film four

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

film four

Postby glasgowgub » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:19 pm

for those of you who dont have a copy of Gregorys Girl, its on filmfour at eight oclock tonight (june 16) also on film four +1, starting funnily enough an hour later at nine.1
glasgowgub
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Gus » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:26 pm

Got a copy of Gregory's Girl, just don't have FilmFour......
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Ronnie » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:08 pm

Oxfam bookshop in Byres Road has a VHS of Gregory's Girl for sale.
upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
Ronnie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:09 am

Ronnie wrote:Oxfam bookshop in Byres Road has a VHS of Gregory's Girl for sale.

Strangely enough Mrs 93 picked up the very same copy on Sunday afternoon and brought it to my attention :!:
I promptly despatched it from whence it came by giving her That look :!:

I'm curently looking for a copy of Saturday Night Sunday Morning sadly starring B A Robertson and other folk. Set in Glasgow circa. 1979 perhaps :?: Like Deathwatch it's merits of cinematography are realised in
the background shots and not realised by the actors.
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Gus » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:46 am

Got my copy of 'Deathwatch' from Amazon.Fr the other day. The quality is indeed superb, other than the fact that the behind the scenes has obviously come from very, very poor vhs or low-band Umatic, and it's in French. However, we should be at least greatful of a very good quality transfer from an equally good print.

Was asked to rip it for someone, and that proved to be tricky..... There is so much space on the (single) disc used by all the 'Tavernier Collection' trailers, that my only option was to re-master it with the movie and nothing else, which was a real shame.

Interesting to watch a behind the scenes featurette from 1979 (in French) which features many landmarks that are no longer there, or greatly changed, and you can actually forget the fact that it looks like it's been filmed on sellotape......
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby skintobalinto » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:28 am

Pgcc93 wrote:

I'm curently looking for a copy of Saturday Night Sunday Morning sadly starring B A Robertson and other folk. Set in Glasgow circa. 1979 perhaps :?: Like Deathwatch it's merits of cinematography are realised in
the background shots and not realised by the actors.

Interesting, Is the BA Robertson Saturday Night Sunday morning a remake of the Albert Finney original.
skintobalinto
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Gus » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:13 pm

I'm puzzled by this 'Saturday Night Sunday Morning'. I can't find any trace of this whatsoever. It sounded interesting, and as I didn't remember it, I did a few searches inc. IMDB. Came up with nowt. Is your memory failing Mr93? :(

Gus.
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:59 pm

Gus wrote:I'm puzzled by this 'Saturday Night Sunday Morning'. I can't find any trace of this whatsoever. It sounded interesting, and as I didn't remember it, I did a few searches inc. IMDB. Came up with nowt. Is your memory failing Mr93? :(

Gus.

Yes! the memory is failing Guy, but I used to be able to run for the bus just like you youngsters and all your interwebs and things :?.
But the film is for real though. I think it's probably down to the director being in denial how bad/good it was and has removed all traces of it. Some one out there knows of it's existence. Is there an online directory of all British films ever made? There again it might have been a co-funded film by the BBC or IBA of the day (pre ITV) ??
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ronnie » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:09 pm

Could this be "Living Apart Together" directed by Charlie Gormley?
upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
Ronnie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:24 pm

Ronnie wrote:Could this be "Living Apart Together" directed by Charlie Gormley?

Ronnie :D hugs & X's Fella. That's it :D

One things for sure though :!: my brains on the way oot :oops:
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:41 pm

He's no the voice of reason for nothing
He's got powers 8O

-Fossil-
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Gus » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:46 pm

Now there we go. I do vaguely remember that, albeit my brain has been dulled by watching 'Big Brother'. I'm not that young my friend, almost 40!

Young people these days, are usually neds I'm afraid. And before anyone objects, I have it first hand with at least one Buckie bottle in our front gardens each week. The ratio to decent kids in this area is certainly very poor.

Anyhow, I'm old, old enough to remember 'TIMESLIP'.......

Gus.
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:08 pm

…………fear not Gus for I to remember Timeslip

-Fossil-
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Pgcc93 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:09 pm

Gus wrote:Anyhow, I'm old, old enough to remember 'TIMESLIP'.......

Gus.

Now were talking :D Scary stuff! but brilliant!

Harry Potter sucks male chickens compared to this :wink:
Is it on DvD yet?
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Gus » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:54 pm

Don't think it's on video, but was released on VHS at some point. I think my brother has it, but I'm not likely to speak to him ever again. He won £37,500 on "Come And Have A Go If You Think You're Smart Enough" and he has not even asked if I'm skint (which I am). Not a h'apeny, nowt.

What's that all about? What would anyone else do in that situation? Apparently my Mum said not to bother with them, however I would have insisted they had at least a holiday or something.......

Not my brother, no. Asked me what I thought of the electric heated seats in his new VW beetle. Gave me some DVD-R's as a gift (as they wouldn't work on his stand-alone writer). I feel he has been totally outrageous and behaved very poorly, what do you guys think? Just out of interest....

Gus.
Gus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Next

Return to Random Distractions