St. Andrew's Day Rally, Sat 28th Nov

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

St. Andrew's Day Rally, Sat 28th Nov

Postby MacCoinnich1320 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:12 pm

This is a non political event for Scots to enjoy each others company and to display their pride in who they are!! Please come along.

MacCoinnich1320
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: St. Andrew's Day Rally

Postby Autolycus » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:43 pm

D'ye realise the 28th isn't actually St Andrew's Day?
Autolycus
Autolycus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby MacCoinnich1320 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:01 pm

Naw yer kidding me on?

of course i knew that but it is the nearest Saturday to the 30th so easier for most people to attend.
MacCoinnich1320
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby hazy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:12 pm

Autolycus wrote:D'ye realise the 28th isn't actually St Andrew's Day?

Bet you feel a right TIT.
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:32 am

Er, when is it?
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Autolycus » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:37 am

MacCoinnich1320 wrote:Naw yer kidding me on?

of course i knew that but it is the nearest Saturday to the 30th so easier for most people to attend.

What a brilliant idea. Fuck tradition and make life easier for people :x

What next? Move Christmas Day to the last Saturday in July so the weather'll be better for folks who need to travel?

Nae wunder the country's gaun tae the dugs.
Autolycus
Autolycus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby MacCoinnich1320 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:53 am

What are you talking about "changing tradition". What tradition? Would you be willing to take the Monday off work or school to attend a rally in Edinburgh. Would you finish early then rush to the capital just to be there for 4?
It is November, it is cold marching down the Royal mile in a kilt and the apathy most Scots display makes me wonder how we manage to get anybody there at all.
The Saturday is good for most people because they either won't have work, won't have school, will maybe be looking for something to do and take it from somebody who has gone for the last 4 years - the after party is unlike your usual Saturday night out. This is a night you wouldn't forget on the Sunday or any other day for the rest of your puff!

Seriously..... it would be great to have the numbers in the thousands this year. If you can make it then please come along. Bring a saltire and enjoy.
MacCoinnich1320
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Autolycus » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:16 pm

If, as your constitution suggests, your aim is to make the 30th November a public holiday, why not put your money where your mouth is and take a day off w*rk?

Those of us who take St Andrew's Day (and Burns Night) seiously do so in our own way and haven't succumbed to the sort of be-kilted, leather waistcoated and frilly shirted bodhran beating nonsense that'd have made Walter Scott proud.

Hey, but whatever rocks yer boat ::):
Autolycus
Autolycus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby MacCoinnich1320 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:26 pm

First of all, i don't have a constitution. I'm merely an attendee of an event that celebrates being Scottish.

Believe me if i could make the 30th a public holiday, i would. Lucky for you though, i'm not running the show.

Now on to the serious stuff - how exactly do you take St Andrew's day and Burn's night seriously? Enlighten me.
Does serious involve dusting off your old saltire flag you last brought out during our euro 2008 campaign where we were oh so close yet again, chucking it out a window and then heading off down the offy to get in the 6 pack of tennants. Maybe you'll even have a wee listen to that compilation CD of Scottish songs you have somewhere? You'll drink the drink, fall asleep to Caledonia and in the morning the flag'll come in and get thrown back in the cupboard until Burn's night. This time the flag will get tacked to wall, you'll go to the supermarket [probably waitrose since they are now springing up everywhere] to buy in the HAGGIS, the neeps and the tatties, if you've got enough cash maybe even a wee bottle of Talisker or Laphroaig just because it's a serious Scottish day. When the dinner is ready, you'll pour your wee dram and go sit on the couch to watch Deal or no Deal? Haha come on. They are supposed to be days of enjoyment. St Andrews is a day to celebrate our patron Saint and us as Scots, surely we're not that tight arsed that we cannot have a bit of fun?
I'm not the Scottish Romance Mafia, i don't give a sh*te if you wear a kilt or a pair of jeans, you could even throw on a thong and join in. It makes no odds to me, what does matter to myself is that Scots get up off of their arses and stop being so apathetic and complacent.
I'm not here to argue with anybody, i posted the information because most people never know when things are actually happening. People will go or they won't. If you're not going to be there, fair play. I hope you enjoy whatever it is you do because no matter what it is. I'm sure you're proud of who you are and where you come from and that is all that matters.

