A83

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

A83

Postby hellish » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:36 pm

OK, so you didn't want to go to the Loch Fyne Oyster Bar, and the thought of an afternoon tea in Inveraray makes you want to boak...but bear a thought for us stranded Glaswegians. It's a hell of along way round and we need your support. We're now ex-pats, we've resorted to watching River City....please go to Tarbet, take a couple of Glasgow bricks, help us reinforce the A83.
hellish
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Re: A83

Postby hellish » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:50 pm

It's sad but clearly you Glaswegians don't care...you've got your M8...you can get from Ibrox to Parkhead on a 3 laned superhighway.....but it might take you while! please take some earth (stones are good too) to the Rest and be Thankful.
hellish
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Sharon » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:59 pm

I thought the probblem was caused by the amount of earth deposited there! Dont go encouraging more!
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sharon » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:59 pm

Spoiled my fun a bit the other day. :evil:
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby onyirtodd » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:19 am

Sharon wrote:Spoiled my fun a bit the other day. :evil:
's plenty

There's plenty of carparks far closer. You don't need to rest, but you may be thankfull.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hellish » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:15 pm

Sharon wrote:I thought the probblem was caused by the amount of earth deposited there! Dont go encouraging more!

aye, good point...but the earth's now all at the bottom of the hill.... maybe a couple of bits of two by four to shore up the side of the road would do the job.... it's a hell of a long way round!
hellish
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby onyirtodd » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:39 pm

hellish wrote:
Sharon wrote:I thought the probblem was caused by the amount of earth deposited there! Dont go encouraging more!

aye, good point...but the earth's now all at the bottom of the hill.... maybe a couple of bits of two by four to shore up the side of the road would do the job.... it's a hell of a long way round!

I blame Alex Salmond.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hellish » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:48 pm

onyirtodd wrote:
hellish wrote:

I blame Alex Salmond.

So it was Alex, passing through early last Sunday morning...he's not exactly sylphlike but I wouldn't have thought he'd cause such devastation. Anyway he should have the common decency to get back up there and sort it because I've got to be in Glasvegas on Monday morning and I'm not looking forward to having to get up at silly o'clock.
hellish
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby onyirtodd » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:53 pm

hellish wrote:
onyirtodd wrote:
hellish wrote:

I blame Alex Salmond.

So it was Alex, passing through early last Sunday morning...he's not exactly sylphlike but I wouldn't have thought he'd cause such devastation. Anyway he should have the common decency to get back up there and sort it because I've got to be in Glasvegas on Monday morning and I'm not looking forward to having to get up at silly o'clock.

He's a bit busy. he's worked out he only has weeks to secure his 'legacy'.

Condy Rice was asked what she though of his chances at a seat at the top table. After she was told he was was...thisImage was her response :wink:
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Peekay » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:32 pm

Just read on a divey forum that the Tarbet to Crianlarich Rd is going to be shut for 'maintanence' as well. It might be put back now but that's probably too sensible.

PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hellish » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:11 pm

Peekay wrote:Just read on a divey forum that the Tarbet to Crianlarich Rd is going to be shut for 'maintanence' as well. It might be put back now but that's probably too sensible.

PK

oh no......I'm trapped.... the only way out is by boat!

or plane....or transporter (the star trek type not the VW)

apologies for treky reference, it's the stress!
hellish
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Return to Random Distractions