January blues

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby McShad » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:17 am

Been depressed so long, I havent really noticed any difference
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:50 am

glasgowken wrote:I don't mind January. I usually get more annoyed during the hot months when the sweat runs down my arse :roll:

Thank god for the sheugh.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alycidon » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:25 am

Since 12th Night has now passed, is it not unlucky for the site to still have the Xmas decorations up (Glasgowhohoho). Given the feedback on this thread maybe it should be replaced with Glasgowlowlowlow :cry:
[img]http://www.jhowie.force9.co.uk/emu314carcream.gif[/img]

We must perform a Quirkafleeg!!!!
Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:26 pm

given the ratio of registered users to posters on this thread id say we're a fairly merry bunch...
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby scallopboy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:52 pm

Ach you just need to get out on an HG walk and have a few drinks in a nice atmosphere with like-mined people. Alternatively, 3 months in the southern hemisphere with sunshine and warmth may also help. ::):
scallopboy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MotoMad » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:04 pm

crusty_bint wrote:given the ratio of registered users to posters on this thread id say we're a fairly merry bunch...

am merry as fuck, just tanned a hauf pint of aftershock and awaiting the explosion in my chest.... 8O

8) pishedasafart csc
crusty_bint wrote: i.e. they're not a bawhair away from Dickensian!
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Field Marshall Shug » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:30 am

I normally like all the seasons but the rain and wind don't let up. I am having to empty a bucket of rain water every couple of days.
Field Marshall Shug
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Location: Listening to Strawberry Switchblade on a burst sofa.

Postby katherine » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:52 am

I feel ok so far this Jan except for the bloody weather.

I want SNOW!! :x
Shine on You Crazy Diamond
katherine
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby trudger » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:14 pm

scallopboy wrote:Ach you just need to get out on an HG walk and have a few drinks in a nice atmosphere with like-mined people. Alternatively, 3 months in the southern hemisphere with sunshine and warmth may also help. ::):

Some hope, I'm more likely to get 3 months in the Southern General.
trudger
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby duck » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:21 pm

Last week when I started reading this thread I was ready to join in and post about how depressing going back to work was, how shit the weather was, what a f..ing my bank balance has taken over Christmas etc etc. but then on Friday I got a phone call telling me I'd lost my big brother. Now I'm not saying this for sympathy or to put a downer on anybody- quite the opposite in fact; normally I would keep it to myself. Yesterday I was feeling 100% shit but today I've started to realise that he went the way he has always said he would want to go ; I was happy I had skyped him at the Bells at Hogmanay ; really pleased I'd scanned the photos he sent me of when he came out to visit me ( though it would have been better with less bottles and fags and stuff on the table in front of us ) ; there are honeysuckle and roses in flower in my garden in january; the sun was shining when I took my dog for a walk along the beach; said old dog made it back without asisstance ; my new house is nearing completion; if the bank manager says anything I'll get a loan from one of those places that drop in the letterbox every day ; my toothache has stopped; I calculated that I've got enough wood for the fire to last till spring without having to order any more. Now I am most definitely NOT a religious freak, or hippy dippy - just a normal guy - but I'm really beginning to see there ARE positives too! Thanks for indulging me - has helped just writing this!!!
duck
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby ootthewindae » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:06 pm

duck wrote:Last week when I started reading this thread I was ready to join in and post about how depressing going back to work was, how shit the weather was, what a f..ing my bank balance has taken over Christmas etc etc. but then on Friday I got a phone call telling me I'd lost my big brother. Now I'm not saying this for sympathy or to put a downer on anybody- quite the opposite in fact; normally I would keep it to myself. Yesterday I was feeling 100% shit but today I've started to realise that he went the way he has always said he would want to go ; I was happy I had skyped him at the Bells at Hogmanay ; really pleased I'd scanned the photos he sent me of when he came out to visit me ( though it would have been better with less bottles and fags and stuff on the table in front of us ) ; there are honeysuckle and roses in flower in my garden in january; the sun was shining when I took my dog for a walk along the beach; said old dog made it back without asisstance ; my new house is nearing completion; if the bank manager says anything I'll get a loan from one of those places that drop in the letterbox every day ; my toothache has stopped; I calculated that I've got enough wood for the fire to last till spring without having to order any more. Now I am most definitely NOT a religious freak, or hippy dippy - just a normal guy - but I'm really beginning to see there ARE positives too! Thanks for indulging me - has helped just writing this!!!

My condolences Duck,My heart goes out to you
Don't be silly.all clever people have big ears...........
ootthewindae
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby glasgowken » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:39 pm

I'm so sorry Duck.
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:38 pm

Good stuff - stay strong Duck. There's always positives, sometimes it takes some right shitty negatives to show them up but they're there ok. Give it laldy this year, life's alright if you change or throw out every pishy bit that you can. So get to the dentist so that the toothache stays away, another one off the list!
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby elgee » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:43 pm

Sorry about your big brother, Duck. Keep strong , it gets easier to deal with in time.
elgee
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:48 pm

you made me smile Duck :) All the best to ya, your brother will never be lost to you :)
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions