Blueprints

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Blueprints

Postby Doorstop » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:38 pm

Does anyone have any idea if there is an online archive of blueprints of social housing architecture in the Glasgow area?

I'm looking for scale drawings of tenements, 5 apartments, semi detached etc?
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Blueprints

Postby yoker brian » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:45 pm

Not aware of anything online DS but the City Archives at the Mitchell do hold plans of a variety of buildings might be worth checking with them
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Just checked their website Brian .. it looks like what I'm looking for is there (construction and building control plans 1895-1991) but I can't see any mention of them being available in a digital format, merely the times available for 'document production' - whether or not that means copies can be made, it's not clear?

Hmm, phone time methinks.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Maybe 'document production' is about when they're able to go and dig them out whilst document reproduction is about being able to make copies, either digital or paper.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:57 pm

Doorstop wrote:Just checked their website Brian .. it looks like what I'm looking for is there (construction and building control plans 1895-1991) but I can't see any mention of them being available in a digital format, merely the times available for 'document production' - whether or not that means copies can be made, it's not clear?

Hmm, phone time methinks.

They will copy the plans for you on request, last set of plans I requested cost me £16 and took about 4 days.
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bingo Bango » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:58 am

As others have said, they will copy the plans for you there and then or a few days later.

The system is all indexed so you can search the computer for what you want by address etc and then have them fetch the plans up for you. You can always take a couple phone pics of things if quality isn't really an issue, while waiting for them to copy your plans.

If you really need them in a digital format, once you have your paper copies Service Point or Hobs etc will scan large format prints to a range of file types for you.

Good luck!
Bingo Bango
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Glasgow Development