Sir Jackie Stewart OBE insulted by Max Moseley

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Sir Jackie Stewart OBE insulted by Max Moseley

Postby junkcatcher » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:54 am

Nice to Sir Jackie Stewart back in Glasgow yesterday even if it was for a very sad occasion.

I was however shocked to read of a thinly veiled and very personal attack on Sir Jackie by Max Moseley President of the FIA who is the son of fascist Oswald Moseley and former member and election agent for his fathers postwar.

From the Daily Mail's interview with Moseley
"There's one particular ex-driver who because he never stops talking, never has the chance to listen -- so he doesn't know what's going on. "

"It's annoying that some of the sponsors listen to him because he's won a few championships. But nobody else in formula one does -- not the teams, not the drivers. He's a figure of fun among drivers,"

Mosley also apparently poked fun at Stewart's tartan trousers and caps, adding: "He goes round dressed up as a 1930s music hall man. He's a certified halfwit."
Andy
junkcatcher
First Stripe
First Stripe

Re: Sir Jackie Stewart OBE insulted by Max Moseley

Postby junkcatcher » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:58 am

Andy
junkcatcher
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Jazza » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:53 pm

Max Who? Just read about him on Wikipedia

Seriously, with parents like that he was bound to be pain in the arse.

He is probably just jealous that more people know who Jackie Stewart is!
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
Jazza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby junkcatcher » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:58 pm

His brother is one of the leading lights in the save foxing hunt shower.

Read Wikipedia article on his mother ---- barking

for more read the bottom of this PDF URL http://www.historytalk.org/Tom%20Vague% ... hp%201.pdf

also BBCi url http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/date ... 776295.stm
Andy
junkcatcher
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby scotgio » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:02 pm

Hate to dig up such an old thread, but as any regular follower of F1 will tell you, what Max Mosley is saying is very true. For example, the defence Jackie Stewart provided for Maclaren and team boss Ross Dennis during the F1 spy scandal, before any investigation had taken place. Maclaren were of course later found to be guilty. He's terrible for talking utter crap, particularly where his 'friends' are involved.

I think pretty highly of Max Mosley, it hasn't been an easy past few years for the sport. I think much of the hatred for him stems from people who don't like Ferrari, and rightly or wrongly reckon Ferrari have the FIA in their pocket.
scotgio
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:46 pm

i hate bernie ecclestone more, he is blatantly a ferrari fanboy and he bloody well knows it
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby junkcatcher » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:45 pm

scotgio wrote:Hate to dig up such an old thread, but as any regular follower of F1 will tell you, what Max Mosley is saying is very true. For example, the defence Jackie Stewart provided for Maclaren and team boss Ross Dennis during the F1 spy scandal, before any investigation had taken place. Maclaren were of course later found to be guilty. He's terrible for talking utter crap, particularly where his 'friends' are involved.

I think pretty highly of Max Mosley, it hasn't been an easy past few years for the sport. I think much of the hatred for him stems from people who don't like Ferrari, and rightly or wrongly reckon Ferrari have the FIA in their pocket.

Worth reading Max Mosley's Wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Mosley
If you want to know more about Max's involvement with is fathers post war fascist party (including acting as election agent and being a prosepective candidate) you will find pleanty on the web. Although he has publicly stated he turn his back on his father politics Max Moseley only left is father party at the back end of 1965 when it bacame defunct after its membership numbers collapsed.

It is also worth doing a bit of web research on Max and his brother Alec in relation to the Nottinghill race riots of late August/early September of 1958. These riots formed part of the background for the film musical "Absolute Beginners" Ted Grundy in his book "Memoir of a Fascist Childhood" gives details of his activities with Max and Alec Mosley particular in relation to the stirring up the local teddies boys against the black immigrants and painting the graffitti of Oswald Mosley's campaign slogan "KBW" (ie Keep Britain White) on walls.
Andy
junkcatcher
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby scotgio » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:27 pm

junkcatcher wrote:
scotgio wrote:Hate to dig up such an old thread, but as any regular follower of F1 will tell you, what Max Mosley is saying is very true. For example, the defence Jackie Stewart provided for Maclaren and team boss Ross Dennis during the F1 spy scandal, before any investigation had taken place. Maclaren were of course later found to be guilty. He's terrible for talking utter crap, particularly where his 'friends' are involved.

