estate agents

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: estate agents

Postby Josef » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:11 pm

They used to lend on properties in areas of serious subsidence that commercial lenders considered too risky. I have a vague memory from flat-hunting in the late eighties of there being bits of Shawlands that fell into this category.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby barry » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:56 pm

I love playing spot the estate agent on Kilmarnock Road.
barry
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Jazza » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:56 pm

I'm selling at the moment too (South Side), and its a grim time to be selling :D

6 viewers in 2 months, a hefty drop in price since Feb (when we were first going to put it up) and a couple of offers below what we can afford to take. If I didnt love this flat then i might be more annoyed but i'm not to stressed about staying here for now ::):

Still, best of luck to the OP.
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
Jazza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:14 pm

Not alot shifting right now

Try S1Homes save paying an estate agent, you can also place a classified then again there is Patch who do the lot for a shade under £600.

Best of Luck
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lady v » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:27 pm

Highly recommend Sophie @ AS Wagner http://www.aswagner.co.uk/ - 5th Floor, 34 West George Street, Glasgow G2 1DA - very competitive rates & good personal service. ESPC & GSPC registered
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladyv_uk
http://www.pushdesignandprint.co.uk
lady v
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Verbal Kint » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:53 pm

Jazza wrote:I'm selling at the moment too (South Side), and its a grim time to be selling :D

6 viewers in 2 months, a hefty drop in price since Feb (when we were first going to put it up) and a couple of offers below what we can afford to take. If I didnt love this flat then i might be more annoyed but i'm not to stressed about staying here for now ::):

Still, best of luck to the OP.

Hmm actually I don't feel as bad about selling my flat after this I have had a few more viewers than yourself Jazza but still not got that 1 that actually wants to take it off my hands. My poor wee flat is lying empty if it does not go in the next few weeks its going up for rental.
Verbal Kint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby John » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:01 pm

We were trying to sell and have given up. The problem is that we have signed the missives on a new build and are now having to pay the builders interest on the house value until they can complete the sale to someone else.

We also have to pay their legal fees etc.

It is a scary amount of money to be paying out for nothing -- apart from our own stupidity that is.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby Dave » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:43 pm

JohnR wrote:We were trying to sell and have given up. The problem is that we have signed the missives on a new build and are now having to pay the builders interest on the house value until they can complete the sale to someone else.

We also have to pay their legal fees etc.

It is a scary amount of money to be paying out for nothing -- apart from our own stupidity that is.

Erm you don't need to pay any 'ongoing' costs!!! The lawyer just does the conveyancy and that is a single fee process, you need to tell your end supplier to cease pursuing you until such time your current property is sold, this in itself would class as an agreement so there is no more need for lawyers until - - - - - The Chancellor drops Stamp Duty for 6 months or you complete your sale.

Right now to your actual post. You say you signed missives on the new build? I assume you took legal advice that said you should do so. You should only sign missives with your lawyer by your side, if you had you lawyer with you then sue them for negligence else if you didn't make a statement of incompetence and hope the legal system bails you out.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:39 am

Thanks. Some good advice to follow up there.

Yes missives were signed with our solicitor.

To clarify - we have taken our house off the market and abandoned all hope of moving.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby Dave » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:58 am

www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:40 pm

dave3009 wrote:http://www.nationalhomebuyers.co.uk/sellandrentback.html

Crackdown on 'sale and rent back'

and for right wing posters
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Peetabix » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:36 pm

JohnR wrote:
To clarify - we have taken our house off the market and abandoned all hope of moving.

Same here. We'll leave it on until the recent ads runs out then we're not gonna bother our arse.
Peetabix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:37 pm

Just opt not to rent back or rent until new propert complete, if the interest charges, legal fees etc on the new place pile up so high taking a hit on the value of the place you're selling might be worth it. Do the math and select the cheapest and most suitable option.
Last edited by Dave on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Roxburgh » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:43 pm

dave3009 wrote: Do the math

Arithmetic surely :?
Roxburgh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mr moto » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:59 pm

A word of warning , i had decided to use gspc to sell my flat , we talked through the cost,s £395.00 inc v.a.t for six month,s on their website and an ad in the gspc paper that you see outside most estate agents , i had them come out and take photo,s and room measurement,s . i asked the guy taking the pic,s , so when can i see my place on the website , and when do you put up the for sale board outside my flat ? oh just as soon as you have paid ..... this was the first mention from them that they expected me to pay them up front before they would advertise my flat for sale !!! everyone i know who has sold a property has always had the estate agent,s cost,s taken out from the final sale price , when the property has sold . i am now looking for another estate agent ... oh the joy ! :evil: thankfuly i had not signed anything first .
mr moto
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions