Silverburn and Pollok Civic Realm

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Silverburn and Pollok Civic Realm

Postby crazygray23 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:23 pm

theyre trying to promote the use of the msc as much as possible even giving a £50 quid gift card to one user every day up to xmas still hasnt really taken off tho
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Could do with more signs, it is a bit hidden.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:20 pm

i think the problem is that like most if you come in via barrhead road and come in via the m/way from ayr/kilmarnock way
the first car parks you see are the red,yellow and green which are in front and the side of the centre the only way you hit the multi story first is from peat road over the weekend theres only really been three levels used at most the top hasnt been touched
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:32 pm

just letting you know that frankie and benny`s opens friday and starbucks opens thursday, coffee republic should be before xmas, not a minute too soon for the two because costa coffee`s service is shite and its a rip off too, £7.50 odd for a ham and cheese panini a medium hot chocolate and a packet of crisps 8O
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby stevenh1983 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:54 am

Thanks a lot for the updates Crazygray23 much appreciated. :D
stevenh1983
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Flyingscot » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:33 am

I have read on another forum that people who park in the Tesco car park at Silverburn for more than 4 hours are being issued fines by EuroCarParks and the notices stating this are rather hidden. One to watch out for me thinks if it's true.
Flyingscot
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:50 pm

Thanks for this information Flyingscot I haven't heard anything about this but know that the manager at Tesco was not happy that his shoppers were unable to park in the carpark due to people going into Silverburn using the Tesco carpark.

Will need to watch out for this one.

Thanks again.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Flyingscot » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:18 am

Found some more information on a motoring legal site about it. Looks like the person who told me was right. £70 fine too well more than any police or council offence.

See here and here
Flyingscot
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:24 am

Excellent links, FS. :wink:
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:55 am

I think this particular trick might be on its way to being standard practice for commercial premises that provide car parks. There was a story in one of the freesheets a couple of weeks back about this happening at McDonalds (or was it Burger King).
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby fourbytwo » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:11 pm

as far as the overall parking within the 'Silverburn Area', if the Tesco Manager is worried that his customers are having problems getting close access to his shop......just walk about all the car parks and try to count all of the Contractor's Vans parked all over the sites.....
Obviously workers are still needed to maintain, repair etc, but don't they use the massive car parking areas they originally parked-in when the building was being built.....?
These areas are all but deserted, and with over 500 spaces, it may be prudent for the Silverburn Management to tell their contractors that the spaces at the front entrances, although convenient.....were originally designed for shoppers...!
As it has become obvious to Tesco, and anyone else who looks.....the disabled areas outside their entrance are being abused, the location of 'other disabled zones' should be reviewed as a matter or urgency....AND NOTICES SHOULD BE EASIER READ FROM THE MOTORWAY ENTRANCES.
Teething problems aside, much of this is down to bad design and should be looked at soon.
Just another gripe worth mentioning.....who designed the Bus Stances at the side entrance to Silverburn....?
A bit of research would have revealed that each bay FACES the WIND and RAIN, and those awaiting buses are currently having to stand BEHIND the shelters, to avoid being drenched......Someone should get their bum felt for that piece of work....!
fourbytwo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:08 pm

I understand that SPT have already raised their concerns about the design of the terminus.

Although I may be mistaken but the layout looks a lot similar to the one it replaced only much bigger.

I notice also that the old problem of stealing trolleys is starting again. This was a big problem for the old centre with people leaving the trolleys in the streets surrounding the centre. A standing joke locally was that the name Silverburn came from the silver glint off the Brock Burn from all the trolleys dumped in it.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:37 pm

Alex Glass wrote:I understand that SPT have already raised their concerns about the design of the terminus.

Although I may be mistaken but the layout looks a lot similar to the one it replaced only much bigger.

You'd have thought those concerns would have been voiced during the consultation process :wink:
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:40 pm

Good point Onny :roll:
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:47 pm

Just a daft wee point.

When people on here started talking about Silverburn I had a look at the centre website and SPT website to see just how easy it might be to get there from the city centre by bus ( I like buses). I found both sites totally useless. They may be better now but I haven't bothered to look again.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Development