Network Rail announces Queen Street station

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Network Rail announces Queen Street station

Postby RapidAssistant » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:24 am

Looks like the architects have had another crack at the design: Looking at that canopy they've taken their inspiration from the Radisson hotel a wee bit....perhaps not quite as in your face.

http://www.egip.info/projects/queen-str ... ion-part-2

http://www.egip.info/media/3242/exterio ... llerymodal

They were supposed to start tearing up the North Hanover Street car park this month, in preparation for building the first bit of the scheme - is this happening yet?

And what's happening down at the Low Level station, anyone got any pix of the improvements they've been doing down there?
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Haggis » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:18 am

It looks like a giant Sainsbury store.I know the area and station does need upgrading ,But I just think it could be done better than this,
Haggis
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby RapidAssistant » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:28 am

Haggis wrote:It looks like a giant Sainsbury store.I know the area and station does need upgrading ,But I just think it could be done better than this,

Agreed - so much of the commercial architecture that's went up in the city in the last decade has been the same old "steel and glass box" paradigm that's become awfully repetitive. Funny - yesterday, I drove past the new St Vincent Plaza office block and now that they've started to clad it and kinda went - "so what?"
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:09 pm

RapidAssistant wrote:They were supposed to start tearing up the North Hanover Street car park this month, in preparation for building the first bit of the scheme - is this happening yet?

Starting in may 2015 now due to safety issues
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Development