Boredom Thread: What advert drives you insane?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Boredom Thread: What advert drives you insane?

Postby The Egg Man » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:27 pm

Who ever heard of a anyone living in a Dundee council house and paying council tax?

That's what Council Tax Benefit is for.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:23 am

minimum would be 1 in 3. Although my mate who was over sixty and lived in Springburn claimed he was the only council tax payer in his close.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:minimum would be 1 in 3. Although my mate who was over sixty and lived in Springburn claimed he was the only council tax payer in his close.

Working round there as I do, I would suggest that is eminently possible.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:30 am

Even when receiving benefits I've always had to pay a portion of my council tax.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:28 am

Doorstop wrote:Even when receiving benefits I've always had to pay a portion of my council tax.

It should be pointed out that my mate's neighbours had worked all their lives , brought up families an paid a significantly higher proportion of their income than certain people whom we never mention on this board. How much benefit did Michelle Mone get before she shut up shop, sacked her work force and took it to a lower wage country?

I never find posts moaning about council spending ion stuff like this.

Information about the Service we provide
Companies who are looking to expand their existing operations in the East Riding or companies looking to establish new facilities should contact the Inward Investment Team to discuss their proposed projects. We can provide a free service to assist investors to implement projects which can include locating suitable sites and/or premises, financial assistance, training and training incentives, utility providers, liaise with other council departments such as planning, highways, environmental health.
All for free and available in every local authority.

The Scottish Government can provide a range of financial assistance to new and existing businesses in Scotland.

Investment Grants
Regional Selective Assistance (RSA) - is the main national scheme of financial assistance to industry, helping create and safeguard jobs in the Assisted Areas of Scotland. It also encompasses additional Tier 3 support, available to Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in other designated areas.

I used to get a list of which businesses received and how much they got in Scotland but It's going to take me a bit more time to find out who's getting what today.

In Wales however here's a big benefit story.

Airbus to receive £30 million in grant support from Welsh Assembly Government

Plane manufacturers have secured nearly £30 million of free Government grants from the Welsh Assembly to be invested into operations from a plant in Flintshire. It is hoped the Broughton factory will be able to make high-quality composite wings as a result of the money.

Now let's get back to slagging poor people.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:27 am

Dexter St. Clair wrote:
Doorstop wrote:Even when receiving benefits I've always had to pay a portion of my council tax.

It should be pointed out that my mate's neighbours had worked all their lives , brought up families an paid a significantly higher proportion of their income than certain people whom we never mention on this board. How much benefit did Michelle Mone get before she shut up shop, sacked her work force and took it to a lower wage country?

I never find posts moaning about council spending ion stuff like this.ices

I wasn't moaning Dex .. just stating a fact .. another fact (one that I don't often mention as I don't think it's particularly noteworthy) is that, even though I have had extended periods of unemployment due to ill health I have only ever been on all the benefits I was 'entitled' to on one or two occasions, preferring instead to do my best to struggle through on my own merit.

Not everyone on benefit is a bludger or a scrounger sir.
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:41 am

I was actually trying to underline your comment and obviously failed.

I only had a bottle of Carlsberg export and a bottle of Becks and my arguments fall to pieces. I stress we complain too much about people on minimal benefits whilst the real welfare scroungers con us out of billions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:42 am

Ah .. I stand corrected then my good man. I shall suitably rebuke myself forthwith.
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:47 am

That bloody Emma Boon of the TaxDodgers Alliance. I could stick her head down the pan until the bubbles stop. Just what I don't need first thing in the morning before my coffee's kicked in. Grr.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:39 am

BrigitDoon wrote:That bloody Emma Boon of the TaxDodgers Alliance. I could stick her head down the pan until the bubbles stop. Just what I don't need first thing in the morning before my coffee's kicked in. Grr.

Is that she of the Beatrix Campbell annunciation school?
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:19 am

I don't know anything about Beatrix Campbell and had to resort to Wikipedia. Seems she's something to do with left-wing feminism which is about as far removed from La Boon as you get.

The soi-disant Taxpayers' Alliance is an assemblage of young tory spin-doctors who routinely place segments in news broadcasts or provide quotes to the Daily Express. The gist of their spin is that we should be spending as little as possible on public services so that they can cut taxes. In turn, this allows their fatcat sponsors to cream off yet more of Joe Public's meagre disposal income and spirit it away to foreign shores.

They've been challenged many a time to make public their finances and funding, but for some reason are reticent about this. Taxpayer's Alliance, named in the best hypocritical/ironic style of the Daily Fail.

Here endeth the lesson. Probably should have put this digression in the IDS thread...
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:28 pm

If you listen to Bea Campbell and Debbie Keen they share similar flattened vowels and northern accents. Usually the TPA put up some guy trying not to sound posh but Ms TPA sounds genuinely working class.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:09 pm

The snow angel advert for 'Coors Light' with Jean Claude Van Damme.
Not sure which bit is the worst.
There is that awful denim outfit which looks like something he's had for years and couldn't bear to part with, the hairdo
and the singing.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:53 pm

You're not part of the target audience of fat men.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby the researcher » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:53 pm

The DFS advert and the indents on coronation street at least the animation they had before was funny.

Confused dot com making a mockery of a queen song, cillit bang where the guy shouted like everyone was deaf,
the online bingo that used to sponsor emmerdale at last its been changed to a different sponsor.

Codonas fun park irritating voices, also and i know its not an advert the jeremy kyle show is it really neccesary to show two
back to back episodes on itv2 every day and at 6pm jeremy kyle usa and on a sunday jeremy kyle and his usa show on itv1 on a saturday as well.
THE FLYING SCOT MADE BY RATTRAYS IN GLASGOW THE BEST BICYCLE EVER MADE
the researcher
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions