Amazon Marketplace Sellers

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Amazon Marketplace Sellers

Postby Simba » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:57 pm

Any idea how the Amazon marketplace sellers work? If I am buying on Amazon, but from Pixmania, does that mean I get the Pixmania guarantee as opposed to the Amazon one do you think? Pixmania offer a 2 year guarantee as standard, and I just want to make sure I get it.
Simba
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Amazon Marketplace Sellers

Postby red_kola » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:01 pm

Simba wrote:Any idea how the Amazon marketplace sellers work? If I am buying on Amazon, but from Pixmania, does that mean I get the Pixmania guarantee as opposed to the Amazon one do you think? Pixmania offer a 2 year guarantee as standard, and I just want to make sure I get it.

As a general rule, don't buy from Pixmania. They're fine until something goes wrong. Then you'll wish you'd bought from a company based in the UK.

One of hundreds of web pages on the subject:
http://londonerslife.blogspot.com/2005/ ... ar_24.html
Destroy All Monsters
red_kola
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Simba » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:39 pm

red_kola wrote:
Simba wrote:Any idea how the Amazon marketplace sellers work? If I am buying on Amazon, but from Pixmania, does that mean I get the Pixmania guarantee as opposed to the Amazon one do you think? Pixmania offer a 2 year guarantee as standard, and I just want to make sure I get it.

As a general rule, don't buy from Pixmania. They're fine until something goes wrong. Then you'll wish you'd bought from a company based in the UK.

My dad uses them. Other than a camera being sent back to be fixed and taking about a month, they've been okay. Also they are far cheaper than other places - one of the cameras I've been looking at is up to £40 cheaper there than elsewhere.
Simba
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby allyharp » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:06 pm

7dayshop.com have started doing cameras again, after stopping for a few years. Not sure how good their range or prices are now but they used to be quite hard to beat on price.
allyharp
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:56 am

I sell stuff as an Amazon Marketplace seller. I've never had any complaints about stuff I've sold but anything I've bought from other sellers has been pretty good but the odd thing has required a refund, usually given with no fuss. However, did buy a CD from one guy who sent this thing he must have used as an ashtray and then proceeded to haggle about a refund. I just complained to Amazon, they refunded me and must have chased the seller for the money.

Never bought from Pixmania but it would be their guarantee. However, if you have any problems, Amazon would sort it out.

All in all Amazon are one of the best internet sellers.
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:10 am

I've decided to give the Amazon DVD rental service a go. The prices seem better than Tesco.
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:10 am

glasgowken wrote:I've decided to give the Amazon DVD rental service a go. The prices seem better than Tesco.

lovefilm usually do free trials and sometimes freebies to go with them if you do a search
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:12 am

Cheers Kitten, although i'll give Amazon a month, and see if it's crap :)
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:16 am

My Kitten wrote:
glasgowken wrote:I've decided to give the Amazon DVD rental service a go. The prices seem better than Tesco.

lovefilm usually do free trials and sometimes freebies to go with them if you do a search

further on this

http://www.nildram.net/promotions/dvd/ 30 day free trial of love film

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=313548 boots £15 voucher on this one. This is a cracking forum for cheepies
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ghiribizzo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:52 am

Amazon rentals seem incredibly quick service. Only had one 'duff' one that didn't play.b
ghiribizzo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:56 am

Thanks Kitten. I signed up for that, but despite entering the code, it seems to be charging me right away :?:
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:09 am

me and tip2tail use lovefilm (formally screenselect) and we've never had a problem with it
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:51 am

Lovefilm have charged me £9.99 right away, it was supposed to be a free trial. Fucking crap.
I've canceled them now, they'd better give me my money back.
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:51 am

teh buggers send them crappy mails !
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Verbal Kint » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:34 am

Simba wrote:
red_kola wrote:

My dad uses them. Other than a camera being sent back to be fixed and taking about a month, they've been okay. Also they are far cheaper than other places - one of the cameras I've been looking at is up to £40 cheaper there than elsewhere.

Hi Simba, I am fairly sure you only get the Amazon warrenty.

I would avoid buying anything from DSG international plc (Curry Dixons PC World Pixmania) they are a nightmare to get through to if anything does go wrong at the best of times.

I have been going through hell for the last 3 months trying to get my wonky TV returned and keep getting fobbed off.

Try elsewhere methinks.
Verbal Kint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Random Distractions