Worth reading Max Mosley's Wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Mosley
If you want to know more about Max's involvement with is fathers post war fascist party (including acting as election agent and being a prosepective candidate) you will find pleanty on the web. Although he has publicly stated he turn his back on his father politics Max Moseley only left is father party at the back end of 1965 when it bacame defunct after its membership numbers collapsed.

It is also worth doing a bit of web research on Max and his brother Alec in relation to the Nottinghill race riots of late August/early September of 1958. These riots formed part of the background for the film musical "Absolute Beginners" Ted Grundy in his book "Memoir of a Fascist Childhood" gives details of his activities with Max and Alec Mosley particular in relation to the stirring up the local teddies boys against the black immigrants and painting the graffitti of Oswald Mosley's campaign slogan "KBW" (ie Keep Britain White) on walls.

I read that wikipedia article shortly after I wrote my original post, I was completely unaware of that stuff. It however still doesn't change the fact the Sir Jackie Stewart is a kind old buffoon.

Seriously though, Stewart's contributions to the press have been getting more ridiculous with age I feel. The outpouring of support for Maclaren so early in the "Stephneygate" scandal was remarkably stupid.
scotgio
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Jazza » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:42 pm

Looks like Moseley might be keeping a low profile in the near future:

search google for: F1 boss Max Mosley has sick Nazi orgy with 5 hookers :mrgreen:
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
Jazza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby samscafeamericain » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:38 am

Jazza wrote:Looks like Moseley might be keeping a low profile in the near future:

search google for: F1 boss Max Mosley has sick Nazi orgy with 5 hookers :mrgreen:

My thoughts exactly. The News of teh World would not divulge their source for the story but did admit the person had a strange Scottish accent :twisted:
'once you can get men to believe in absurdities you can get them to commit atrocities' ....Voltaire
samscafeamericain
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby JayKay » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:28 am

He's trying to get internet access to the video banned in France

http://www.stv.tv/articles/reuters/sport/Mosley_seeks_French_ban_on_orgy_video_080418113802

::):
*value of posts can go down as well as up.
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scotgio » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:53 pm

JayKay wrote:He's trying to get internet access to the video banned in France

http://www.stv.tv/articles/reuters/sport/Mosley_seeks_French_ban_on_orgy_video_080418113802

::):

I always find stories like that hilarious - have these guys ever been on the internet? Surely they the must realise that someone will just host it in another country, perhaps someone should tell Max the internet doesn't respect geographic boundaries!

He's already failed to stop the News of the World showing the video, You can't realistically take this stuff back once its out in the public domain.
scotgio
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dugald » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:41 am

At the High Court, Mr Justice Eady said there was "no evidence that the gathering on 28 March 2008 was intended to be an enactment of Nazi behaviour or adoption of any of its attitudes. Nor was it in fact.

Mosley it seems , won.
Dugald
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:21 am

A right and proper ruling - your sex life should be your own.

**that said i did watch the video** :roll:
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby cell » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:41 am

As much as I dislike Mosley and his sordid past its good to see the papers getting pulled up for this type of thing. For far too long they have been getting away with publishing lies and half truths and relying on the subjects not suing because they don't want to draw further attention. The sad thing is that fines don't really hurt newspapers, if it was a particularly juicy story this will have upped their sales and advertising revenues and I presume a fine is a tax deductible business expense. What would really be effective is if the editors and owners were personally held responsible for what was in their paper and were fined or imprisoned as appropriate.
cell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Random Distractions