Madeleine

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Madeleine

Postby bluepeterno1 » Wed May 09, 2007 9:48 pm

I know it may not be a glasgow topic , but i was wondering what people thought about the disapearance of the little girl in portugal ,must be terrible for her family .My heart goes out to them ,god help them and the wee girl ,hope she gets home safe.

bluepeterno1
bluepeterno1
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Chris H » Wed May 09, 2007 9:52 pm

right seriously, it seems that only a few people I know actually thing the parents are the retards here.

WTF were they doing leaving her and her 2 baby twin siblings in there themselves? Doesn't matter if they were checking every half hour or 15 mins they should never have left them alone.

When they get back they should have the twins taken off them and if I was in charge castration as they don't deserve children.

Sadly the girl has to pay for her retarded moron parents actions.

We can all hope the girl turns up safe and well but in all honesty she'll either never be found or the body will turn up.
Chris H
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Josef » Wed May 09, 2007 10:03 pm

Not that I wish to be unsympathetic, but as I pass yet another billboard saying 'Police hunt for Maddie continues' or somesuch, the only thing that crosses my mind is 'Have they tried Sauchiehall Street on a Saturday night?'
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Wed May 09, 2007 10:07 pm

I don't want to pass judgement on the parents but I would not dream of leaving my son in the same circumstances.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby Vladimir » Wed May 09, 2007 10:25 pm

The parents were blaming the Portugese police for being incompetent at best and retarded at worst. I hate this idea that foreign people somehow have less intelligence than people in this fabulous country. I mean, come on... :roll:
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Wed May 09, 2007 10:45 pm

Vladimir wrote:The parents were blaming the Portugese police for being incompetent at best and retarded at worst. I hate this idea that foreign people somehow have less intelligence than people in this fabulous country. I mean, come on... :roll:

Well, they don't speak English very well, do they? Obvious, innit?

If anything unpleasant has happened to the little girl, then I am genuinely sorry.

However, dozens of people go missing every day. The message here is (in my opinion) that you are only of worth if you are photogenic, photogenic generally meaning young, female and blonde. If you are overweight, spotty, of an ethnic minority, foreign, or a combination of any of the above or several other 'undesirable' features then forget it. We don't care.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Wed May 09, 2007 10:58 pm

My goodness 'retard' certainly is this months buzz word.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Wed May 09, 2007 11:02 pm

HollowHorn wrote:My goodness 'retard' certainly is this months buzz word.

Actually, I think you'll find it was last month's word.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dave2 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:14 am

I think it was actually the UK media questioning the efficiency of the police because they don't do things the way we d. Thus the police from the UK who are out there are doing family liaison, who initiated a UK style press conferences to go onto BBC Europe to the Ex Pat community out there.

The police in Portugal have a 'contempt of court' style offence prior to arrest, whereby they cannot comment on an open case until someone is charged. The tabloid media seem to think that UK law should apply to UK citizens abroad - could be a problem for drug/sex tourism to europe / far east.

As for going away, it seems that they were in a restaurant part of the apartment complex, i.e. on a lower floor, and were popping upstairs every 15 minutes or so, hence why the time of the abduction can be pinpointed so accurately. However, again we are dependent on the media, who may twist and bend the truth to suit their own version of events.

Also, I believe her name is spelled Madeleine.
dave2
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MadameZiggy » Thu May 10, 2007 1:22 am

Not being a smug-satitisfied,pompous pig,but,as the mother of 2 young children there is NO WAY,I'd leave leave my kids unattended even at Geneagles Hotel or the Pitz in a Z country.

Children are precious & need to be protected....we were all kids once & thank God that our own parents weren't so concerned with our meals of "pirii piri chicken & eschabeche of sardines".

I do hope this little girl is found -though,I doubt it....
MadameZiggy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Graham » Thu May 10, 2007 2:01 am

I'm a wee bit puzzled here, are those of you who are parents and say you would never leave your kids in a similar situation etc, saying that you have never left your offspring unattended, perhaps to nip next door or pop out to the ice cream van or something like that? It comes to the same thing, no-one expects their child to be snatched, whether from a holiday apartment or even from their own home, but these things do happen. Are you really saying your children are within earshot of you 24/7?

The McCanns don't exactly come across as uncaring parents and let's be honest here I doubt they would have even ventured the 50 yards across the complex if they didn't feel 110% sure that their children were safe.

Personally I don't think this has been an opportunist crime - someone has been watching the family and looking for the perfect time to strike. If it hadn't been when it was it could quite easily have been any time that the parents were distracted for a couple of minutes by one of their other children. Again, can those of you who have criticized the parents really say hand-on-heart that you have never let one of your children out of your sight whilst attending to another one?

The distress that poor family must be going through is unimaginable - if you have young kids of your own perhaps instead of berrating the McCanns you should be thinking "there but for the grace of God go I"
I was banned for being homophobic.
Graham
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Thu May 10, 2007 8:22 am

No we would not leave our son alone under any circumstances no matter how much difficulty and inconvenience that might cause. He is only 3 at the moment and our approach may change once he is several years older but for now we keep him close to us.
Last edited by John on Thu May 10, 2007 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby Chris H » Thu May 10, 2007 9:36 am

I have gone out with a few women with kids and in that time if I was looking after them I can honestly say no I never left them for any time.

If the van was outside they were dragged out as well, there was a shop 2 doors down from one, when I went to the shop they came with me.

Kids are extremely good at starting fires/flooding houses/drinking poison (bleach etc)/attempting to steal your car so you CAN'T leave them
Chris H
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby rude_kid » Thu May 10, 2007 9:46 am

You're a regular fucking lothario, aintcha! Single mums and immigrants. Get your bicycle clips on ladies cos there's a fanny rat in town...
rude_kid
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Graham » Thu May 10, 2007 10:01 am

Chris H wrote:Kids are extremely good at starting fires/flooding houses/drinking poison (bleach etc)/attempting to steal your car so you CAN'T leave them

Ahhh....so in reality you're not so concerned about the wefare of the children, but more about the fact that a three-year old might steal your car............makes me wonder just what kind of women you're going out with?

Oh wait, I've just noticed your other posts

Chris H wrote:back onto the pox, the scars never heal, I had it years back and you only notice them on my hest as they look like someone stubbed a fag out on me.

On the gums and eye lids are terrible, I had them

and

Chris H wrote:As for the pox, my dad had his come back after 6 weeks after they had gone, he wisnae to clever looking I can tell ye

You paint such a lovely picture ::): ::): ::):
Last edited by Graham on Thu May 10, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was banned for being homophobic.
Graham
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Random Distractions