr moto » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:07 am

i went there for the first time early this morning . the traffic layout and lack of direction sign,s is an accident waiting to happen,also to use the petrol station you enter and leave just next to where you came in ! in busy times that will be a major bottleneck as traffic entering and leaving the petrol station is right in the path of traffic entering and leaving the car park,s . whoever designed the road layout need,s to go along and have a look when it,s busy and see what a mess it is for real .
User avatar
mr moto
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:25 pm

Postby Flyingscot » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:52 am

mr moto wrote:i went there for the first time early this morning . the traffic layout and lack of direction sign,s is an accident waiting to happen,also to use the petrol station you enter and leave just next to where you came in ! in busy times that will be a major bottleneck as traffic entering and leaving the petrol station is right in the path of traffic entering and leaving the car park,s . whoever designed the road layout need,s to go along and have a look when it,s busy and see what a mess it is for real .


yeah but thats not how it's supposed to be when the Centre opens- less traffic will be using that bit so hopefully it will be better.
Flyingscot
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 9:29 pm
Location: South-Side

Postby crazygray23 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:38 pm

is there any truth in the rumour that i heard that farmfoods is refusing to leave the old market bit of the pollock centre thats still standing because they are deemed too low class for the new centre? .......btw anyone notice that when a business moves into braehead they end up going down the drain ,i know its more of a coincidence but most of these businesses thrive for years then have had financial trouble when they open their store in braehead
User avatar
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat May 01, 2004 4:03 pm
Location: glasgow

Postby allyharp » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:20 am

crazygray23 wrote:anyone notice that when a business moves into braehead they end up going down the drain ,i know its more of a coincidence but most of these businesses thrive for years then have had financial trouble when they open their store in braehead

What examples of this are there? I can only think of Sports Connection who went bust, probably not too long after Braehead first opened. There's a couple of empty shops sitting upstairs in Braehead just now, might not be too long before there's hundreds of them like St Enoch's. :?
User avatar
allyharp
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:00 pm
Location: Bearsden

Postby Ally Doll » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:05 am

allyharp wrote:
crazygray23 wrote:anyone notice that when a business moves into braehead they end up going down the drain ,i know its more of a coincidence but most of these businesses thrive for years then have had financial trouble when they open their store in braehead

What examples of this are there? I can only think of Sports Connection who went bust, probably not too long after Braehead first opened. There's a couple of empty shops sitting upstairs in Braehead just now, might not be too long before there's hundreds of them like St Enoch's. :?


That DVD shop Silverscreen opened in Braehead then went bust. Sure it's just a coincidence tho!
User avatar
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: Dennistoun

Postby gordonm2 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:51 pm

First visit on Saturday there - loved it - spent 3 times my normal weekly budget. Highlight of the visit was Colin & Justin wearing Tesco uniforms meeting n greeting customers. Channel 5 filiming - no doubt see it all on telly soon !!
gordonm2
Just settling in
Just settling in
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:21 pm

Postby Alex Glass » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:58 pm

Colin and Justin have been working on a design programme involving residents in Arden. This should be shown very soon and no doubt will include footage of their visit to TESCO.
User avatar
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2589
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Glasgow

Postby stevenh1983 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:55 am

crazygray23 wrote:is there any truth in the rumour that i heard that farmfoods is refusing to leave the old market bit of the pollock centre thats still standing because they are deemed too low class for the new centre?


Of the existing shops at the old Pollok Centre only the bingo has a lease beyond the Silverburn opening time (October 2007). Apparently this will be refurbished, but everyone else including Farmfoods will be gone.
stevenh1983
Busy bunny
Busy bunny
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 1:24 pm
Location: Glasgow

Postby Mori » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:53 am

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/lo/features/7024332.html

Pollok's new realm begins

WORK will start next month on a new £6million community centre designed to boost the regeneration of one of Glasgow's poorest areas.

Pollok Civic Realm will sit alongside the giant Silverburn shopping mall quickly taking shape on the city's South Side.

Glasgow City Council has agreed to pay the biggest chunk - £3.4m - towards the long-awaited project, which will link the existing health and leisure centres, and provide a range of new facilities all under one roof.

Image
User avatar
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 1:05 pm
Location: Glasgow

Postby hazy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:45 am

Image
Top picture yes . Bottom one ! my arse
Thank you. And why not.
User avatar
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:32 pm
Location: city dweller

Postby hazy » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:49 am

Image
More fantasy shops. Those two parasoles will end up in Nitsy after the first week.
Thank you. And why not.
User avatar
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:32 pm
Location: city dweller

Postby stevenh1983 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:59 am

What are you talking about fantasy shops??
Marks & Spencers, Debenhams and Next have already signed up to be part of Silverburn Shopping Centre.
stevenh1983
Busy bunny
Busy bunny
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu May 25, 2006 1:24 pm
Location: Glasgow

Postby mr moto » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:00 pm

i just love these artistic impressions of how the finished place will look :roll:
you will notice that there are no old people, no anorexic looking white tracksuited ned,s , no small children, no prams ,no one using a wheelchair . ie no real people ! is there to be some sort of screening process you have to go through to be allowed entrance to this wondrous vision of paradise on earth ? ::): ::):
User avatar
mr moto
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:25 pm

Postby glasgowken » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:07 pm

It could be a shopping mall in almost any city in the world.

Something to cheer about ? :?
GK
User avatar
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 4477
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:59 am
Location: Glasgow

Postby My Kitten » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:37 pm

It looks like an airport terminal to me. Very like Barcelona Airport.
User avatar
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 6105
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:10 am

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests