Dumb Questions

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Dumb Questions

Postby hazy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:37 am

My daughter has just returned from Boston in amoungst the good ol boys and she was asked some of the dumbest questions . Here are just some examples. Do you have high rise buildings, Do you have a fire brigade do all the kids wear kilts to school, do you have any uni,s. After pointing out to these pig ignorant retards that Scotland and the rest of the UK is not London they could not actually cohmprhend how small the UK and Scotland was and how so much inovation has come from such a wee country . They honstly thought the good old boys have designed every thing in the world. The dumbest one I personally heard was on a quiz show . Question was " out side of Amerca where else is the first language English". Bob the contestant replied " Italy". 8O
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Dumb Questions

Postby nuttytigger » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:05 am

years ago my papa had to go to America with STV and he was asked if we have roads over here!
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lus22 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:42 am

The first word of the phrase 'dumb questions' kind of sums up Americans for me to be honest.
When I first seen this post I thought it was "dumb questions" for example, as in when my brother comes into the kitchen and see's me washing the dishes/cooking a meal or and then ask's "what are you doing?".....I thought that was what this forum topic was leading to but guess that's more of an "annoying question"...or probably just dumb too.
lus22
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby hazy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:45 pm

lus22 that is a dumb question you gave as a good example. Here is another example . An old girlfriend asked me a question about one of my mates."What is John Dunphies Second name" After a shocked pause I replied Smith. She still thinks his second name is Smith.
Any dumb questions will do here mates and matets.
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby floweredpig » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:14 pm

A friend of my wifes,whom i may add has built her own successful business,from Newcastle thought that Edinburgh and Glasgow were the same place.
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lus22 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:11 pm

The above kind of random posts are my favourite....make me laugh and take me away from dire idea of preparing for a job interview.am sad i know
lus22
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Bridie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:19 pm

When in london I had someone who was also in a responsible job ask me if I put on my accent for the tourists wtf!and she was serious!
Had an argument at work with someone who insisted that as she came from SE England she didn't have an accent she spoke the queens english in other words accents only happened outside and North :roll:
My mum had even better ones when she emigrated to America in the mid 50's;
"Do you have running hot water?"
"You speak English very well"
"Do you make shawls?"

::):
Last edited by Bridie on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:20 pm

lus22 wrote:The above kind of random posts are my favourite....make me laugh and take me away from dire idea of preparing for a job interview.am sad i know

All the best lus22 :D
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lus22 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:23 pm

Bridie wrote:
lus22 wrote:The above kind of random posts are my favourite....make me laugh and take me away from dire idea of preparing for a job interview.am sad i know

All the best lus22 :D

Thank you-all though in the current position I'm in....am gonna need a miracle!
lus22
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby lord lucan » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:09 am

my American cousin, asked me what he thought was a dumb question " hey luccy, is it true that back in blighty you let foreign johnnies in, give them citizenship,provide them with benefits to support their families, so they don't have to work, and then they want to blow you all to smitherines" don't be daft I said that would never happen, would it.
Still lucan for me
lord lucan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby floweredpig » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:48 pm

lord lucan wrote:my American cousin, asked me what he thought was a dumb question " hey luccy, is it true that back in blighty you let foreign johnnies in, give them citizenship,provide them with benefits to support their families, so they don't have to work, and then they want to blow you all to smitherines" don't be daft I said that would never happen, would it.
The title of this thread was Dumb Questions not Dumb Racist Bastards so Fuck Off.
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby zoidberg » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:31 pm

You've got to admire how these racist fuckwits manage to get their stupid bigotry into any conversation, no matter the topic.
"He can't stay down with three barrels on him, not with three barrels he can't."
zoidberg
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby hazy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:29 pm

to right floweredpig. This was really a light harted daft post. To many subjects get hijacked by the usual suspects and turned into shit posts.
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:39 pm

Ignore the the racist comments and posters, you only give them credibility. Let's get back on track.

Dumbest questions; (to a Scotsman) regrettably from some of my friends and relatives over the other side of the 'Pond' both in the States and Canada.

"Do you guys have television?" (There followed a history lesson of John Logie Baird).
"Do you guys have McDonalds? (There followed a lesson on obesity and nutrition).
"Do you guys celebrate New Years....I won't tell you what followed that one!
"Do you guys wear kilts, eat haggis for breakfast?" Response, only before we switch on the television and head off to McDonalds but never at New Years....
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:50 pm

Delmont St Xavier wrote:"Do you guys have television?" (There followed a history lesson of John Logie Baird).

my papa was asked that as well - he explained how he was there with Scottish Television and then started the history lesson.

i'm on an american forum as well and i hate it when on there they refer to the uk as England :evil: :evil:
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Random Distractions