Wyndford Community Heating Project

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Wyndford Community Heating Project

Postby Wyndfordboy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:54 pm

IMG_0028 by Wyndfordboy, on Flickr

Hi folks first post here and thought I would kick off with something from my local area.

At present I stay in one of the 26 storey blocks in the Wyndford Estate beside Maryhill and its all change around the area. I never thought that high rise living would agree with me but in all honesty im loving it.

I have read these forums with much interest and hoped that I may contribute to the already vast knowledge base that has been created over the years. Ok sorry prattling over Ill get on with the report.

As many of you willl already know the Wyndford Estate sits on the old site of the Maryhill Barracks just off the Maryhill Road beside the eyesore that they call Tesco Extra.

Back in January work began on installing a network of hotwater pipes round the Wyndford estate fed from a central heating plant also under construction. The plan is provide affordable heating and hotwater to all residents by October 2012. This is better summed up in the PDF link below

http://www.cubehousing.co.uk/nmsruntime/saveasdialog.asp?lID=1001&sID=594

I have been following this project with interest and just hope that all the disruption is worth it. I hope that some of you find this wee report interesting. Ill keep you updated on the progress.
Just say hello I don't bite :-)
Wyndfordboy
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Return to Glasgow Development