Sìth
MacCoinnich1320
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Autolycus » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:45 pm

MacCoinnich1320 wrote:First of all, i don't have a constitution. I'm merely an attendee of an event that celebrates being Scottish.

Believe me if i could make the 30th a public holiday, i would. Lucky for you though, i'm not running the show.

Now on to the serious stuff - how exactly do you take St Andrew's day and Burn's night seriously? Enlighten me.
Does serious involve dusting off your old saltire flag you last brought out during our euro 2008 campaign where we were oh so close yet again, chucking it out a window and then heading off down the offy to get in the 6 pack of tennants. Maybe you'll even have a wee listen to that compilation CD of Scottish songs you have somewhere? You'll drink the drink, fall asleep to Caledonia and in the morning the flag'll come in and get thrown back in the cupboard until Burn's night. This time the flag will get tacked to wall, you'll go to the supermarket [probably waitrose since they are now springing up everywhere] to buy in the HAGGIS, the neeps and the tatties, if you've got enough cash maybe even a wee bottle of Talisker or Laphroaig just because it's a serious Scottish day. When the dinner is ready, you'll pour your wee dram and go sit on the couch to watch Deal or no Deal? Haha come on. They are supposed to be days of enjoyment. St Andrews is a day to celebrate our patron Saint and us as Scots, surely we're not that tight arsed that we cannot have a bit of fun?
I'm not the Scottish Romance Mafia, i don't give a sh*te if you wear a kilt or a pair of jeans, you could even throw on a thong and join in. It makes no odds to me, what does matter to myself is that Scots get up off of their arses and stop being so apathetic and complacent.
I'm not here to argue with anybody, i posted the information because most people never know when things are actually happening. People will go or they won't. If you're not going to be there, fair play. I hope you enjoy whatever it is you do because no matter what it is. I'm sure you're proud of who you are and where you come from and that is all that matters.

Sìth

You haven't a fuckin' clue, do you?
Autolycus
Autolycus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby MacCoinnich1320 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Naw i don't. Are you going to give me one or what?

Oh, oh wait. I think i just got it. You're a Brit, a servile unionist and to show any kind of pride in being Scottish is nothing but mere romanticism. Next i'll be an anglophobe, a tartan tory trying to whip up support for the break up of this glorious union.

Cringe

Ahhh there is always one. Like i said. I just posted the info if you don't like it or don't want to go then don't. You'll not be missed.
MacCoinnich1320
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby hazy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:43 pm

The nearest Saturday is a fine idea. Just as well it aint Easter holidays they got changed from the March or April. I wish you christians would make up your mind. Good Friday was on the 10th of April this year. When I went to skool it was always at the same date every year so I suppose thats something else we should blame the Teachers for. :wink:
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:58 pm

MacCoinnich1320 wrote: a tartan tory

Och, Mac, you just stole his punchline. ::): ::): ::):
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dotcomnorrie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:51 am

Autolycus wrote:If, as your constitution suggests, your aim is to make the 30th November a public holiday, why not put your money where your mouth is and take a day off w*rk?

Those of us who take St Andrew's Day (and Burns Night) seiously do so in our own way and haven't succumbed to the sort of be-kilted, leather waistcoated and frilly shirted bodhran beating nonsense that'd have made Walter Scott proud.

Hey, but whatever rocks yer boat ::):

you are either a total thicko or a total quisling labour lackey and if you are the latter then the former is a given
dotcomnorrie
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Doorstop » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:54 am

Nice first post .. that's how to win friends and influence people right there, folks. :roll:
Last edited by Doorstop on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Forum Archive