Water Row, Govan Housing Proposals

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Water Row, Govan Housing Proposals

Postby Govanite » Fri May 09, 2014 12:35 pm

I know this is the right forum to post this but not sure if it is the right area.

I just heard today that there are plans to build housing in Water Row, Govan and that plans are on show by Glasgow City Council ...somewhere?

I have a keen interest in Govan and follow developments but do not remember any public consultation and on searching the only GCC planning applications regarding Water Row I can find are the recent public realm improvements including resurfacing, the shop front improvements and the Clydeside footpath refurbishment west of Water Row.

Can you someone please tell me who I contact at GCC to find out more information and perhaps find out where these elusive plans are showing.

I did find something online at skyscrapercity.com about "Central Govan Masterplan" never heard of it although I know of the Central Govan Action Plan. They have some artists impressions of buildings at Water Row at http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=262513

One of the images from site below:
Govanite
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Water Row, Govan Housing Proposals

Postby Govanite » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:45 am

False Alarm! It would seem that the confusion was caused by letters being sent out to residents around Water Row informing them of changes in the new City Development Plan and that Council has to notify all those who neighbour sites that may be developed within a five year period.

The letter of City Development Plan Proposal H005 (Water Row) states:

"This is an existing proposal, already included in the agreed 2012 private sector and affordable sector housing land supplies. It is not programmed to be on site before 2019. Planning law requires the Council to notify neighbouring premises where it is carrying a proposal forward into the new City Development Plan."

I believe it is also the same for the other proposals in the CDP for Govan:

H015 Govan Graving Docks, Govan Rd
H086 Copland Rd/Fairley St/Carmichael S
H097 Nethan St, Hill's Trust PS
H125 East Govan/Ibrox Transformational Regeneration Area

Info from: http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=11752
Govanite
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Josef » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:46 pm

Govanite wrote:H125 East Govan/Ibrox Transformational Regeneration Area

Info from: http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=11752

Transformational Regeneration Area. FFS. :-)
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Govanite » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:18 am

Josef wrote:Transformational Regeneration Area. FFS. :-)

Yes it is a joke Josef, I originally came from the "Transformational Regeneration Area" and it is terrible the way the Council have managed it all.

They have decimated East Govan, although admittedly not on the scale of the clearances in Govan in the 60s and 70s, but not far off it, yet again they have went in with their tackety boots and without proper consideration for the community.

The demolition of all the post war tenements and recently the high rise flats in east Govan has displaced a very large community again.

I had no option but to move out of the area due to demolition and was dumped at the other end of Govan. Now that they have built new houses there and plant to build more - can I get one of these houses in the area that my family had stayed for 150 years.... No!

Transformational Yes but not in a good way in my opinion.

Will GCC ever get it right, doubt it.
Govanite
Just settling in
Just settling in

Return to Glasgow Development