Television Progs

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Pgcc93 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:30 pm

PlasticDel wrote:Perhaps if I could get a copy of that, Nodrog,

Restoration Nation it's being repeated on Sat 17th July on BBC2 @8.15pm if you care to set yer video Plastic Del 8)
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby PlasticDel » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:28 pm

Cool. Cheers.
PlasticDel
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby stevoooo » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:08 pm

Guys, the beeb are out to confuse everybody. This Saturday on BBC 2 its just a ten minute update, also called Restoration Nation! But on BBC4 that night they are showing the full hour-long repeated programme of Restoration Nation. Details below....

PS look out for the 3D animation of the proposed St. Peter's shell scheme created by yours truly :D

Restoration Nation

Sat 17 Jul 20:15 - 20:25 BBC Two

Each week, local restoration issues are profiled. Catch up on the campaigns the Restoration buildings are running in your area to win your vote.

Restoration Nation

Sat 17 Jul 23:40 - 00:40 BBC Four

Scotland: Sheena McDonald introduces restoration stories including St Peter's seminary in Cardross, one of the most important modernist buildings in postwar Britain, and a Glasgow church.
stevoooo
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Sharon » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:10 pm

Oh cool...good info g.
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PlasticDel » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:14 pm

Damn stoopid BBC! I don't have 4 beeb channels. Why wont they think of me???

Did the Restoration Nation have anything about the Trinity Church, Irvine on it? That's what interests me most about it just now. Otherwise I'll just have to watch that little 10 minute jobby this Saturday.

sigh... Oh woe is me!!!
PlasticDel
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:19 pm

Actually PD, I will second that sentiment...Im on crappy cooncil vision too... Have they no compassion! ????
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby crusty_bint » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:04 pm

PlasticDel wrote:Did the Restoration Nation have anything about the Trinity Church, Irvine on it?

There was a section on Trinity Del, done by (the butch) Sheena McDonald. Sad state of play man, theres still no-one forthcoming in saving the old place. It was saying that a Japanese marriage company were looking at buying it and shipping it over to hold thier ceremonies in, alas it lost out to another church.

Do you remember that really boring woman from the Future for our churches conference, she has an English accent, looked a bit like Claire Short actually, only not as hard in the face... anywho :?
Sheena interviewed the woman in question in a sort of last ditch attempt to find a use for it, the future doesn't look bright though. A-listed means nothing.

I might still have it on tape... although I was taping earlier. I'll check and let u know. Did you get inside when you were doing your report? Any pics you could post?

Crusty :D
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby turbozutek » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:09 pm

crusty_bint wrote: Did you get inside when you were doing your report? Any pics you could post?

It's on our 'To Do List'.

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby PlasticDel » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:11 am

Victoria Colinson or something like that, Crusty... I thought she was cool, I spoke to her that day at the conference.

I have pictures of Trinity. LOTS! But nothing recent of the interior as I had no digital camera at the time.

Although I do want inside her, T, (desperately!). I am totally against making a way in through even the smallest hole as I don't want any more ned damage done.

This place really pulls on my heart strings (I went to day care here too!!!). It's the reason I've chosen the education/career path I'm on now, and I'll leave this town if she is taken down! Not immediatley, but damnit I'll leave!

:(

No! I'm not crying, stoopid!!! I've just got something in my eye!!!
PlasticDel
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:22 am

PlasticDel wrote:Although I do want inside her, T, (desperately!). I am totally against making a way in through even the smallest hole as I don't want any more ned damage done.

There. are. so. many. meanings.

8O

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lonewooolf » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:18 pm

I was refused permission to do a GhostHunt at Portencross Castle because of this restoration program :<
Did it win teh votes?
Is it being restored, if not I can try back with them again.
Cheers
Follow The White Rabbit
Keep An Open Mind
lonewooolf
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby PlasticDel » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:33 pm

Don't think it been announced yet. Think it's Sunday they announce it... I'm not sure though.

Hope Portencross wins!
PlasticDel
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby PlasticDel » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:33 pm

Well woooooo pa de doooooooooooooo!!! :roll:

Knockando Wool Mill is this years Scottish finalist!

No bad a suppose! We could have ended up with that one on Orkney. Pffff!!! Like that's a real place!

I actually saw what the virtual restoration of Knockando Wool Mill and what they plan on doing with it. Sooo it woul dbe cool to have a Scottish winner this year. What was last years Manchester Baths all about!?

So much for my vote! Pah!

Anyway! 'Mon the Knockando!

DelBoy...
PlasticDel
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Forum Archive