Tattoos

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Tattoos

Postby onyirtodd » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:03 pm

big jim wrote:well according to what my auld dear just said, "it is just the done thing with wee lassies" suppose atleast its better than dressing a 1 year old lassie in a football top, make up and there jammie trousers ::):

but i dont see any harm or foul in getting a weans ears done, but everybody has there own choices for there kiddly winks :)

Thank you. I believe there are parts of the world where circumcision and genital mutilation is "just the done thing with wee lassies" :roll:
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:23 pm

onyirtodd wrote:Thank you. I believe there are parts of the world where circumcision and genital mutilation is "just the done thing with wee lassies" :roll:

Aren't almost all males in America foreskinless. As for female genital mutation I think this is restrcited to Africa and Asian but I wouldn't rule out other continents
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:54 pm

I've only ever heard of so-called female circumcision in Africa and Asia (mainly parts of Africa), and rare cases when people from those cultures emigrate but carry on doing it. Pretty damned unpleasant.

I understand male circumcision is falling out of favour a bit in the States. (Or rather, it's not almost universal like it once was.) I know some snipees get upset that something like that was done without their permission. The results aren't entirely unpleasant though. *Ahem*
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby hazy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:46 pm

Nae skin af ma nose
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:40 am

hazy wrote:Nae skin af ma nose

I know what you're getting for Christmas...

You can cancel the infertility clinic appointments, btw.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby big jim » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:50 am

Dexter St. Clair wrote:Why not Tatoo them?

It is of course an Irish catholic thing ear piercing. .

:roll: :roll:

onyirtodd wrote:Thank you. I believe there are parts of the world where circumcision and genital mutilation is "just the done thing with wee lassies" :roll:

maybe it is but no in this country :roll:
big jim
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby flyman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:41 pm

I think i've said it before on here but to some folk irony is the taste they get when they lick a battery.
Never Get Out Of The Boat
flyman
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby rotten milk » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:35 am

back on topic

i got a tattoo on my lower back, which is the same as the one my fiancee had on her lower back
when she got it, she wanted it and picked the design out the book

anyhoo, she died suddenly in 2005 and 2 years later i finally decided i would get the same one, in the same place
being the ever practical, boring sort, i'd avoided getting the full portrait/name treatment which i might conceivably regret later on

so now, i have a tattoo as a memorial to ma bebe, of an uncontroversial design, in a place where most folk will never see it, unless i go topless 8O but it is there for a reason - funny thing is tho, i forget it's there!

i will say that it's the most pain i've experienced, without even thinking about crying - it was lots of heavy breathing and gritting of teeth and feeling the vibration through my spine bones

glad i eventually got it done, for purely personal reasons - don't rule out others, but would have to think it through first

btw pierce your bairn's ears if you must, as long's they don't end up wi' 3 sets of 'creole' earrings/a shell suit/sovs/5 chains round their neck - that will stereotype them much more than any supposed religious connotation ever will.....
hey, d'ye think it's ootside yir in?
rotten milk
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:48 am

i read your account there and for some reason was drawn to your friend getting a tattoo where people could see it but then i read the account and you said that you got it where no-one will ever see it - can i ask where it will be? no-one will see it but you could tell us where on the body it will be,

i didnt think getting my tattoo was painfull at all, its on my right shoulder, has been since i turned 18, i asked my mum to either get my tongue pierced or a tattoo and she said i could get a tattoo so i got one on my shoulder, then a couple of years later i got another one on my ankle that i hate and wish i had never gotten :x
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby rotten milk » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:38 am

it's on my (and was on her) lower back, as i said! :wink:
probly just above the waistband on a pair of jeans (normal jeans, that is, not bumhuggers)
so it won't be visible unless i'm topless
actually she had a red devil on her right upper forearm that said 'shit happy'
funnily enough she wanted a tigger tattoo, probly one of him bouncing on his tail, on her shoulder, but as it turned out, there wasn't time..........
hey, d'ye think it's ootside yir in?
rotten milk
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby InkMan » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:51 pm

I am studying, initially online, for tattoo(s) I want to get from the amazing Shaun Wood at Woody's Tattoo Studio on High Wycombe. As the people who have met me on HG nights out know I love my tattoos. I plan and study the history and iconography of each image to ensure authenticity of my work.

I am planning to receive a Chinese Dragon and Phoenix to wrap around opposing arms from elbow to wrist. I like the positive relationship between these creatures in Chinese mythology rather than the somewhat aggressive nature from other cultures.

Anyhooz, I am stuck with one particular area. Would anyone know which of the myriad of Chinese dragon's is most associated with the Fenghuang(s)? I am not looking to be led by the hand to an image as I enjoy the studying. Where would be the best place to contact in writing or via e-mail.

In the meantime I have an appointment with (the also incredible) Ian McAllister at Paul Slifer's Redhotandblue in Edinburgh on 31st to probably complete the work on my left calf and will post the results when healed.

Shuggy
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby ilookedup » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:00 pm

I have two tattoos: my star sign, aries, on my shoulder and a stylized peace sign on my back. both are pretty small. I got the first decades ago and never gave any thought to having another until daughter had first (of several).
ilookedup
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby admpgk » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:32 pm

banjo wrote:nae holes in me that nature never put there,nae wee drawings on me either.dont feel as though ive missed anything.i did once think about getting a slogan tatooed on me though,it would have read,they will never tatoo me. 8O

I have to agree! I personally don't like tattoos. However, I respect others views and as they're not doing anybody any harm it's up to each individual to decide whether they want to have tattoos. That said, I equally don't like seeing young bairns with pierced ears. Let the weans make their own minds up as to whether they want to have pierced ears once they've grown up a bit!!

Incidentally if I was ever going to get a tattoo I'd go for a picture of a "Ninja" - just 'cause nobody can ever find them!!!

Alternatively to quote the old joke I could go for the swan/saskatchewan option on a private place!
admpgk
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Doorstop » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:54 pm

I love girls with tattoos .. whenever I see one I instantly think "Here's a girl well capable of making decisions she'll regret tomorrow".

My ex-wife had a tattoo of a sea shell at the top of her inner thigh. If you put your ear to it, I swear you could smell the ocean.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Doorstop wrote:I love girls with tattoos .. whenever I see one I instantly think "Here's a girl well capable of making decisions she'll regret tomorrow".

My ex-wife had a tattoo of a sea shell at the top of her inner thigh. If you put your ear to it, I swear you could smell the ocean.

::): ::): ::):
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions