Re: Tattoos

Postby banjo » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:56 am

mibbee it was crabs doortop.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:08 am

If it was then it was the only thing in our entire relationship she didn't insist on taking off me.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:08 pm

well rid.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby InkMan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Band of stars by Dave Crossley from Stirling; inked in 2001. Knee to ankle on left leg wraparound two level cartoon house by Ian McAlister at Red Hot and Blue in Edinburgh; who has a profile in the upcoming edition of International Tattoo Art. This took over six years and was finished just before Christmas last year.

Shuggy
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby InkMan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:05 pm

My Scottish themed right calf. All done by Dave Crossley from Stirling from 1998 to 2001. The warrior; who is my loose interpretation of Calgacus (and not fucking Braveheart as I have to explain regularly) with all the background below his waist was my first tattoo. The background above his waist was the last work.

Going up my shin; which everyone assumes - and I feared - would be murderous was fine despite me having a hangover. The band across the top of my calf as it hit that little knuckle below the knee was; shall we say, a trifle uncomfortable.

Shuggy
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby InkMan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:12 pm

My only regret. After being very ill and the end of 2000 I wanted to celebrate my good health returning by being inked by Dave Crossley. Even though I knew at that point that I wanted heavy coverage in the style of a short sleeve bodysuit I decided to get this. Japanese Kanjii for Good Health*. I love this tattoo but I cannot see it ever being part of my backpiece so it will be lasered at some point. You learn by your mistakes and this is the only tattoo that I have not been incredibly anal in studying then thinking about placement.

Only eleven years old but is seems that my skin sometimes really pushes ink out faster that would be expected.

Shuggy

* awaits that really means (insert funny remark). No it doesn't mean baldy, ugly, tattooed bastard!

Edit - I have tried to make these last two photographs fit the requested size on photobucket yet it appears very large on the screen. If this is a problem then please delete and I will create an account on flickr and try again.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Dontcha just love it when..................

I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

The Scottish Tattoo Convention 2013

Postby InkMan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Hi folks,

The 2013 Scottish Tattoo convention takes place in the Edinburgh Corn Exchange over the Easter weekend of Saturday, 30th and Sunday, 31st March.

It is a show attended by many fantastic artists and has great entertainment throughout the weekend. An oft repeated criticism is that the music at tattoo shows can be excessively loud but this event consistently receives positive reviews from both tattoo fans and frequent convention attendees as well as those with a passing interest.

Official Site:
http://www.scottishtattooconvention.net/

Official Facebook site:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Scott ... 01?fref=ts

Thanks

Shuggy
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Sharon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:08 pm

InkMan I hope you were there and having fun!

Special award goes to....

A Taggart fan won an award for the best Scottish-themed tattoo after having actor Mark McManus' face inked on his back alongside the Finnieston crane.

John Cuthbert, 34, beat competition from designs featuring Braveheart and caramel wafers at the Scottish Tattoo Convention in Edinburgh.

He said the show summed up Glasgow and that McManus, who played Det Ch Insp Jim Taggart, was "amazing".

Organisers said it was the "perfect embodiment of a Scottish tattoo".

Thats devotion for you :)
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby banjo » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:49 am

thats murder.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby InkMan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:42 pm

I was there for a few hours on Saturday for what was another fantastic show. They seem to have received positive press coverage from the BBC, Herald, Scotsman and Times. That's great to see as the people behind the show put an incredible amount of effort to bring the best quality artists, vendors and entertainment in an effort to attract tattoo enthusiasts, those with a passing interest and the casual visitor.

Still, the guys work would be even better were Mark Wallace at http://www.custominc.co.uk/ (who I don't know personally by the way) to ink "It's called the fucking Stobcross Crane" just below the landscape.

Shuggy
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby InkMan » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:00 am

Tattooed by Ian McAlister at RedHotandBlue in Edinburgh on Friday. Picture taken just after work completed.

Really proud of this one.

https://photos.smugmug.com/My-First-Gal ... oo16-S.png
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Previous

Return to Random Distractions