Working in Glasgow Caledonian University

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Working in Glasgow Caledonian University

Postby crazygray23 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:10 pm

im in the frame for a job there in the security dept and im wondering if any members here went to it or are currently at it what its like? e.g facilitys ,staff ,troublemakers etc as im wondering what im stepping into....many thanks

Graeme
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MotoMad » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:14 pm

few of my mates go there and i pilfer the wifi from time to time, also make a nuisance of myself 8) ::):
god bless the nursing floor of the library
crusty_bint wrote: i.e. they're not a bawhair away from Dickensian!
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby doonunda » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:04 pm

ft
Last edited by doonunda on Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
doonunda
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby allyharp » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:09 pm

I went to someone elses lecture at Caley a few weeks ago. Stealing some education! ::):
All I can comment really is that the student shop was more expensive that the ones at Glasgow.
allyharp
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:27 pm

i'm there at the mo and i think its fine, not really seen any trouble makers but then all i ever seem to see is the inside of the union :). the saltire centre is the best for the wifi as u cant seem to pick it up anywhere else
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

I Work There

Postby Rossco » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:17 pm

Hey

Yeah, I work at GCU. It's a good place to work - staff are generally a good bunch, students are great... there aren't really that many perks for staff - you still have to pay to use the gym. The Saltire Centre (the library) is open access, which means that anyone can walk in off the street and use the facilities - including free wifi which is good. The down side is that security quite often have to evict stinking tramps who set up shop in darker corners!! Before the homeless hostel at the back of campus closed down, there were real problems and we had to get extra security for events or confernces held in the Saltire because free wine and nibbles would disappear seconds after they were laid out. You'd be greeting guests one minute and then the next you'd be prying a bottle of cheap cava out of the hands of some local scavenger!! And that was just the students... KIDDING!!

Good luck with the job!

Ross
Rossco
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby katherine » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:42 pm

allyharp wrote:I went to someone elses lecture at Caley a few weeks ago. Stealing some education! ::):
All I can comment really is that the student shop was more expensive that the ones at Glasgow.

Ah - but they do sell some really cool sweets. Like the cola flavoured Frosties. And Starbars :wink:

Oh - and you can even get your very own GCAL mug!! 8)

Good luck with the job Graeme :)
Shine on You Crazy Diamond
katherine
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby crazygray23 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:41 pm

shoite i better kill this , i got word a few weeks back i was unsuccessfull in getting the job thanks anyway :)
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby elgee » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:00 pm

awww, hope you werent too disappointed. Never mind I believe the old adage, trite as it sounds, that what is for ye wilnae go by ye. Summat better will come along
elgee
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Random Distractions