Am I the only one?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Am I the only one?

Postby dimairt » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:54 pm

Change of subject. I like cooking; I'm quite good. Tonight I made pizza - that's making dough, letting it rise, prove, preparing various toppings, cranking up the oven, getting a nice crust etc.
My daughter, yes the one I'm so concerned about, put HP sauce on it!!! and !!!!
I'm glad that she didn't get a place at Glasgow as I won't have to put up with this for much longer.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:08 pm

HP sauce on Pizza sounds absolutely vile but then my youngest would probably take gravy on everything if I let him.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:18 pm

sacrilege.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby motman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Joined Facebook a month or so ago under pressure from the grandkids. So, to avoid being inundated by arseholes signed my self up as mushypea slave (the wife being mushy pea). No problem, looked in for a while, got bored and forgot about it. Then one day I couldn't log in, went through the forgotten password process to be told eventually that my account had been suspended with any name attached to my email address being suspended, as my name was suspected as being artificial, and apparently in breach of their T&Cs.
Fair enough I thought, could see the reasoning behind their decision - kiddie grooming and all of that - so applied to be reinstated. Back came a request for a scanned copy of my driving licence or passport. Bugger aff says me, no way am I giving identity fraud people across the globe this information. Back comes an email (ain't these androids understanding) suggesting that I can redact (ugh what a word) the naughty bits before scanning the docs.
But I don't care anymore. I can do without this crap. Will my life be the worse without Facebook. Do cows moo. Bollocks.
motman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:53 pm

motman wrote:
Do cows moo. Bollocks.

Ha! :D
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby dimairt » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:00 pm

I learned, only by chance, about this. A central point of the author's story is that Scottish newspapers - and tv and radio - steer clear of direct criticism of Rangers.I recall hearing him on radio a while back saying that he'd never encountered such animosity while covering a story as he had while researching this one.
I've had a wee look at most papers and websites over the last few days, not one mentions it, yet it's clearly a major story - whether you're interested in football or not. Has your daily paper mentioned it?

Durachdan,

Eddy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greensl ... n-scotland
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:25 pm

This looks little more than a commercial organisation, in a spot of bother elsewhere, taking a financial decision in the face of a little local difficulty not to seriously piss off a large chunk of its customer base.

There's bound to someone left at News International, someone not actually facing charges for one thing or another, who remembers Hillsborough and Liverpool.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:40 pm

The Egg Man wrote:This looks little more than a commercial organisation, in a spot of bother elsewhere, taking a financial decision in the face of a little local difficulty not to seriously piss off a large chunk of its customer base.

There's bound to someone left at News International, someone not actually facing charges for one thing or another, who remembers Hillsborough and Liverpool.

I agree Egg Man, though they should have gone ahead - serialize and be damned!

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:44 pm

I'd be delighted to find and to read a genuinely objective analysis of the who Rangers/ EBT issue. I doubt, however Mac Giolla Bhain is the man to provide this.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:30 pm

I expect I am probably in a minority of people who didn't know what the letters BB stood for in those beauty creams
being advertised on tv and in magazines.
As far as I was concerned it could have stood for anything from be beautiful to better believe or best before.

Now I know it stands for beauty or blemish balm.
You learn something every day.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:23 am

two adults one child aged four for disney on ice at braehead.£45.00,fair enough they loved the show but refused to pay £8.00 for popcorn,£7.00 for a candy floss or £8.00 for a helium baloon.seriously,what is that about.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ninatoo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Dot wrote:I expect I am probably in a minority of people who didn't know what the letters BB stood for in those beauty creams
being advertised on tv and in magazines.
As far as I was concerned it could have stood for anything from be beautiful to better believe or best before.

Now I know it stands for beauty or blemish balm.
You learn something every day.

Thanks for that, I've been wondering myself!
ninatoo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dot » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Does anyone know what the lyrics of 'Pass the Dutchie' mean?

Perhaps I am in a minority but have never really known what the song was about.
I read somewhere that a 'dutchie' is some sort of an oven or a cooking pot in Jamaica.
I wondered if song was about people on drugs?
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:55 pm

The meaning of lyrics??

Right, first person to mention A Whiter Shade Of Pale or Bob Dylan is barred.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:21 pm

The other song that is curious is The Beatles 'I am the Walrus'.
Who knows what that one is all about but I suppose the tune is one which you never forget.

Perhaps The Egg Man would care to enlighten us all.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions