Papal Visit-Bellahouston park 16/09/10

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Papal Visit-Bellahouston park 16/09/10

Postby Mori » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:14 pm

GCC

Pope Benedict XVI will be visiting Glasgow during his State Visit to the UK. He will celebrate Mass in Bellahouston Park on Thursday 16 September, with up to 100,000 people expected to attend. The Mass will take place at the southern section of the park, in the area facing Mosspark Boulevard.

The content of these pages is designed to keep Glasgow’s businesses, residents and visitors informed about the impact on local transport arrangements and other services on and around 16 September.

Further information is available on the topics listed below and in the navigation list on the left of the page:
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Papal Visit-Bellahouston park 16/09/10

Postby The Egg Man » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Whit? The Pope's coming to Glasgow. They've kept that quiet.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby rabmania » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:58 pm

Is it free, or pape per view?
rabmania
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Johnny_Gogo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Nice of him to come and celebrate 450 years of his church being kicked out of Scotland by the people's revolution of 1560.
Johnny_Gogo
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:53 pm
Johnny_Gogo wrote:Nice of him to come and celebrate 450 years of his church being kicked out of Scotland by the people's revolution of 1560.

Mon May 31, 1982 3:53 pm
Johnny_Gogo wrote:Nice of him to come and celebrate 428 years of his church being kicked out of Scotland by the people's revolution of 1560.

Do you have to keep banging on about it?
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:29 pm

Did they chant 'we are the papal'? at bellendhouston?

OK ill get mah coat
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Johnny_Gogo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:36 pm

tobester wrote:Did they chant 'we are the papal'? at bellendhouston?

In Weegie and Polish :D
Johnny_Gogo
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:24 pm

Johnny_Gogo wrote:

Why Polish ?
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Glesga_Steve » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:31 pm

yoker brian wrote:
Johnny_Gogo wrote:

Why Polish ?

Why not?

He speaks 10 languages fluently (so I'm told) after all; that's about 10 more than Johnny Gogo I reckon, unless bigoted-toolish is an official language.
Glesga_Steve
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Johnny_Gogo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Slightly more Weegies in the much under capacity crowd due to Scotland's Rock & Rolls not being overly enthusiastic about a German prince of Rome with a history .
Who can blame them?
Johnny_Gogo
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Glesga_Steve » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Johnny_Gogo wrote:Slightly more Weegies in the much under capacity crowd due to Scotland's Rock & Rolls not being overly enthusiastic about a German prince of Rome with a history .
Who can blame them?

Are you related to Ian Paisley or something?

Why don't you gogo somewhere where the drivel and bile you pass off as conversation will be welcomed?
Glesga_Steve
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Johnny_Gogo wrote:Slightly more Weegies in the much under capacity crowd due to Scotland's Rock & Rolls not being overly enthusiastic about a German prince of Rome with a history .
Who can blame them?

It's my opinion that this is a very broad and tolerant discussion board and it's contributors and readers come from a diverse mix of society. Amongst that diversity, there are many of different faiths and none and the vast majority contribute to the benefit of others on this site. Religion, particularly in the West of Scotland is an emotive issue at the best of times and I would gladly state we are a tolerant bunch but I don't like the connotations of your contributions. I personally view them as having an 'agenda' and if you are no fan of the Pope or Roman Catholicism, could you please keep that to yourself - and before you ask, I am a Protestant and totally fed up with any form of sectarianism - in my view usually instigated by those with high levels of ignorance, low level of education.

If you have fit into that category, could you move on?
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Johnny_Gogo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Delmont St Xavier wrote:
Who can blame them?

It's my opinion that this is a very broad and tolerant discussion board and it's contributors and readers come from a diverse mix of society. Amongst that diversity, there are many of different faiths and none and the vast majority contribute to the benefit of others on this site. Religion, particularly in the West of Scotland is an emotive issue at the best of times and I would gladly state we are a tolerant bunch but I don't like the connotations of your contributions. I personally view them as having an 'agenda' and if you are no fan of the Pope or Roman Catholicism, could you please keep that to yourself - and before you ask, I am a Protestant and totally fed up with any form of sectarianism - in my view usually instigated by those with high levels of ignorance, low level of education.

If you have fit into that category, could you move on?

What you and the other member [with an anti attitude ] mean is that we are all supposed to agree that a German catholic who was a Nazi is somehow God's representative 'on earth' - no thank you. He is but a man dressed up in a frock - followed by numpties in like frocks. Worship of false images and all that is not what the Bibles says at all.

Fuck you and your minority that try and impose your beliefs on the majority in this country (that popularly booted corrupted Rome out all those 450 years ago).

Radio Clyde LIVE from Bellahouston Park ................. broadcasting the visit of His Holiness

What about the majority?
Johnny_Gogo
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Josef » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:11 pm

Wilful misinterpretation of the points made by the previous poster, and personal abuse.

Final warning.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:37 am

Previous

Johnny_Gogo wrote:Hi Johnny here greetings to y'all.

Johnny_Gogo wrote:Galloway's biggest fault is that he likes to ram his religon down everybody's throat. Fuck off pal we're not interested in your biased views.

Johnny_Gogo wrote:
br-cmr wrote:On the other hand, would you rather live in a country where all comedy has to be vetted before performance?

There is a middle way and its called common decency. Boyle is a low life.

Johnny_Gogo wrote:The Beeb has it that Herr Pope is under pressure.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8590308.stm
Whit a stooshie for the Vatican. Biggest crisis since 1690 apparently.

Johnny_Gogo wrote:So lets talk about those havens of Glasgow religous tolerance like the Calton, the Gorbals and the Garngad. Places where if your a 'durty Orange bastard' your life is in serious danger.
That is the REAL Hidden and not talked about Glasgow.
Ban me if you like, I really don't give a fuck.. .

Johnny_Gogo wrote:First Purcell diz a runner, then they announce the Herr Pope is coming to sort it aw oot at a big meeting but then Mowbray puts 5 strikers on the park.
I blame somebody, everybody, eh, anybody.
Last edited by Johnny_Gogo on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total. .

Johnny_Gogo wrote:Well the citizens are awaiting the white smoke from George Square.
My suggestion that the faithfull cooncil are waiting on the arrival of their 'sheperd' before choosing a successor to the missing Purcell is relevant considering they are overwhelmingly followers of his medievalist brand of christianity.
I'ver nothing against gay tims per se. Sorry if I've offended you personally.
I'd suggest the the person who posted the thread has invited a comment or two, probably intentional. .
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Forum Archive