What are you watching?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: What are you watching?

Postby Bridie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:10 pm

Josef wrote:....... I wouldn't so much as take one step sideways to meet anyone I was at school with.

Aren't you curious?
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:15 pm

Na, he was the one they always picked on. (Bit of a swot you know.)
Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:34 pm

HollowHorn wrote:Na, he was the one they always picked on. (Bit of a swot you know.)

Well, there is that. But, frankly, fuck 'em.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:44 pm

Advert break on but have been watching David Tennant in "Broadchurch'.
Crime drama filmed in Dorset.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Dot, do you not have a set box that can record your progs? I could not tell you the last time I've had to suffer an advert.
Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Yes some things do get recorded in our house but otherwise I use breaks to make tea, put a wash on or whatever. Perhaps I'm in the minority though and not great with technology.

My OH bought me a new mobile last year and it has all the features I could possibly want.
Have downloaded a load of free applications and having easy access to Sky news, CNN and ITV is still a bit of a novelty as last phone had no maps, music or internet access. Being able to check emails is a real plus
& there is a variety of games though don't play many to be honest.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:30 pm

Dot wrote:My OH bought me a new mobile last year and it has all the features I could possibly want.

Aye, but it can't make the tea or put on a wash, it's not such a smart phone after all.
Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:07 pm

::):

OH at home these days as he took early retirement last summer.

Maybe I will have to get him trained to make me a few nice evening meals.
Though to be fair he does put a wash on from time to time.

Sounds like we have a few good cooks on HG like banjo and RDR.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:23 am

dot,chicken begum bahar last night for tea.as for telly,i watched bluestone 42.wont be doing that again.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:36 pm

Bummer, I recorded that, is it guff?
Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby InkMan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:09 pm

Did anyone see the Canadian born singer Kyla Lingley http://kylalingley.com/ perform for the Breakthrough charity http://www.breakthrough.org.uk/ at the Concert Hall around lunchtime today?

I only caught the final performance which was her amazing rendition of Time to say Goodbye. There seems to be two performances on YouTube that I must stress just don't quite capture just what a beautiful singer she is:

http://youtu.be/t4YGsicFRQs
and
http://youtu.be/yv9D4KwmmDM

What I loved was seeing people young and old from Hi-Viz clad workmen to people in suits to a stunning looking woman wearing a LBD (despite the weather) stopping to catch her. If I have time then I like to watch buskers or street performers. For twenty years or so my favourites have been the really cool looking black guy Job who plays/played spots of reggae and Hendrix then the one man band dude from the early nineties. This was just as good and attracted a similar prolonged, positive response.

Shuggy
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:47 pm

banjo wrote:dot,chicken begum bahar last night for tea.as for telly,i watched bluestone 42.wont be doing that again.

I thought it not too bad, shows a lot of promise, the music is a pain in the ear though.
Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vinegar Tom » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:44 pm

QT against my better judgement. And Mad Mel is on :roll: :gnash: :froth:
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:54 pm

I had planned on doing a massive ranty big shpiel on how much I hated the Channel 4 show "Derek", the comedy based around a bloke with learning difficulties played by Ricky Gervais.

I have to say I began my investigation of this programme with pretty much preconceived notions of what it would be and, given the fact I'm not much of a Gervais fan, had expected to be completely justified in razing it to the ground with much well deserved criticism of the subject matter, and Gervais' performance.

Having watched it though, I have to say it was some of the best TV I have watched in recent times .. funny, but never at the expense of the main characters disability (although that aspect was used for comedic effect), full of pathos, sympathy, emotional depth and extremely well acted.

Gervais has said recently that he would "shame" Channel 4 into allowing him a second series.

I don't think he'll need to.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bcuk10 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:26 am

Doorstop wrote:I had planned on doing a massive ranty big shpiel on how much I hated the Channel 4 show "Derek", the comedy based around a bloke with learning difficulties played by Ricky Gervais.

I have to say I began my investigation of this programme with pretty much preconceived notions of what it would be and, given the fact I'm not much of a Gervais fan, had expected to be completely justified in razing it to the ground with much well deserved criticism of the subject matter, and Gervais' performance.

Having watched it though, I have to say it was some of the best TV I have watched in recent times .. funny, but never at the expense of the main characters disability (although that aspect was used for comedic effect), full of pathos, sympathy, emotional depth and extremely well acted.

Gervais has said recently that he would "shame" Channel 4 into allowing him a second series.

I don't think he'll need to.

Ditto Doorstop at first i thought he was going to take the p and i must admit i was wrong Derek proved to be a very good show.
bcuk10
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions