Am I the only one?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Am I the only one?

Postby Frank Owen » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:14 am

Love it ! ( The Toon that is ) warts an' all . In there more than most . I'm a Glasgow cabbie !
Frank Owen
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Fat Cat » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:14 pm

Frank Owen wrote:Love it ! ( The Toon that is ) warts an' all . In there more than most . I'm a Glasgow cabbie !

My sympathies.
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:18 pm

Am I the only one who has no interest in Dr. Who?

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:55 pm

no.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:13 pm

dimairt wrote:Am I the only one who has no interest in Dr. Who?

Durachdan,

Eddy

No
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:09 pm

No.
Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Targer » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:22 pm

Certainly NO.
Targer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby pingu » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:18 am

most definitely a NO here too

tis a bucket o p
toot toot
pingu
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BTJustice » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Am I the only person sick of the ice bucket challenge?
Point 1, cold water over the head is not a challenge and point 2, why are you proud of giving £3 to charity. Its not worthy of an OBE, just give money to charity (more than £3 would be a good start)without telling me how much of a struggle you found your life for the 5 minutes you were wet.
My all new film location website is here;
www.rewoundandfound.com

Check oot ma flickr page;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/route9autos/

For handmade jewellery, go to:
http://www.weegemjo.co.uk
BTJustice
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:18 pm

BTJustice wrote:Am I the only person sick of the ice bucket challenge?
Point 1, cold water over the head is not a challenge and point 2, why are you proud of giving £3 to charity. Its not worthy of an OBE, just give money to charity (more than £3 would be a good start)without telling me how much of a struggle you found your life for the 5 minutes you were wet.

Bored with it
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby InkMan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:06 pm

Point One:
You seem somewhat disingenuous over the meaning of the word challenge when what (most) people are doing in reality are accepting a nomination.
Point Two:
I only have twenty or so friends on Facebook so there is every chance that you have seen more of this than me. That said none of the people I know who have done this, nor for that matter any of the links appearing on my account has anyone stressed the amount they were donating or any sense of pride at doing so. To do so would be mannerless.
Furthermore, and I again concede the point that you may have encountered this, not even one of the many clips I have seen has anyone spent one minute, far less five, elucidating how they found any part of what is supposed to be a light hearted stunt in aid of good causes a "struggle".
There are aspects of this internet craze that is open to criticism. For all I believe that she will have donated to the two causes she mentioned some young female I know seems to have done it in some self burnishing attempt at getting people to comment on her cleavage. That said many charitable organisations have benefited through financial donations or their cause highlighted via a light hearted stunt that negatively affects or offends no one.
If this sickens or bores anyone then it is pretty simple to ignore, block or merely take it in the manner in which it is meant.

Anyway any more of this nonsense and I will do it topless, whilst wearing my leather (or leather affect to be truthful) jeans then nominate everyone with more than 250 posts here! Then you and Fat Cat will have something to complain about.
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:36 am

InkMan wrote:

Point One:
You seem somewhat disingenuous over the meaning of the word challenge when what (most) people are doing in reality are accepting a nomination.
Point Two:
I only have twenty or so friends on Facebook so there is every chance that you have seen more of this than me. That said none of the people I know who have done this, nor for that matter any of the links appearing on my account has anyone stressed the amount they were donating or any sense of pride at doing so. To do so would be mannerless.
Furthermore, and I again concede the point that you may have encountered this, not even one of the many clips I have seen has anyone spent one minute, far less five, elucidating how they found any part of what is supposed to be a light hearted stunt in aid of good causes a "struggle".
There are aspects of this internet craze that is open to criticism. For all I believe that she will have donated to the two causes she mentioned some young female I know seems to have done it in some self burnishing attempt at getting people to comment on her cleavage. That said many charitable organisations have benefited through financial donations or their cause highlighted via a light hearted stunt that negatively affects or offends no one.
If this sickens or bores anyone then it is pretty simple to ignore, block or merely take it in the manner in which it is meant.

Anyway any more of this nonsense and I will do it topless, whilst wearing my leather (or leather affect to be truthful) jeans then nominate everyone with more than 250 posts here! Then you and Fat Cat will have something to complain about.

Just give the money to the charity. You have your opinion and I respect that. Hopefully you can respect mine - that I am bored seeing it. Exhibitionism at its worst.
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:24 am

each individual who agrees to take part has their own reasons to do so and that is all well and good but i was put off the whole thing when i saw a shivering four year old child being doused in cold water.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby InkMan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:55 pm

FatCat,

Of course I respect your opinion; and those of BT Justice and anyone else for that matter who I disagree with. There has been an element of exhibitionism in certain people but it is so easy to flick the newspaper page over, switch a tv channel, click onto another website or just ignore. This isn't a wet fart in a lift, some idiot on a train with a boom-tsk-boom-tsk pair of headphones or some clown on a bus where every fuchin second fuchin word fuchin is a shwear fuchin word; it's simple to avoid. Then again if I wasn't so late in asking the HEO of the charity I work with (who is an ex politician) if he would mind me nonimating him then I would have made an exhibition of myself in highlighting both the ALS and my company so I suppose you have a point.

To reiterate though, of course I do respect your opinion.

As for your point Banjo my friends eight year old son; who is on the Autistic spectrum and his six year old sister did it because they wanted to. Same as the eight year old girl who has Down Syndrome who recently had her beautiful very long blonde hair shorn so other children who had lost their hair through cancer could have human hair wigs; it was that young persons choice. If a kid has had it done against their will then the Social Services should be looking at it.
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby dimairt » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:21 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't have any interest in Kate Bush?

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions