Tattoos

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Tattoos

Postby Squigster » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:34 pm

I've got sensitive skin, but I got my tattoo when my skin wasn't reacting - And bizarrly enough, when I come out in a rash now, the one area that remains OK is where the tattoo is 8O
User avatar
Squigster
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:11 pm
Location: Partick

Re: Tattoos

Postby nuttytigger » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:42 pm

nothing, just sunlight, its not severe enough to get uv light treatment but the only time in my life its okay is when i'm abroad but then i;m left with my face looking shiny.

i would love to shave my head and let the sun have at it, but when my hair grew back it would be as bad.

i also dont get Koebner effect when i damage unaffected skin but i do get it on my face when i pick my skin off, as i have plaque psoriasis.
User avatar
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1672
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:31 am

Re: Tattoos

Postby My Kitten » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:07 am

I have one tattoo, wouldn't get one where anyone could see it as I don't think they are very nice that way and it'll look lovely with saggy skin when older!

As for earrings, i hate seeing little kids with pierced ears, my dad still isnt happy i had mine done many moons ago. Saying that I hardly wear earrings now. Huge hoopy ones - awful.
User avatar
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 6105
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:10 am

Re: Tattoos

Postby Dave » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:26 am

Funny, my wife got a text from her daughter this morning asking about tattoos. Advice was 'no names and get it somewhere nobody can see it'. My guess is the boyfriends name will be tattooed to her forehead by 3pm. Lets see ::):
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2779
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:24 am
Location: Uzbekistan

Re: Tattoos

Postby onyirtodd » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:36 am

My Kitten wrote:
As for earrings, i hate seeing little kids with pierced ears, my dad still isnt happy i had mine done many moons ago. Saying that I hardly wear earrings now. Huge hoopy ones - awful.


What is it about getting bairns in arms ears pierced? Is it a sort of 'get it done early and it work hurt''? or a rite of passage - like circumcision? There seems no shortage of parents (in the loosest sense of the word) queuing up to afflict this on their weans.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
User avatar
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 3176
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:40 pm
Location: a car park near you

Re: Tattoos

Postby Dot » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:30 pm

I don't like to see wee ones with earrings either but I wonder did this craze start in Europe?
Have seen a lot of children on holidays with pierced ears at a very young age.

As for tattoos if you get one with partners name and then fall out with them what happens?
Is it like Johnny Depp who it was said had Winona Ryder on his arm and then when they fell out got it made into
Wino Forever?
Mind you he could be forgiven almost anything after his appearance in the Pirates films.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1764
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:50 am
Location: Norn Iron

Re: Tattoos

Postby nuttytigger » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:35 pm

i would never get a partners name no matter how long we had been together.

in the future tho i will put my childrens names under my tigger
User avatar
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1672
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:31 am

Re: Tattoos

Postby big jim » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:03 pm

im going for a sleeve tattoo and having it designed by a mate who is arty with stuff that means summit to me
as i dont see the point in walking into a parlour and picking a peice that has already been done on probably a few people, the idea of my tattoo is its gonna be personal to me and each thing will have a meaning, like most ink does.
as for the ear peircing thing my old dear took my sister down to get her ears done when she was about 1 year old,
and my sister has done the same with her 2 daughters most of my female cousins were the same, but unlike one of the posts i dont think it makes you any less of a parent by getting your daughters ears done at a young age :roll:
big jim
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:52 pm

Re: Tattoos

Postby nuttytigger » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:11 pm

i was about 7 when i asked for my ears to peirced, and i remember i got them done in Airdrie, but my ears kept going infected no matter what my mum or me done,

when i was in first year, about 11 i got them done again, and its been fine since then, got them done 3 times on each ear, 4 times on my right ear and twice at the top, i done my 4th at the bottom and 2nd at the top myself hehe, my left ear had 3 at the bottom and one at the top.
User avatar
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1672
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:31 am

Re: Tattoos

Postby onyirtodd » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:28 pm

big jim wrote:im going for a sleeve tattoo and having it designed by a mate who is arty with stuff that means summit to me
as i dont see the point in walking into a parlour and picking a peice that has already been done on probably a few people, the idea of my tattoo is its gonna be personal to me and each thing will have a meaning, like most ink does.
as for the ear peircing thing my old dear took my sister down to get her ears done when she was about 1 year old,
and my sister has done the same with her 2 daughters most of my female cousins were the same, but unlike one of the posts i dont think it makes you any less of a parent by getting your daughters ears done at a young age :roll:


Could you maybe ask your mother and sister why she got their kids ears done? It's a serious question. I don't have an issue with pierced ears - I had one done myself years ago - but I'm firmly of the opinion that kids ought to be of an age where they can make the decision themselves.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
User avatar
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 3176
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:40 pm
Location: a car park near you

Re: Tattoos

Postby big jim » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:41 pm

well according to what my auld dear just said, "it is just the done thing with wee lassies" suppose atleast its better than dressing a 1 year old lassie in a football top, make up and there jammie trousers ::):

but i dont see any harm or foul in getting a weans ears done, but everybody has there own choices for there kiddly winks :)
big jim
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:52 pm

Re: Tattoos

Postby cheesylion » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:11 pm

Image
Ching Ching!!!!!!!
User avatar
cheesylion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:42 pm
Location: Here

Re: Tattoos

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:06 pm

big jim wrote:well according to what my auld dear just said, "it is just the done thing with wee lassies" suppose atleast its better than dressing a 1 year old lassie in a football top, make up and there jammie trousers ::):

but i dont see any harm or foul in getting a weans ears done, but everybody has there own choices for there kiddly winks :)



Why not Tatoo them?

It is of course an Irish catholic thing ear piercing. .
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
User avatar
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 6252
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:54 pm

Re: Tattoos

Postby penguinmonkey » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:59 am

Dexter St. Clair wrote:
big jim wrote:well according to what my auld dear just said, "it is just the done thing with wee lassies" suppose atleast its better than dressing a 1 year old lassie in a football top, make up and there jammie trousers ::):

but i dont see any harm or foul in getting a weans ears done, but everybody has there own choices for there kiddly winks :)



Why not Tatoo them?

It is of course an Irish catholic thing ear piercing. .


I think it might be a Catholic thing generally as my Girlfriend's family is from Portugal and it is pretty standard over there for babies to have their ears pierced
It's always funny 'til someone gets hurt and then it's just hilarious
penguinmonkey
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Tattoos

Postby toomse » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:45 pm

I've seen some cool 3D tattoos of late

small selection here: http://damncoolpics.blogspot.com/2008/1 ... ttoos.html
User avatar
toomse
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:52 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests