Towers, Caves and Castle Walk-02/01/07

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby crusty_bint » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:37 pm

Excellent, sounds great! Well done Dicky for opening the Castle for us!!! Was thinking, if we're not soaked, freezing and knackered after we get to the Pollok water tower we could cut through Corkerhill and over the M77 into Pollok Park and finish at Pollokshaws station or head on into Shawlands for an aperitif and a bevvy?
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby Smartalex » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:49 pm

That sounds cool, but we'll need to watch the time unless we want to walk around Pollok Park in the Dark. 8O
Smartalex
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Monument » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:01 pm

I will be at Central Station around 10. I should know the answer to this, but is there some kind of day rover ticket thing you can get for the trains?

See you all Tuesday. Sounds like a grand day out!
A vagabond on the way.
Monument
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby james73 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:04 pm

You used to be able to get a all-day pass thing which lets you on the buses
as well. Pretty sure they still sell them.

Just checked - a Daytripper it's called. http://www.spt.co.uk/tickets/daytripper.html

James H
He's over there...
james73
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:09 pm

Smartalex wrote:That sounds cool, but we'll need to watch the time unless we want to walk around Pollok Park in the Dark. 8O

oh yeah, its the dead of winter now aint it... :oops: Still - safety in numbers! :D
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby viceroy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:40 pm

Easiest for me is to get a bus along Paisley Road West and get off at Crookston Road - the station is only a short walk from there. So I'll be at Crookston Station around 1050 to meet the main group from Glasgow Central. Don't know whether the rest of the Ibrox contingent has the same idea.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Smartalex » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:50 pm

That's fine Viceroy whichever is easiest for you, We'll be arriving at Crookston at about 10.50am and we'll wait till around 11.05 at the latest and then entering the park by the entrance about 50 yards along on the road on the right as we leave the Train Station at thetop of the stairs just in case anyone gets held up.
Smartalex
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scaryman2u » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:26 pm

Count me in for this one as it`s right on my doorstep. I will not be surprised in the slightest if you guys know more about the places than me, so i look forward to getting educated about my own area :oops: I also missed the drinks night on the 29th as i forgot it was my birthday that day :oops: I must be getting senile 8O
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scallopboy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:02 pm

crusty_bint wrote:
Smartalex wrote:That sounds cool, but we'll need to watch the time unless we want to walk around Pollok Park in the Dark. 8O

oh yeah, its the dead of winter now aint it... :oops: Still - safety in numbers! :D

As long as I can run faster than the rest of you ;)
scallopboy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby McShad » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:14 pm

viceroy wrote:Easiest for me is to get a bus along Paisley Road West and get off at Crookston Road - the station is only a short walk from there. So I'll be at Crookston Station around 1050 to meet the main group from Glasgow Central. Don't know whether the rest of the Ibrox contingent has the same idea.

Myself and Josef were talking about it last night... I think we planned to meet at 10 and get underground into the town to meet with the rest... safety in numbers so we can all get lost on mass
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:15 pm

I'm now confirmed as being free on the 2nd, been saying my prayers like a good boy....yipfukkinpeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :!: ::): ::):
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Smartalex » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:19 pm

Yesss! Mr Entertainment Will make an Appearance, Book your tickets now for his fabulous one day only offer. ::):

Seriously, Good Stuff HH was sorry to hear you may miss this one, nice it's all worked out. 8)
Smartalex
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:28 pm

Smartalex wrote:Yesss! Mr Entertainment Will make an Appearance

::):
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:30 pm

Alex, I'm so fukkin' happy to be going on this one, it was touch & go till the last minute. I've been to parts of this walk (Castle was shut on the day I visited) but have never heard of the caves and such, plus it's the start of a whole new years worth of trips & also it's the first one that you have organised & I really wanted to support you on it. I'm over ra moon :wink:

Oh, & I'll get to see my wee pal, VG.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scaryman2u » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:40 pm

HH I`ve lived a 5 minute walk from the castle for 38 years and only been in it once so i`m looking forward to it as it`s been about 25 years since i went ::):
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Archive